• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science ran into Q-problem

questfortruth

Q is a fictional character as well as the name of a race in Star Trek appearing in the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager series, as well as in related media. The most familiar Q is portrayed by John de Lancie. He is an extra-dimensional being of unknown origin who possesses immeasurable power over time, space, the laws of physics, and reality itself, being capable of altering it to his whim. Despite his vast knowledge and experience spanning untold eons (and much to the exasperation of the object(s) of his obsession), he is not above practical jokes for his own personal amusement, for a Machiavellian and manipulative purpose, or to prove a point. He is said to be almost omnipotent, and he is continually evasive regarding his true motivations.

Proof, that devil or "alien" Q is not fictional at all, is his corruption of the experiments. The corruption is reported with confidence level over 5 sigma! Look up:

Scientists have produced the firmest evidence yet of so-called sterile neutrinos, mysterious particles that pass through matter without interacting with it at all. The first hints these elusive particles turned up decades ago. But after years of dedicated searches, scientists have been unable to find any other evidence for them, with many experiments contradicting those old results. These new results now leave scientists with two robust experiments that seem to demonstrate the existence of sterile neutrinos, even as other experiments continue to suggest sterile neutrinos don't exist at all. That means there's something strange happening in the universe that is making humanity's most cutting-edge physics experiments contradict one another. [The 18 Biggest Unsolved Mysteries in Physics]
A Major Physics Experiment Just Detected A Particle That Shouldn't Exist | Live Science

I suggest then, that Science ran into Q-problem! What do you think?

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting article. It seems to be in the same corner as the dark matter question.

There are always puzzles at the edge of knowledge, not least in science. Solving them ─ getting to understand what's actually going on ─ is one of the ways our knowledge about the universe advances.

It'll be a sad day for all of us, or at least those of us who have questing in our hearts, when there are no more puzzles. Besides, even if there were no more puzzles, how would we know?

atanu

Premium Member
Interesting article. It seems to be in the same corner as the dark matter question.

There are always puzzles at the edge of knowledge, not least in science. Solving them ─ getting to understand what's actually going on ─ is one of the ways our knowledge about the universe advances.

It'll be a sad day for all of us, or at least those of us who have questing in our hearts, when there are no more puzzles. Besides, even if there were no more puzzles, how would we know?

Hello Bleu

You know what I say. It'll be a sad day for all of us, or at least those of us who have questing in our hearts, to proclaim that there are no more puzzles regarding oneself. That the objects and processes that are objectively defined by the subject, in turn, define the subject itself.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, I may have puzzles about energy / space / time / existence / non-existence, but I have no puzzles about myself (though I am trying to understand your second sentence).

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello Bleu

You know what I say. It'll be a sad day for all of us, or at least those of us who have questing in our hearts, to proclaim that there are no more puzzles regarding oneself. That the objects and processes that are objectively defined by the subject, in turn, define the subject itself....
Greetings, old friend!

Yes, Γνώθι Σεαυτόν. know yourself, as the Greeks used to say, and likely still do. Though I confess I find my grandkids more interesting than me these days.

questfortruth

Is the alien Q a plausible cause of the problem?

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the alien Q a plausible cause of the problem?
As a matter of impression, more attractive than plausible, I'd say. Still, de Lancie's neurotic Q as the final arbiter of reality vs Patrick Stewart's 'man's unconquerable soul' Picard is always an interesting fight.