• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence That Islam is the true religion

BFD_Zayl

maro said:
wether u convert or not, it's ur concern, and not mine
I am doing this because I think it's my duty to show Islam to other people, the way it is
and Allah will ask me about that
because I am blessed by being born as a muslim,
unlike most people who were born in societies having Islam Phobia
and were negatively programmed about it since they were born
and you, my friend, think that almost everyone else hates muslims, i do not, i have a few muslim friends, and i love muslim culture and music. and they have a very beautiful religion, but it is not for me, some people are happy with what they have.

maro

muslimah
JerryL said:
Then you do understand the Quran, and you can speak English. Great. Tell us what the passage you have in mind

we seem to be rotating in a closed circle
in fact,I will never translate a quranic verse

because this is not my job

when the website is finished,
u can then read all the translation, and detailed explanation u want

I think Dr. Zaghloul may even support it with lessons which can be heard or even viewed

I hope soon _inshaa Allah_

JerryL

we seem to be rotating in a closed circle
in fact,I will never translate a quranic verse
So when called to task to support your claim you refuse. You promise that there really is evidence, but you won't show it.

I think Dr. Zaghloul may even support it with lessons which can be heard or even viewed
Well, when he comes here and discusses it, I'm sure I'll respond.

maro

muslimah
Ryan2065 said:
And when you post sites like the ones you have posted and many examples of them are proven wrong you tend to lose most people you were trying to convert. If you know the field you are talking about then by all means argue the point in terms of science... But its too "iffy" to use someone elses research when you are trying to convert.
http://

actually I don't think that most examples were proven to be wrong

first, I don't trust ur calculations ( with respect to u)
and even if this specific site was not accurate in its calculations as u claim
I said it's my fault,

but I am sure that the rest of articles are accurate
especially the one concerning cosmology
because I checked it very well

concerning the rose,
and even if it appears red in only one of its cases, as u say
I still think it proves the Quranic description to be true

and about those who want to convert

I am not asking them to rely on my words only

they can take the articles and try to check their accurcy by their own ways

they can even search for more articles and lessons given by muslim scientists,
on that topic
or even by those who converted to islam because of these miracuolous facts

and I think connecting Dr. Zaghloul el nagar will be very useful too

maro

muslimah
BFD_Zayl said:
and you, my friend, think that almost everyone else hates muslims, i do not, i have a few muslim friends, and i love muslim culture and music. and they have a very beautiful religion, but it is not for me, some people are happy with what they have.

thank u for ur nice reply

but may be u are right, it's not for u

because not everyone can be a muslim

I agree with that

Ryan2065

maro said:
first, I don't trust ur calculations ( with respect to u)
and even if this specific site was not accurate in its calculations as u claim
I said it's my fault,
The math is not hard... It is very simple actually... You can follow it yourself... Make note that they never cancel out the measurements... They just drop off and no reason is given why they mysteriously disappear.

maro said:
concerning the rose,
and even if it appears red in only one of its cases, as u say
I still think it proves the Quranic description to be true
So the Quran makes a statement that when galaxies explode they look like a red rose... But in fact only one galaxy looks like a rose, and none of them seem to be red... But of course, this is true!

I am not saying that passage is false, I am just saying it might not be meant to be taken literally.

Ryan2065

maro said:
but I am sure that the rest of articles are accurate
especially the one concerning cosmology
because I checked it very well
Just a quick question... I started reading one of the cosmology ones and I noticed that they never stick with one translation... In fact they use one translation for 41:11 and a different translation for 41:12... You would think they would stick with the same translation?

Ezzedean

zasetsu57 said:
"speaking of pegs in the ground and the pegs splitting to create the mountains was actually a scientific truth to the creation of mountains".........mountains are created by the convergence of tectonic plates...not "pegs splitting".....scientific truth? Not even close!!!

Ezzedean said:
I'm sure you're not gonna believe me but I honestly just made a mistake..... the term in which the Quran uses (which I will show later because I honestly have to be at work) is plates. I wasn't a hundred percent certain what the word was because i've only read it a couple times and for some reason pegs came to mind, but thank you for refreshing my memory becaue plates is the word used in the Quran... thank you for proving me right on that one. I have work until 11... and I promise to you that I will give you the verse which uses the words plates and explains the "convergence" you were speaking of... I give you my word. Talk to you later.

