• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture of The Day: 29

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
All this is only my opinion:

Romans 8:1-2
New International Version

Life Through the Spirit
1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

This is Paul writing...

Verse 1: "Condemnation" means being condemned to Hell, hence those who are "in Christ Jesus" (or "in-Christ" in today's speak) - will never be damned to Hell, on account of them having a relationship with Jesus Christ

Basically, such people will be saved

Saved from going to Hell

Verse 2: All of the above is the case because Jesus Christ has redeemed those who are in-Christ by his suffering on the cross, which means we won't suffer the main consequence of our sin: death, as Christ has paid the cost of our sin, which is death - the debt has been paid and we are free to live as though it never existed - we become justified. After justification comes sanctification, which is another thing entirely!

He died for us so that we can live forever, in union with him

For all the horrible, terrible things that are going on on Earth it is good that we have this good news!

All that was only my opinion!

LightofTruth

In verse 1 Paul says "Therefore" which means that he is referencing what he said previously.
If you look back at the previous chapters, Paul speaks of how the law has brought DEATH to man.
Being condemned by the law was to be condemned to death.
Death is permanent unless one is raised from the dead to live again.
People are not "saved from going to hell", they are saved from death by being raised to eternal life by the one who is "The resurrection and the life"
In my opinion.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In verse 1 Paul says "Therefore" which means that he is referencing what he said previously.
If you look back at the previous chapters, Paul speaks of how the law has brought DEATH to man.
Being condemned by the law was to be condemned to death.
Death is permanent unless one is raised from the dead to live again.
People are not "saved from going to hell", they are saved from death by being raised to eternal life by the one who is "The resurrection and the life"
In my opinion.
Thanks for sharing your perspective