• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

MY MOTIVE OF POSTING:

Because Marxists were as desperate to force their beliefs in to science as you are.

1. I do not think, that things are perfectly good in our world, religions, science, philosophy, and society.
2. My "chief priest" in Moscow (Fr. Kirill) has given us all the commandment: to slow down the world falling into the abyss. I need to turn back the "Titanic" of science-driven humankind from the hell of doom. But the inertia of thought is almost infinite, it seems.
3. I am not alone: all holy angels and holy millions of Eastern Orthodox Christians are with me.

THE POST:

the conduct of science has nothing to do with atheism nor theism.
Oh, no! No! This is the road to hell:

There was the university subject "Scientific Atheism" in the USSR. Why?

What are the options for a naturalist in the realm of faith and spiritual?

The naturalist is the known title of a scientist like a physicist, or biologist.
Can a consistent human be naturalist and deist? No, because in deism the God has acted even if only at the beginning: no naturalistic explanation of the Big Bang then possible. Theism is not deism, therefore God acts in theism as well. Thus, remains: the scientists follow atheism and naturalism. Indeed, they have put it as their basic method: methodological naturalism.

Consequence:
God can not be proven scientifically, because the atheism is the ground-making part of science. However, unscientifically He is proven, for example, by Jesus Christ and Thomas Aquinas (the "5 ways"). And Evolutionism is "scientifically proven" as well, however, it is absurd (trust your common sense, no monkey ever has produced humankind).

FUTURE:
The study of nature will be conducted in the Natural department of Theology -- it has not the atheism, but the theism as the ground-making method.

NEWS: Legendary Martyr Kent Hovind is still active:

I've mentioned this to you before, but it appears I gained no traction.
The whole point of methodological naturalism is that it doesn't require belief in philosophical naturalism. It simply acknowledges the limits of science, and proposes that scientific experiments must focus on the measurable and quantifiable.
It's quite possible to be a deist or a theist, and follow the principles of methodological naturalism.

Naturalism is a philosophical category. Therefore, there is only philosophical naturalism possible.
The wording "methodological naturalism" can be rephrased as "naturalism is taken as the method to conduct science." Thus, is true: atheism is the ground-making method of science. Why? Naturalism is consistent with atheism only.

Methodological naturalism is simply stating that whilst conducting science, it should be done assuming naturalism.
I have faced zero love among scientists. In fact, I was dismissed from science in 2011 AD because I told them about my faith. Why? Because having atheism as a method, they are free from the 10 Commandments as well. The Commandment to love is not the command in the scientific community. Thus, it is a fact: there are no 10 Commandments in Science. To fix such problems, I am talking about making the theism as the method of nature research. I am calling it Natural Theology.
Science is forming all our civilization. Having to do with godless-ness the civilization has holes in the bottom, through which the love is running out:

I need God of Gaps to close the gaps in the bottom. The "God of the Gaps" is one of God's holy names.

It's not a belief in God that's the issue. It's the merging of that belief with scientific method. It's not workable, since we don't know the nature of God, and can't measure Him.

It's effectively adding a completely unknown and variable outside agent to every experiment.
Nothing in natural Theology can be proven.

I do not mix Science and Religion together. I mix Natural Theology and Religion. Science appears to be an anti-religious organization (for example, Darwin's Theory of Evolution has greatly reduced the number of members of the Church). Natural Theology studies nature as well, but welcomes and does not prohibit references to Religion and God; before the beginning of any study or research activity, prayer takes place to drive out demons and UFOs from devices, computers, and brains. And what demons influence the measuring equipment is evidenced by the fact that cosmic rays flew out directly from the Earth, not the cosmos:

"Antarctica's Spooky Cosmic Rays Might Shatter Physics As We Know It,"
Bizarre Particles Keep Flying out of Antarctica's Ice, and They Might Shatter Modern Physics
Derek B. Fox, et.al., The ANITA Anomalous Events as Signatures of a Beyond Standard Model Particle, and Supporting Observations from IceCube, arXiv:1809.09615 [astro-ph.HE]
The ANITA Anomalous Events as Signatures of a Beyond Standard...

The paper about X-factor necessity: Gravity Law Without Universalism is Solving Many Tasks, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2007.0112

You really are not making much sense here.
Google: exorcism. The devil can be not only in the sick people but in devices as well. No experiment is reliable without the prayers to God.

Last edited:

questfortruth

I have shown the stuff the Dr. Kent Hovind producing today. Why he is not banned yet in YouTube? Might the YouTube authorities be Fundamental Christians?

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
What a strange set of associations! Science has nothing to do with theology. And what do either have to do with the old Soviet Union? College courses have gotten very bizarre since I went to school.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Why would this be remotely important to science in the rest of the world. Science in Russia has been in shambles for many years almost totally focused on Technology.

Yes, many.

The naturalist is the known title of a scientist like a physicist, or biologist.

Yes, but deliberately incomplete

There are different types of Naturalism, such as Theistic Evolution, and Naturalism.

Can a consistent human be naturalist and deist? No, because in deism the God has acted even if only at the beginning: no naturalistic explanation of the Big Bang then possible. Theism is not deism, therefore God acts in theism as well. Thus, remains: the scientists follow atheism and naturalism. Indeed, they have put it as their basic method: methodological naturalism.

