• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific American Backs a Presidential Candidate

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"We all live in a Biden submarine....a Biden submarine...a Biden submarine...!"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do not know of a president that was ever very scientifically, medically or technologically savvy. In recent history it depends on how willing the presidents are willing to consult with and differ to scientists and medical authorities concerning matters of scientific and medical importance. For example Reagan refused to consult with scientists and medical authorities and ignored their advice concerning AIDS. In the last pandemic Obama consulted with and followed the recommendations from scientists and medical authorities. Biden states he will consult with and follow the appropriate authorities. Trump on the other hand, which please the fundamentalist Christians to no end, has ridiculed, rejected science, and appointed Fundamentalist Christians to most of cabinet positions in his government including selecting Pence as Vice President.
It's a common problem that Presidents
prefer law school to engineering school.
And voters prefer sky fairy worshipers
to atheists.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a common problem that Presidents
prefer law school to engineering school.
And voters prefer sky fairy worshipers
to atheists.

That kinda holds true even over here, despite our much lower levels of religiosity. We have had one atheist PM, but mostly not speaking about religion, with occasional references to God seems the playbook.
Our more religious PMs (and we've had a few recently) hold to this as well, although they'll commonly make more definitive statements about God when playing to certain audiences (refer Scott Morrison at Hillsong).

Its called buying the endorsement.

Wonder how much they paid executive staff editors and managers over there to run it?
“Buying the endorsement”. Project much? This is Donald Trump’s forte, see one example below.

upload_2020-9-16_21-29-35.jpeg

I dont get baited into stuff like that. Even from Trump shilling stuff like this out.
That’s good that his shilling doesn’t cause you to buy his products.

But you do seem to ignore it, and project it onto others like Biden, without any evidence. Why do you do that?

What a choice, eh.
One opposes it.
The other doesn't know it.
Please provide evidence / specific examples of what you mean by saying Biden doesn’t “know” science.

I’m sure most presidents don’t know how a nuclear submarine works. They don’t have to. They just have to know enough not to make moronic judgments and to be aware that there are experts who know more than they do.

Trump cannot do that. Many examples have been provided on this thread.

So please provide examples to support your pseudo-intellectual false equivalence that Biden is ignorant of science in any way comparable to Trump.

I’m listening. Maybe there are examples I wasn’t aware of - this is not a rhetorical question, just a question.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Please provide evidence / specific examples of what you mean by saying Biden doesn’t “know” science.

I’m sure most presidents don’t know how a nuclear submarine works. They don’t have to. They just have to know enough not to make moronic judgments and to be aware that there are experts who know more than they do.

Trump cannot do that. Many examples have been provided on this thread.

So please provide examples to support your pseudo-intellectual false equivalence that Biden is ignorant of science in any way comparable to Trump.

I’m listening. Maybe there are examples I wasn’t aware of - this is not a rhetorical question, just a question.
Dang, touched a nerve, did I?

Does that make you incandescent?
At least iridescent is a quality of light.
Trump would not have even been in the same ballpark.
Biden said “iridescent” instead of “incandescent” light bulb.

Trump flat out refuses to accept the observed path of a hurricane or the danger of a virus that has killed more Americans than every war since Korea, combined.

See? They are BOTH anti science. Being objective and nonpartisan means putting a blindfold on, like Lady Justice, before you weigh two candidates on your scales ... and KEEPING that blindfold on after the measurement, so you can’t discern any meaningful results, either.