Well I guess my memory of that verse wasn't as bad as I thought, and I guess you didn't prove me right because the verse I was referring to DID say pegs. I will be the first to admit that it didn't say plates, now that my ignorance has been shown to all, please allow me to show you the explanation to the pegs verse... tell me what you think. I'm far fromm a scientist, now every site which explains Islam and science explains the creation of Mountains and how it compares to what the Quran says. Here is site which gives diagrams and such... I know you guys don't like websites, and honestly I'm not the biggest fan either.... but I don't want to type it all and it's gonna make this a lot easier. So give it a read and you guys give me your thoughts.

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-b.htm

Peace and Blessings

JerryL

It's called "rationalization". Notice how you rationalized 2-3 words to make them fit the same phenomina. I have no doubt that you could have rationlize "held with glue" to be a reference to gravity, or pretty much any other phrase. That's the beauty of rationalization.

Mujahid Mohammed

Ryan2065 said:
It seems alot of this "evidence" is either gathered through ignorance or people are trying to mislead others...
www.answering-christianity.com/sci_quran.htm
Here it claims that the cat's eye nebula is red and it shows that the Quran passage that says when galaxies explode they become red is right...
http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/WFPC2/catseye.jpeg
This seems to be the same picture used before except this shows the Cat's Eye Nebula to be green! Gasp! Oh wait, science colors the pictures themselves... Its not to mislead or anything, they use colors to represent certain things... In the green picture shows the doubly ionized oxygen, blue represents neutral oxygen and red shows the location of slightly ionized atoms... It seems in the picture the Islam site was hand picked because it showed the doubly ionized oxygen as red instead of green so it fits their passage....​
these are people who are trying to make the words of the Quran more than there are. The scientific miracles are exact when mentioned. If the cat's eye is red who cares but what happens to the light being reflected in the explosion. What color is it. Does what is seen seem red. This is the question. Go to Harun Yahya - An Invitation to The Truth watch the video on the the creation of the universe, and miracles of the quran, etc. they are all good

Mujahid Mohammed

Ryan2065 said:
Just a quick question... I started reading one of the cosmology ones and I noticed that they never stick with one translation... In fact they use one translation for 41:11 and a different translation for 41:12... You would think they would stick with the same translation?
The Quran remains in arabic. A translation is what it is. But the Quran is in Arabic.

Ryan2065

Mujahid Mohammed said:
Go to Harun Yahya - An Invitation to The Truth watch the video on the the creation of the universe, and miracles of the quran, etc. they are all good
Does this movie mention the quran at all? So far its telling me nothing I don't already know about how the universe was created... 2 college physics classes and 2 college astronomy classes taught me this... I just can't fast foward and don't feel like listening to a guy lecture me on stuff I already know if thats going to be the whole movie...

Mujahid Mohammed said:
these are people who are trying to make the words of the Quran more than there are. The scientific miracles are exact when mentioned. If the cat's eye is red who cares but what happens to the light being reflected in the explosion. What color is it. Does what is seen seem red. This is the question.
Wait, huh? The Cat's Eye Nebula would appear white because it is very very hot...

I don't quite get how your logic works... You state that these people are trying to prove things that the Quran never intended to prove and that is why they are so easily disproven... Then you go on to try to defend them about the Cat's Eye Nebula when it is obvious the person who made the website either had no background in astronomy or was intentionally trying to mislead people. I just told you the Cats Eye Nebula would look white to the naked eye and you will more than likely just say the Quran never made that claim...

Ryan2065

Hrm, so I found where the movie starts to talk about the Quran... Here is one logical leap the movie makes...

1. Science says the point of singularity had 0 volume.
2. 0 volume means "nothing"
3. Therefore the universe came from nothing.
4. Therefore the universe has a creator.
5. The Quran can be twisted around to slightly describe this
6. Therefore the creator is Allah.

Muj, can you get anything thats written? Its easier to show the logical fallacies then...

maro

muslimah
Ryan2065 said:
Hrm, so I found where the movie starts to talk about the Quran... Here is one logical leap the movie makes...

1. Science says the point of singularity had 0 volume.
2. 0 volume means "nothing"
3. Therefore the universe came from nothing.
4. Therefore the universe has a creator.
5. The Quran can be twisted around to slightly describe this
6. Therefore the creator is Allah.

Muj, can you get anything thats written? Its easier to show the logical fallacies then...

where exactly the Quran has been twisted around for u ?!

