• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Morrison effectively ditches promise to establish anti-corruption commission if re-elected

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Scott Morrison has effectively ditched his commitment to establish a national anti-corruption watchdog even if re-elected, refusing to budge on any changes to his preferred model and trying to blame Labor for the delays.

Key points:
  • When asked if he would make establishing a commission a priority, Mr Morrison said his priority was jobs
  • Mr Morrison pledged to set up an anti-corruption commission during the last election
  • The Coalition's model has been criticised for being overly secretive'
Source: Morrison effectively ditches promise to establish anti-corruption commission

I can't believe Scott Morrison doesn't even want to debate a potential anti-corruption commission legislation, it would be such a disaster for him if politicians used the collective reasoning power of debate to come up with the best legislation.

In my opinion.

Brian2

Veteran Member
'Scott Morrison has effectively ditched his commitment to establish a national anti-corruption watchdog even if re-elected, refusing to budge on any changes to his preferred model and trying to blame Labor for the delays.

Key points:
  • When asked if he would make establishing a commission a priority, Mr Morrison said his priority was jobs
  • Mr Morrison pledged to set up an anti-corruption commission during the last election
  • The Coalition's model has been criticised for being overly secretive'
Source: Morrison effectively ditches promise to establish anti-corruption commission

I can't believe Scott Morrison doesn't even want to debate a potential anti-corruption commission legislation, it would be such a disaster for him if politicians used the collective reasoning power of debate to come up with the best legislation.

In my opinion.

The art of controlling the election issues and turning things around to blame Labor for everything that the Libs should be blamed for (corruption commission) and praising themselves for things that would have happened under Labor also (employment rate) and steering things away from delicate issues so that the public forget about those things.
It is interesting how the Libs have been using our money to make paid political ads recently praising themselves for things that they are woeful on (environment)

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ah, Australian politics is so much better than ours. Well, actually considering Trump, yes they are. So rejoice that you are not in as bad a shape as we are.