• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence That Islam is the true religion

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One could also site scientific evidence in the Cat in the Hat or Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Ezzedean

YmirGF said:
One could also site scientific evidence in the Cat in the Hat or Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Well... if you must know.. Cat in the Hat and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are both mentioned clearly within the text of the Quran... so it couldn't be more obvious that they do contain some serious proofs.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory produces some pretty amazing stuff Ymir... it's one thing to speak against the Quran and my faith but you and I will have to throw down if you continue to insult Dr.Seus books and my childhood movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Knockout

Peace and Blessings

Reactions: kai

zasetsu57

"Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people. We (Allâh) said (by inspiration): "O Dhul-Qarnain! Either you punish them, or treat them with kindness." S. 18:86

That is the "science" of the Q'uran speaking of where the sun sets.......

zasetsu57

"speaking of pegs in the ground and the pegs splitting to create the mountains was actually a scientific truth to the creation of mountains".........mountains are created by the convergence of tectonic plates...not "pegs splitting".....scientific truth? Not even close!!!

Ezzedean

zasetsu57 said:
"Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people. We (Allâh) said (by inspiration): "O Dhul-Qarnain! Either you punish them, or treat them with kindness." S. 18:86

That is the "science" of the Q'uran speaking of where the sun sets.......

Umm... I'm not too sure if I understand. It's not saying how it sets or where the sun sets. Have you read the whole story? Moses is speaking with a man with great knowledge. Moses want's to learn from him but the man keeps saying the he(moses) won't have the patience for him. So I will start from 18:82 where the man is telling moses a story.

"As for the Wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was. beneath it; a buried treasure, to which they were entitled; their father had been a righteous man: so thy Lord desired that the should attain their age of full strength and get out their full treasure- a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

83: They ask thee concerning Zul qarnain. Say, "I wil rehearse to you something of his story."

84: Verily We established his power on earth, and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends.

85: One (such) way he followed,

86: Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: near it he found a people: We said: "O Zul qurnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness."

Now I dont think this verse is saying that u can find the sun in a spring of murky water once it sets. He found a place when the sun set which was at a spring of murky water, and near that water he found a people... because later on in this story it says

18:89 Then followed he (another) way,

18:90 Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no covering protection from the sun.

Now it's clearly not saying that the sun only raises over these people... It's just he was following a path when the sun was raised he was with a certain group of people, just like above when the sun set he was with a certain group of people.

I've gotta go to work... I'm gonna find out more about this verse to know the EXACT meaning of it... but I'm pretty certain it's not saying what you think it's saying... but you and I will discuss the whole story after from 18:70-110 so we can fully understand.

Peace and blessings

maro

muslimah
JerryL said:
How about this: Instead of hurling websites, someone here who wishes to assert that the Quran clearly knows something that it clarly should not know give a single example (perhaps two) and defend it?

So, what is your absolute best argument?

alright jerryl,
I think I will pick something from the website of Dr. zaghloul el nagar, whose link is inside one of the links I have posted

because I trust this Man personnally, and I respect him very much,
and I am sure that this site is not a misleading one
and I was listening to his simple explanation in a T.v. progaram about the miracuolous verses in sura 81,
especially the verse 15 and 16,
and how they accurately describe one of the most known cosmological facts

but I think I will have to wait untill, his english website is finished
because it's hard for me to translate from arabic

Ezzedean

zasetsu57 said:
"speaking of pegs in the ground and the pegs splitting to create the mountains was actually a scientific truth to the creation of mountains".........mountains are created by the convergence of tectonic plates...not "pegs splitting".....scientific truth? Not even close!!!

I'm sure you're not gonna believe me but I honestly just made a mistake..... the term in which the Quran uses (which I will show later because I honestly have to be at work) is plates. I wasn't a hundred percent certain what the word was because i've only read it a couple times and for some reason pegs came to mind, but thank you for refreshing my memory becaue plates is the word used in the Quran... thank you for proving me right on that one. I have work until 11... and I promise to you that I will give you the verse which uses the words plates and explains the "convergence" you were speaking of... I give you my word. Talk to you later.