Actually we don't have to twist the words of Allah, to prove them right

the websites posted have clear facts already, to those who have minds

I don't claim myself to be a scientist
but when I have read the Article of cosmology (for example ) , I found it too simple to understand

and any one can read this article
and then check the cosmological facts in it ( from a non islamic source )
and then check the translation of the verses (and wether they are applied to the arabic words or not)
and that's it
End of story

it's not a very complex task to do

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
maro said:
Well, that certainly is an insulting comment. So, if I do not agree with your viewpoint, then I have "no mind"?

maro said:
I don't think there is any danger of people thinking you are a scientist. I don't believe you needed to say this.

maro said:
but when I have read the Article of cosmology (for example ) , I found it too simple to understand
Too simple to understand? I see. So, in fact, you did NOT understand what you are reading.

And I don't have to twist your words... they already came "pre-twisted".

Ryan2065

maro said:
where exactly the Quran has been twisted around for u ?!
Well... You seemed to believe one passage literally meant galaxies exploding were red rose shaped... Then your example was the Cat's Eye Nebula... I then noted that the Cats Eye Nebual is white to the human eye and its probably the only Nebula that is actually rose shaped.

People twist religious text's words to show that they agree with current scientific discoveries... The religious texts are usually never translated the way they are before these discoveries. I don't quite think right after the Quran was written people were going around saying "Oh I can't wait to see a galaxy exploding to see that rosey red figure!"

maro said:
Actually we don't have to twist the words of Allah, to prove them right
Right, you do not... Yet many people try.

maro said:
You are welcome to check my math... I didn't even run any of the numbers.... I simply followed the calculation and watched the measurements. This isn't hard and anyone who knows how to do this (high school chem students should know...) can see that the numbers are wrong.

maro said:
When complex things are simplified things are "lost in translation"

maro said:
and any one can read this article
and then check the cosmological facts in it ( from a non islamic source )
and then check the translation of the verses (and wether they are applied to the arabic words or not)
and that's it
End of story

it's not a very complex task to do
Right, but you cannot derive the cosmological facts from the Quran before you know what they are...

Mujahid Mohammed

Ryan2065 said:
Does this movie mention the quran at all? So far its telling me nothing I don't already know about how the universe was created... 2 college physics classes and 2 college astronomy classes taught me this... I just can't fast foward and don't feel like listening to a guy lecture me on stuff I already know if thats going to be the whole movie...
Which one did you watch, and if you did not finish it how would you know if it is mentioned. And it is.

Wait, huh? The Cat's Eye Nebula would appear white because it is very very hot...
Watch the video. I am talking about how certain stars look when looked at through certain telescopes. They measure whether a star is moving away or not.

I don't quite get how your logic works... You state that these people are trying to prove things that the Quran never intended to prove and that is why they are so easily disproven... Then you go on to try to defend them about the Cat's Eye Nebula when it is obvious the person who made the website either had no background in astronomy or was intentionally trying to mislead people. I just told you the Cats Eye Nebula would look white to the naked eye and you will more than likely just say the Quran never made that claim...
this is what i mean exactly there are many other scientific miracles contained which are exact in the meaning. For example in your knowledge where does the metal iron originate from.

Ryan2065

Mujahid Mohammed said:
Which one did you watch, and if you did not finish it how would you know if it is mentioned. And it is.
I watched the creation of the universe one... I did then watch it farther but they make leaps in logic that are not supposed to be made.
Mujahid Mohammed said:
Watch the video. I am talking about how certain stars look when looked at through certain telescopes. They measure whether a star is moving away or not.
You mean the red shift? This has nothing to do with the passage... The red shift shows that starts are moving away therefore the universe is expanding... The passage is about galaxies exploding.
Mujahid Mohammed said:
this is what i mean exactly there are many other scientific miracles contained which are exact in the meaning. For example in your knowledge where does the metal iron originate from.
Er, from the beginning of the universe =o like all other matter... Granted it wasn't iron right away... so then id say exploding stars... Whats the point?

What scientific discoveries are explained in the Quran that science has yet to find?

BFD_Zayl

maro said:
thank u for ur nice reply

but may be u are right, it's not for u

because not everyone can be a muslim

I agree with that
why, i thank you sincerly my friend.

maro

muslimah
YmirGF said:
Well, that certainly is an insulting comment. So, if I do not agree with your viewpoint, then I have "no mind"?

well, u don't agree that the quran described the embryological stages with great accuracy
and that he mentioned the earth is round and not flat
and that the universe is expanding
and that the iron metal, was not originated on earth ( when no one could have imagined that, since iron represents a big percentage of the earth's core already)

u have all right not to agree
and when I said ( to those who have mind), I didn't mean to insult anyone