• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific evidence of medicinal properties in cow urine?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
No. The people promoting that crap are promoting snake oil, superstition and ignorance. Such claims tend to have political motives behind them these days, as well. Be wary of anyone that spouts such nonsense.

I think so too. Not all Ayurvedic methods are approved by modern science, still people in rural areas believe them.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think so too. Not all Ayurvedic methods are approved by modern science, still people in rural areas believe them.
Because of poverty and lack of education. Desperate people who don't have access to medical treatment are very susceptible to falling for such ruses. Plus, there's been in a rise in Hindu religious fanaticism in India and con artist priests and gurus are taking advantage of that to push bs "cures" on people. The cow urine cult also plays into the demonization of those who eat beef, the beef ban mess, etc.

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
Does it actually have any reasons to be used to TB, cancer, etc?

Not for diseases like TB and Cancer (at least not to western medicine), but it does have great antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Not to the extent of curing cancer mind you, but there have been several US patent pharmaceuticals containing cow urine. There has been research undertaken in India about it, but its there was no scientific report released as far as I am aware, so inconclusive there. I know it is used as a bio enhancer, and also may increase the efficiency of antibacterial and anti fungal agents.

Subhankar Zac

Not for diseases like TB and Cancer (at least not to western medicine), but it does have great antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Not to the extent of curing cancer mind you, but there have been several US patent pharmaceuticals containing cow urine. There has been research undertaken in India about it, but its there was no scientific report released as far as I am aware, so inconclusive there. I know it is used as a bio enhancer

Any link?

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
N the bio enhancer, is just lusting of properties on an Ayurvedic webpage.

Its listed and published in the "Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology". Not a Ayurvedic webpage in the least. See here also. and here (published in the "International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences"). The journal article also cites sources, so you can follow back from there. As for patents, see here. Do a google scholar search and you will find many published articles for the medicinal properties (as well agricultural) of cow urine.

I'm not saying we should start using cow urine for the treatment of deadly diseases like cancer, but its medicinal properties cannot be ignored.

Subhankar Zac

But with possibilities. That may be some old belief. Let science find out.

The original post was for scientific evidence, nor heresay or assumptions.
Possibility exists in all cases (except creationism n 6000 year old universe) but I would prefer some evidence to suggest that Ayurvedic ways in using cow urine was right.