• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scribd deceptive cancellation procedure

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
They got me! I had cancelled, but I didn't see the ghostly print after I had clicked to cancel for the 3rd time. Apparently even saying "Yes I am cancelling" three times in a row does not count as affirmation that I no longer wish to pay. They charged me again for a month I won't be using.

Darkforbid

They got me! I had cancelled, but I didn't see the ghostly print after I had clicked to cancel for the 3rd time. Apparently even saying "Yes I am cancelling" three times in a row does not count as affirmation that I no longer wish to pay. They charged me again for a month I won't be using.

I would have thought staff got premium for free

lostwanderingsoul

If you paid by credit card you should tell the credit card company it was an unauthorizws charge. They might help. I cancelled something a few months ago but was charged anyway and the credit card refunded the money. Worth trying.

Neutral Name

I would contact them by phone (it helps to try to put a real person on the spot-I do it all of the time) and tell them that you cancelled and you want your money back.

HonestJoe

I think "deceptive" is a little harsh without more evidence. In my wide experience of technology (on both sides of the screen), this kind of thing is much more likely to be an error rather than wilful deception.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think "deceptive" is a little harsh without more evidence. In my wide experience of technology (on both sides of the screen), this kind of thing is much more likely to be an error rather than wilful deception.
4 screens. Last screen looks nothing like another request for cancellation and has an extra lite link near the bottom that asks if you still want to cancel. Its not even as dark as a normal link. I had already given the reason for cancellation, and I was sure I had cancelled.

HonestJoe

4 screens. Last screen looks nothing like another request for cancellation and has an extra lite link near the bottom that asks if you still want to cancel. Its not even as dark as a normal link. I had already given the reason for cancellation, and I was sure I had cancelled.
As it turn out, it looks like you're not alone and Scribd do indeed have some questionable practices in their cancellation process. Apologies for doubting you.