Yes and consistent with Theism.
<snip>

QuestioningMind

Consequence:
God can not be proven scientifically, because the atheism is the ground-making part of science. However, unscientifically He is proven, for example, by Jesus Christ and Thomas Aquinas (the "5 ways"). And Evolutionism is "scientifically proven" as well, however, it is absurd (trust your common sense, no monkey ever has produced humankind).

FUTURE:
The study of nature will be conducted in the Natural department of Theology -- it has not the atheism, but the theism as the ground-making method.

Yet another mish-mash of ridiculous unsubstantiated claims that demonstrate a serious lack of comprehension of what the scientific method is. You'd think he'd get tired on it after a while. I know I sure am.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What a strange set of associations! Science has nothing to do with theology. And what do either have to do with the old Soviet Union? College courses have gotten very bizarre since I went to school.

Where did you go to school?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I went to two very good art schools. But even art schools didn't have weird courses like that!

Which art schools, and where. Arts schools are many diverse the world over. How does this relate to the USSR and atheism?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Can a consistent human be naturalist and deist? No, because in deism the God has acted even if only at the beginning: no naturalistic explanation of the Big Bang then possible.

Nonsense.
Not having an explanation for the singularity is not at all the same as God did it by magic.

Quite the opposite, recognizing that the singular remains unexplained is the foundation of further research. Attributing it to magic, that only the ancients understand, is the lack of a foundation.

The shifting sands of human fiction and Faith Based beliefs won't help anybody understand anything with objective reality.
Tom

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Can a consistent human be naturalist and deist? No, because in deism the God has acted even if only at the beginning: no naturalistic explanation of the Big Bang then possible.

The assertion without a 'supposed current explanation' for the origin for our universe is the same for Deism as it is for Theism, and that God Created everything. An explanation is not necessary for any philosophical/theological explanation including atheism, because all these beliefs are based on a philosophical assertion not 'objective evidence.' The existence nor non-existence of God(s) cannot be falsified by scientific methods.

Again, 'naturalist' can refer to many different philosophical/theological beliefs. Everybody can be called a naturalist.

gnostic

The Lost One
Atheism have nothing to do with science or with politics.

Atheism only deal with the question of the existence of god or gods, and nothing else. And atheists’ positions are either they lack in belief deities or they don’t believe in deities.

Either way, atheism have nothing to do with science or with politics.

Second, what do care about the former Soviet Union?

Do you live there?

I don’t. I lived in Australia most of my life.

I have no interest in Soviet propaganda, and I have even less interest in listening to propaganda of the moronic Kent Hovind.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Consequence:

FUTURE:

The whole point of methodological naturalism is that it doesn't require belief in philosophical naturalism. It simply acknowledges the limits of science, and proposes that scientific experiments must focus on the measurable and quantifiable.
It's quite possible to be a deist or a theist, and follow the principles of methodological naturalism.

Bear Wild

Whack an athirst Wednesday? Really? In case you did not know Wednesday is Woden's day and Woden should whack you for posting this meaningless video. The presenter has no understanding of what he is talking about and yet talks like an authority. He is so afraid of science that he has to make fun of what he does not understand. You must have posted this as a joke for comic relief.

questfortruth

Naturalism is a philosophical category. Therefore, there is only philosophical naturalism possible.
The wording "methodological naturalism" can be rephrased as "naturalism is taken as the method to conduct science." Thus, is true: atheism is the ground-making method of science. Why? Naturalism is consistent with atheism only.

Yes and consistent with Theism.

The existence nor non-existence of God(s) cannot be falsified by scientific methods.

But by non-scientific can be proven. It is within Natural Theology.

Atheism have nothing to do with science or with politics.

Atheism only deal with the question of the existence of god or gods, and nothing else. And atheists’ positions are either they lack in belief deities or they don’t believe in deities.

He is so afraid of science that he has to make fun of what he does not understand. You must have posted this as a joke for comic relief.

I have shown the stuff the Dr. Kent Hovind is producing today. Why he is not banned yet in YouTube? Might the YouTube authorities be Fundamental Christians?

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

This is simply not true. I can't say it any more clearly.
Naturalism is a philosophical category amongst other things. In drama, for example, there is a concept of naturalism. It has zero to do with philosophy.

Methodological naturalism is simply stating that whilst conducting science, it should be done assuming naturalism. It makes NO claim about whether God exists, only about what science can measure, quantify and treat as repeatable.
A devout Christian who sees God as omnipotent, but conducts science is practicing methodological naturalism. It has less meaning to many atheists (not all), since they are effectively already working from that premise across their life. Indeed, some atheists argue (ridiculously to my mind) that methodological naturalism is apologetics for theists.

questfortruth

Methodological naturalism is simply stating that whilst conducting science, it should be done assuming naturalism.
I have faced zero love among scientists. In fact, I was dismissed from science in 2011 AD because I told them about my faith. Why? Because having atheism as a method, they are free from the 10 Commandments as well. The Commandment to love is not the command in the scientific community. Thus, it is a fact: there are no 10 Commandments in Science. To fix such problems, I am talking about making the theism as the method of nature research. I am calling it Natural Theology.
Science is forming all our civilization. Having to do with godless-ness the civilization has holes in the bottom, through which the love is running out:

I need God of Gaps to close the gaps in the bottom. The "God of the Gaps" is one of God's holy names.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It's not a belief in God that's the issue. It's the merging of that belief with scientific method. It's not workable, since we don't know the nature of God, and can't measure Him.

It's effectively adding a completely unknown and variable outside agent to every experiment.