• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture discourages Marriage

djhwoodwerks

1 Corinthians 7
One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord; 33but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, 34and his interests are divided. The woman who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 35 This I say for your own benefit; not to put a restraint upon you, but to promote what is appropriate and to secure undistracted devotion to the Lord.

If you don't feel called to marriage, it could be that your Diety is calling you to himself/herself. :)

Proverbs 18:22 (ESV Strong's) 22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I hear the RCC is looking for ways to allow Priests to marry. Really?? Bit late I'd say.
I wonder how may more centuries will pass before any Church admits the Beloved Disciple (of John the Baptist) was a woman??
Huh?
Why don't they just lift the ban?

Catholic Priests used to be allowed to marry.
It was banned cause it cost the church to much money.

whirlingmerc

Overall it does not. In some places due to crisis it is left to the individual and may be advised against but it is there arm and presented as the norm usually