Peace and Blessings

Ryan2065

maro said:
alright jerryl,
I think I will pick something from the website of Dr. zaghloul el nagar, whose link is inside one of the links I have posted

because I trust this Man personnally, and I respect him very much,
and I am sure that this site is not a misleading one
and I was listening to his simple explanation in a T.v. progaram about the miracuolous verses in sura 81,
especially the verse 15 and 16,
and how they accurately describe one of the most known cosmological facts

but I think I will have to wait untill, his english website is finished
because it's hard for me to translate from arabic
Can you post the verses and at least tell us what he says they describe?

maro

muslimah
Ryan2065 said:
Can you post the verses and at least tell us what he says they describe?

no I couldn't do that
because I couldn't find a translation that truely applies to the arabic words,by 100%, or even close
which is very important here to reveal the right meaning

so I will have to wait, to see how Dr. Zaghloul el nagar is going to translate it

stemann

Time Bandit
I found chapter 81, verses 15-16:

Allah pbuh said:
YUSUFALI: So verily I call to witness the planets - that recede,
PICKTHAL: Oh, but I call to witness the planets,
SHAKIR: But nay! I swear by the stars,
YUSUFALI: Go straight, or hide;
PICKTHAL: The stars which rise and set,
SHAKIR: That run their course (and) hide themselves,

Edit: Not sure if sura meant chapter though.

BFD_Zayl

Well, the ancient Alchemists of old made amazing discoveries, which were eventually forgotten, and re-discovered by todays scientists. *shrugs* your message does nothing to sway me friend, maybe you could have spent the time you took to write this to realize that people wont instantly convert because of your "proof". i guess i cannot blame you for trying, most people who try to convert people are concerned for the other person, and therefor try to help them.

JerryL

because I couldn't find a translation that truely applies to the arabic words,by 100%, or even close
which is very important here to reveal the right meaning
In 1500 years no one has made a correct translation?

The words which prove that the Quran predicted a scientific discovery can only be properly translated *after* the discovery in question?

That sounds just like a prophecy that is said to be specific, but can't tell you anything about an event until after the event when the prophecy is reinterpreted to make it fit the facts.

You understand it in Arabic. yo obviously speak English. Translate it.

maro

muslimah
BFD_Zayl said:
Well, the ancient Alchemists of old made amazing discoveries, which were eventually forgotten, and re-discovered by todays scientists. *shrugs* your message does nothing to sway me friend, maybe you could have spent the time you took to write this to realize that people wont instantly convert because of your "proof". i guess i cannot blame you for trying, most people who try to convert people are concerned for the other person, and therefor try to help them.

wether u convert or not, it's ur concern, and not mine
I am doing this because I think it's my duty to show Islam to other people, the way it is
and Allah will ask me about that
because I am blessed by being born as a muslim,
unlike most people who were born in societies having Islam Phobia
and were negatively programmed about it since they were born

Ryan2065

maro said:
wether u convert or not, it's ur concern, and not mine
I am doing this because I think it's my duty to show Islam to other people, the way it is
and Allah will ask me about that
because I am blessed by being born as a muslim,
unlike most people who were born in societies having Islam Phobia
and were negatively programmed about it since they were born
I do agree that Islam needs a PR campaign but science is not the way to go about this my friend.

maro

muslimah
JerryL said:
In 1500 years no one has made a correct translation?

The words which prove that the Quran predicted a scientific discovery can only be properly translated *after* the discovery in question?

That sounds just like a prophecy that is said to be specific, but can't tell you anything about an event until after the event when the prophecy is reinterpreted to make it fit the facts.

You understand it in Arabic. yo obviously speak English. Translate it.

