• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific American Backs a Presidential Candidate

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That and the concentration camps.

... and now secret police snatching people off the street and credible allegations of eugenics.

At this point, voting for Joe "competent but disappointing" Biden is a moral imperative.

I will be honest I never voted for Biden nor supported him because of his age and history, shaky making pragmatism the choice. I sincerely wished we had a better candidate.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Big deal.

Even if he does, whats Trump going to do?

Replace all scientific institutions with hotel complexes and churches?

Actually hotels, golf courses, and island resorts are Trump's thing. He is indifferent to churches and embraces Evangelical Christianity and Qanon, because as he says 'they like me,' but now they do not necessarily like Trump they use him for their own agenda.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I will be honest I never voted for Biden nor supported him because of his age and history, shaky making pragmatism the choice. I sincerely wished we had a better candidate.
The perfect is the enemy of the generally-adequate-but-thankfully-not-fascist.

ecco

Veteran Member
What a coincidence Richard Bertrand Spencer the American neo-Nazi also endorsed Joe Biden.
Neo Nazi Richard Spencer Disavows Trump, Pledges Allegiance to Biden

Oh my goodness!?! Will it never stop?!? First, it's the Commies who endorse Biden and now it's the Nazis.

What next?

Will the Satanists support Biden?
Will the people running the child sex ring from the basement of a pizza parlor support Biden?
Maybe it will be the Catholics? That would surely anger the Trump-supporting Evangelicals.

It's really sad. All these groups supporting Biden are really doing nothing.

At least Trump's main supporter, Putin, is actively working to keep his chosen one in office.

ecco

Veteran Member
Its bias all right. Otherwise it would continue on unabated as always with no concerns by just sticking with scientific subjects and not bothered by such distraction and nonsense.
Gee. The scientific community is biased against an anti-science president. What are they thinking?

ecco

Veteran Member
What a choice, eh.
One opposes it.
The other doesn't know it.
Actually, it's an easy choice for any rational person.
Someone who opposes something, because he thinks he knows everything, will always oppose it because he wants to oppose it.
Someone who doesn't know about something, can learn it because he wants to know it.

Having said that, on what do you base your assertion that Biden "doesn't know it"?

ecco

Veteran Member
I wonder if we could get separation of science and state implementated?
No need to wonder. You have had it since at least January 20, 2017.

One could also say that there has been separation of the Republican party and science for many years. The following analysis is from 2016 but the same issues have shown a division between science and the Republicans for any years:

(Partial list)
We Fact-Checked the Science Behind the Republican Party Platform | Live Science
Fetal pain
A
bortion
Embryonic stem cell research
Endangered Species Act
Climate change

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Uh, actually they do.

You see by getting more people to believe in Christmas, they hope people will forget about Thanksgiving, and fewer of their species will get butchered and eaten.

Trust Americans to be different to the rest of the world.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Technological illiteracy.
So I find them both poor choices regarding science.

I do not know of a president that was ever very scientifically, medically or technologically savvy. In recent history it depends on how willing the presidents are willing to consult with and differ to scientists and medical authorities concerning matters of scientific and medical importance. For example Reagan refused to consult with scientists and medical authorities and ignored their advice concerning AIDS. In the last pandemic Obama consulted with and followed the recommendations from scientists and medical authorities. Biden states he will consult with and follow the appropriate authorities. Trump on the other hand, which please the fundamentalist Christians to no end, has ridiculed, rejected science, and appointed Fundamentalist Christians to most of cabinet positions in his government including selecting Pence as Vice President.