• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientology, Hacking Your Memories

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is more my thinking based on my past experience with Scientology, but based on this article....

How to Implant False Memories into Other People's Heads (& Why You Should) « Mind Hacks :: WonderHowTo

I think this is what Scientology and L Ron Hubbard were doing. Hacking your memories. You'd be audited, go back, remember a time you were hurt. Change the event in your memory, change your feeling about it and as a result change who your were.

This is why the Dianetics process seemed to work. You would change to some degree your personality by hacking your past memories. This seemed to work for this current life events. However they accepted the truth of this hacking.

So when folks had "memories" of past life events, including Hubbard himself, they accept it was all real. Hubbard was a science fiction writer. Likely had all kinds of science fictional ideas running around in his head.

By accepting these as memories and hacking them, they were changing their personality. Perhaps, in their opinion for the better.

Maybe part of other beliefs to. Maybe the Apostle Paul retroactively hacked Jesus into God.

In reviewing our pasts, over and over, this was a big part of Scientology's auditing, we can intentionally or unintentionally change our memories of what occurred.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
"I think that reality is purely your perception. And it's a completely personal experience. The world as you know it only exists to you, [as you are] right now. Every day you wake up a new person," with a different brain, and a different set of memories to guide you.

"I like to say that all memories are essentially false," Shaw said. "They're either a little bit false, or entirely false. There are entire experiences that never happened."

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...s-in-peoples-minds-julia-shaw-memory-illusion