I want u to know that the arabic we talk in our daily life, is something completely different from the arabic teached in arabic schools

and in (arabic - arabic) dictioneries, the word usually have more than one meaning , and can be understood from many different aspects

and when we talk about a trusted version of translation of the holy quran , we never mean it's something unchanged,
the only text wich will never be changed , is the arabic one
because those are the true words of allah

may be before discovering a certain scientific fact, the arabic word was understood by the translators in a certain way
and the scientific fact came to reveal another meaning , which was absent
and as long as the arabic word can apply to the meaning ,
then there is nothing wrong with that

that doesn't mean bending the translation to fit the facts

Dr. zaghloul el nagar has a very long article about, those 2 verses, in his arabic website
and actually before mentioning the scientific fact itself
he took a very long time to explain the meanings of the arabic words of the verses, as mentioned in arabic dictioneries
and this very long explanation to those who r supposed to be arabs, and arabic is their first language

so how do u expect me to explain that to you

actually it is not my job to translate the Quranic verses
and I am too far from that

JerryL

I want u to know that the arabic we talk in our daily life, is something completely different from the arabic teached in arabic schools
I reckon I get yer meanin there. Ain't nothing like vernacular I says.. yes-sir-re.

and in (arabic - arabic) dictioneries, the word usually have more than one meaning , and can be understood from many different aspects
So you don't personally understand what the Quran says? Then how can you argue it's right?

that doesn't mean bending the translation to fit the facts
So your defense is that the Quran is not clearly written nor well understood by muslim scholars?

If you know what it says, type out the verse. If you don't know what the verse says, how can you possibly be referring to it as proof of anything?

maro

muslimah
Ryan2065 said:
I do agree that Islam needs a PR campaign but science is not the way to go about this my friend.

This is what u think

but actually science was the reason of many converts

and about the red rose,
what would have forced Muhammed to tell such a word anyway "rose"

wether red , or any other colour as u say

he didn't have to do such a thing

and he didn't have to tell about the ebryological stages,too

why would he tell something like that when he is not sure about it

maro

muslimah
JerryL said:
So you don't personally understand what the Quran says? Then how can you argue it's right

I think I was clear in what I have said
and it didn't mean that I don't understand the Quran

but what I am saying , is that the arabic language is a very rich language ( unlike any other)

and a one sentence may have one meaning, and another deeper one

and I admit that the whole true meanings of the holy quran can never be revealed to us all at once

because Prophet Muhammed _peace be upon him_ has said that it is a book whose miracles never stop

which means that as time pass, we learn more from and about the Quran

because as I have said before
Muhammed is the last prophet to be sent by god
and his messege is universal (in place and time )

so his miracle, which proves his prophecy, must be (universal in place and time) jusl like his messege

and not restricted to certain people

JerryL

I think I was clear in what I have said
and it didn't mean that I don't understand the Quran
Then you do understand the Quran, and you can speak English. Great. Tell us what the passage you have in mind means.

but what I am saying , is that the arabic language is a very rich language ( unlike any other)
How very condecending a position.

and a one sentence may have one meaning, and another deeper one
Sometimes that's called "sybmolism", sometimes "metaphor", sometimes "double entendre". There's lots of it in other languages.

But you just told me that you do understand the Quran, and so you must understand whatever passage you have in mind. Explain it to me.

and I admit that the whole true meanings of the holy quran can never be revealed to us all at once
So you *don't* understand the passage in question? Then how can you assert that it is scientifically accurate when you don't know what it means?

Either you know that a passage reveals science, in which case you must know what the passage in question says, or you don't know what a passage in question says and so you cannot claim that it reveals science. Which is it?

Ryan2065

maro said:
This is what u think

And when you post sites like the ones you have posted and many examples of them are proven wrong you tend to lose most people you were trying to convert. If you know the field you are talking about then by all means argue the point in terms of science... But its too "iffy" to use someone elses research when you are trying to convert.

maro said:
This is what u think

and about the red rose,
what would have forced Muhammed to tell such a word anyway "rose"

wether red , or any other colour as u say

he didn't have to do such a thing
He also didn't have to say "red"... When someone says god told them the explosion is like a red rose, if the red part isn't right the whole statement is wrong... So either he meant "red rose" or the passage isn't to be taken literally =)

Also, just because the Cat's Eye Nebula looks like a rose does not mean all of them do...
http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m027.html
http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m057.html
http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m076.html
http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m097.html