• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science ... NOT God ...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is where we deviate.

The Genesis account clearly records that Man was formed from the dust.

I have yet to see anything to rules that out.
This would be another example of you saying that God is deceitful, even though you do not realize it. The DNA evidence alone is enough to see that we are related to other apes. And not just in the DNA that works that we share. We also have the same broken genes broken in the same way. Not only that, but there are also fossilized skeletons that vary from what every creationist calls a man to what every creationist calls an ape. You are saying that God planted that false evidence as well.

Education is a terrible thing for creationists since it either means that they are wrong or that their God lied. It is not wise for a man to tell his God how he had to make the Earth and the life on it.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
This would be another example of you saying that God is deceitful, even though you do not realize it. The DNA evidence alone is enough to see that we are related to other apes. And not just in the DNA that works that we share. We also have the same broken genes broken in the same way. Not only that, but there are also fossilized skeletons that vary from what every creationist calls a man to what every creationist calls an ape. You are saying that God planted that false evidence as well.

Education is a terrible thing for creationists since it either means that they are wrong or that their God lied. It is not wise for a man to tell his God how he had to make the Earth and the life on it.

Sadly, yes. The Bible stories are allegories. They were never intended as science or history.. These backward churches are to blame for demanding such ignorance on the part of their congregants.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sadly, yes. The Bible stories are allegories. They were never intended as science or history.. These backward churches are to blame for demanding such ignorance on the part of their congregants.

And partially the cause in the recent upsurge in atheists. That was not the case for me, but I can see how resentment at being lied to could be a factor for many people.

MikeDwight

One thing I have Learned! I have learned that almost All people, All atheists, will think that your Elders are Stupid! Then we have al these Smart People, the Smart People we quote from 300 ad from Roman Africa, on Religion. Look at Jesus, he already knew food goes in your mouth, into your stomach , and leaves, check this.

sooda

Veteran Member
One thing I have Learned! I have learned that almost All people, All atheists, will think that your Elders are Stupid! Then we have al these Smart People, the Smart People we quote from 300 ad from Roman Africa, on Religion. Look at Jesus, he already knew food goes in your mouth, into your stomach , and leaves, check this.

Your elders knew the Bible stories were allegorical.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You need to do some more "learnin'".

MikeDwight

My Elders were working particular ethnicities into Bible stories. Like, OK Abraham, made the nations, Isaac is the Europe man, Ham's cursed to serve his brother, I saw this Confederate junk word for word on the modern day Tomorrow's World website! Its all right there! Its there today! And Ishmael's the crazy mad, war-like red-man out in the middle-east, who's going to cause the end of The World, order a pamphlet.

sooda

Veteran Member
My Elders were working particular ethnicities into Bible stories. Like, OK Abraham, made the nations, Isaac is the Europe man, Ham's cursed to serve his brother, I saw this Confederate junk word for word on the modern day Tomorrow's World website! Its all right there! Its there today! And Ishmael's the crazy mad, war-like red-man out in the middle-east, who's going to cause the end of The World, order a pamphlet.

Sounds like your education is poor.

MikeDwight

sooda you are actually losing this argument so bad I'm tired of looking at it. You're telling me my education is poor about my elders whos education was not scientific who had realy smart minds, in other things... Sothern Biographies said every slavemaster had a backpocket Bible for the page about Ham, said Ham was the African man cursed to serve his brother, which is me being well-educated in something that shouldn't happen and is poorly secularly educated.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Does anyone understand this?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
sooda you are actually losing this argument so bad I'm tired of looking at it. You're telling me my education is poor about my elders whos education was not scientific who had realy smart minds, in other things... Sothern Biographies said every slavemaster had a backpocket Bible for the page about Ham, said Ham was the African man cursed to serve his brother, which is me being well-educated in something that shouldn't happen and is poorly secularly educated.
Ham in the Bible is mythical.

MikeDwight

Well where's all that stop? The Virgin Birth? So said the 1920's. Ya Presbyterians say nobody can be born of a Virgin, you know what technically, I don't believe in Consciences, that can form Universes? Like late, oops, cappuccino, oops made a universe. Technically.

gnostic

The Lost One
Does anyone understand this?
I haven’t a clue

gnostic

The Lost One
First off, Ham had many sons, who supposedly were personification of some tribes of nations, as were the sons of Japheth and of Shem.

Two sons of Ham can be considered to be what you referred to "African" - Mizraim or Egypt and Phut (Libya) - but Canaan is definitely not "African", while Cush is of questionable locations.

Usually, and traditionally, Cush is supposedly the land of Ethiopia, but his grandson Nimrod, was supposedly founder of some Babylonian and Assyrian cities, which are definitely not located in Africa, so some scholars Cush (land) might be located in Iran-Iraq, not in Ethiopia.

Shem descendants, particularly moved to all different locations in the map, but the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were never masters of Egypt or of Babylonia and Assyria. The Egyptians, Babylonians and Assyrians were never slaves to the Israelites, so Genesis prophecy about Ham's descendants being slaves or being African is a phony claim.

In any case, the Flood is a myth, and so are the stories of Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Lastly, the Americans who bought and kept slaves of black Africans, were never descendants of Shem or of Jacob, so this equating American slave-masters with Shem and African slaves with Ham, is false and quite frankly stupid argument.

Because I don’t know where you are coming from, when I have re-read my reply that you have quoted from.

You wrote this:

I actually with your 2nd sentence - “Evidence is not the same as proof”, but I disagree with your assertion in the next sentence that “Proof is stronger then evidence”.

That’s not true.

In science, evidences always take precedence over proofs. If the evidences don’t back up the proofs, then the proofs are wrong, not the evidences.

Evidences always matter more than any mathematical proof (eg equations or formulas).

As to “intellectual honesty” that’s argument you were having with Polymath257, not with me.

Ok, how do you determine if something is TRUE or NOT true?

gnostic

The Lost One
Ok, how do you determine if something is TRUE or NOT true?
Evidences.

Haven’t you been paying attention to what I have been saying?

I am talking about evidences for Natural Science, like physics, chemistry, biology, Earth science and astronomy, NOT evidences for Social Science, like fields in psychology, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, political science, economics, law/legislation, etc.

Natural Science required those evidences to meet the standards of (A) Falsifiability, (B) Scientific Method and (C) Peer Review, while evidences for Social Science don’t have to follow these requirements.

Evidences (for Natural Science) provide level of objectivity and impartiality, meaning they are independent of person’s preferences or desires.

The more evidences you have, the more capable you are to determine which of these falsifiable hypotheses are probable and which are not probable.