• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific studies on Spirits

agorman

Premium Member
when we give them medications for their psychosis and they stop, is it the medication help their neurotransmitters?

I think unless as a temporary solution those medications are bad, 1. because AFAIK they suspend the patient's imagination, 2. because they can't stop taking them easily without possible side effects and 3. because if they're being attacked by someone from other dimension, the attacks won't stop. The only difference is the patient doesn't realize about them. Although the beings might stop harassing if they notice the patient has no perception of them. But closing the chakras or dulling the brain with pills are no decent solutions. It's best to go to the root of the problem, otherwise you're just treating the symptoms, which will come back without medication. And probably the dreaded day will come when no medication will be good enough.

how do we truly know it is a spiritual battle, and not some sort of behavioral issue?

Both are related. The external spiritual battle is a reflection of an internal one; of a "behavioral issue". If the patient is being attacked by someone, physical or not, it means he or she is attracting enemies for a hidden want for death or sickness. Does he or she wants to be healed on one hand but on the other unknowingly wants to suffer and die because of a lack of self-esteem, guilt or lack of love? Or wants to be sick to be taken care of, to feel loved? What's the real reason behind a disease, mental or not? Louise Hay has a very good book "You can heal your life" on that subject.

A few months ago I had a vision in trance of the horned god and he said my nightmares with "demons" were due to accumulated anger that I couldn't release. So that anger turned against myself. That attracted evil beings that attacked me in my dreams (real astral beings or not, they bothered me anyway). Nightmares diminished a lot once I intended to control my rage. The horned god suggested me to imagine my rage as a black smoke getting into a bottle and using that energy only when it's necessary. Even if you don't believe in the horned god, it's a good idea!

When you send prayers after someone stops shouting to themselves is it just coincidence, or does it truly work?

In any case it was too much coincidence; the prayer I've mentioned worked every time! It doesn't even has to be said out loud. Because it's not an external god that I'm asking that may or may not pay attention, but my own higher self.

And it's not the only prayer you can use though. You could repeat 3 times "I light this candle for John Smith" and light a white candle. That's also effective. What matters is that you use the candle light as a symbol of the energy you emit from your true self.

If the patient is Christian you could even recommend him or her to ask Jesus the protection of archangel Michael, 3 times, with his own words. Every religion has methods that work. I currently say "Internal dragon, protect me in a good way." 3 times. The dragon is a symbol of internal power.

Anyway praying is good but it's a little like providing a medication. Sooner or later the patient himself will have to be in charge of improving his own mind; in emitting his own light. You may give someone a push towards healing, but you can't help someone who doesn't really want to be helped. Maybe there's a deep reason why they don't want any help.

I do not discount your views and your sincere and noble prayer (I encourage you to send one my way)

OK I sent you light a few minutes ago, but you don't need me to pray for you, really. You could release light from your own self by repeating "I am light" 9 times. That also wards off all evil dark beings (no need of a priest throwing holy water, LOL). Divine light has many more effects actually. But be careful because too much light dazzles you and too much darkness leaves you groping. These days I use to call my internal dragon or some buddha to free energy from my own self in an intelligent way, to avoid becoming imbalanced. My path is still one of experimentation. I still don't know if defining myself as a Chaos Magician or a Buddhist, but do I really need labels?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
TED Talk on hauntings and what most of them actually are.
Thanks for that.

As to the point about demanding 'inner truths' be confirmed like 'outer truths', it's often sufficient if the possessor of the 'inner truth' acknowledges that it is indeed an 'inner truth'.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Please share anything related to this topic if you can think of anything. Otherwise politely discuss the topic based on other findings and related knowledge. The articles below are to start a conversation about such studies.

Electronic voice phonomena (EVP) might explain voices "in people's heads": What You Need to Know about Electronic Voice Phenomena

A decade-old old article based off experiments surrounding orbs in digital pictures. It has some good points that are still relevant: Is this the proof that spirits DO exist? | Daily Mail Online

Einstein's Laws and the existence of ghosts: Do Einstein's Laws Prove Ghosts Exist?

Chakra science based off quantum physics: Chakra Science

Chakras in neuroscience: The Anatomical Proof of the Existence of the Chakras

Near-death experience studies: New Evidence Suggests that the Near-Death-Experience is the Spirit Leaving the Body and Not Just a Dying Brain

Feel free to offer other explanations or provide counter-claims that can be supported scientifically on the topic of spirits existing. If you must dispute with another person, take it to a different thread. This thread is for discussing scientific opinions and proof (or lack thereof) for the spiritual. Opposing claims here should be talked about in a respectful and knowledge-based way, not used as emotional ammo against each other.
I was expecting a discussion on distillation!

gnostic

The Lost One
Mainstream Science is mostly financed by multinationals and governments; i.e. those who rule the World. Both wouldn't like common people to get out of wage slavery. That's why they don't want us to know too much. Notice I said "know" and not "believe". They will give scientific proof of spirituality once they're sure it will represent no danger to their interests (maybe never).

They don't want common people to know that we are an immortal spirit, an eternal individual with unlimited potential; that there's more in life than working for them 9 to 5 for a miserly salary, just to come back home to distract ourselves instead of solving our problems. Imagine millions of people being sure of the power of their own spirits and not being afraid of death. Millions everywhere making defensive witchcraft against the abuses of those in power. They didn't burn witches for nothing in the past! Now we grow up learning that we're just biological machines and witchcraft is only in fairy tales, so you believe you have no power. We even grow up believing meditation and prayer is useless, so we don't even call for a higher power to help us against them! Or people is raised in religions where you are taught you're just a powerless sinner.

They even hide evidence of physical things as UFOs and the existence of intelligent life in other planets. What if common people would start contacting those aliens and getting liberating knowledge? (spiritual or not). Imagine if we had the technology to materialize things instead of producing them and buying them. Or of getting energy in free, non-polluting ways. Or of healing ourselves without medications. All of that is against the interests of big corporations.

:facepalm: Good grief.

I don't know if I should label this post - conspiracy theory, wild imagination, or delusion.

Then again, it could be all of the above. :shrug: