• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture of the day: 32

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In My Opinion:

1 Peter 3:15
New American Standard Bible

15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect

This passage says that believers must be prepared to defend the faith from challenges and objections and be able to answer any questions people may have

But it also tells us not to be obnoxious about it

It says that a part of being a believer is to understand and be able to explain and defend the faith to others

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In My Opinion:

New American Standard Bible

15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect

This passage says that believers must be prepared to defend the faith from challenges and objections and be able to answer any questions people may have

It says that a part of being a believer is to understand and be able to explain and defend the faith to others
That is VERY good.

I also like where it says "to everyone who asks you"... for me it gives the hint that the person who is asking is actually seeking.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Good points ^ above ^ and in harmony with what Jesus taught at Matthew 10:32-33