• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science IS religion

dad

Undefeated
Evolution isn't about origins so I'm thinking he is referring to the origins of life.

Edit. After reading his reply I may be wrong o_O
THE theory of evolution very much involves 'early' life forms. For example some say the flatworm is the earliest relative of man that shares a common ancestor with us.

dad

Undefeated
I am not at all worried. That you do not understand any of the sciences that you dispute, your latest claim is of a "fishbowl" if I am not mistaken, is rather obvious.

If you actually understood the sciences you would instantly take me up on my offer since you would be able to demonstrate your competence. I am betting that you will do anything but that.
Put some content into posts. Maybe even something on topic people can debate. Droning on and on grows wearisome.

dad

Undefeated
Well at least your statement is convincing you have no understanding of the science of evolutions. So you agree with the fact we are evolving that is a good start. The "does not mean that all life came about from that" makes absolutely no sense. Maybe you could be a little clearer.

Of course if comets or pond sludge or sea vents or....whatever nonsense people feel may be believable that they can dream up is where life started, then evolution deals in origins. Even if you want to ignore the early origin claims about where it started, you are still left with all life evolving from simple lifeforms. That is your religion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course if comets or pond sludge or sea vents or....whatever nonsense people feel may be believable that they can dream up is where life started, then evolution deals in origins. Even if you want to ignore the early origin claims about where it started, you are still left with all life evolving from simple lifeforms. That is your religion.
Nope, that is abiogenesis. Try again.

dad

Undefeated
Nope, that is abiogenesis. Try again.
I think we all know that evos needed to distance themselves from the absurdity and utter impossibility of supporting that earliest part of the theory of evolution. You can start with flatworms then...ha!

dad

Undefeated
Sorry, that is engineering.
The sciences are involved in modern technology actually, including bridges, airplanes etc. But why obfuscate? Some branches of science deal with the realities of this present real physical world and it's laws rather than just theoretical evo pie in the sky.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think we all know that evos needed to distance themselves from the absurdity and utter impossibility of supporting that earliest part of the theory of evolution. You can start with flatworms then...ha!
No, it is not absurd. It is simply a harder problem to answer. Until recently we had a very poor understanding of how life works Until we understand how life works it is all but impossible to explain how it began. This should not be such a hard idea to understand. Meanwhile science does answer the problems it can today. That life is the product of evolution is so obvious that you are calling your God a liar when you say that there was no evolution.

Why do you call God a liar?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The sciences are involved in modern technology actually, including bridges, airplanes etc. But why obfuscate? Some branches of science deal with the realities of this present real physical world and it's laws rather than just theoretical evo pie in the sky.

Yes, science is involved, just as the science of evolution to make vaccines work better, to develop new food sources. I am sure that there are many others, but it is late at night and I am going to bed soon. To deny evolution you need to deny all of the sciences.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Would it be asking too much to address the topic?
Yep. I'm not interested in wasting my time trying to have a good faith discussion with someone with no intention of abiding by even a semblance of the conventions of intellectually honest conversation. Frankly I'm shocked anyone is still bothering. You made your bed, you lie in it.

dad

Undefeated
Yes, science is involved, just as the science of evolution to make vaccines work better, to develop new food sources. I am sure that there are many others, but it is late at night and I am going to bed soon. To deny evolution you need to deny all of the sciences.
Nothing in vaccines has anything to do with sharing an ancestor with a flatworm.

dad

Undefeated
Yep. I'm not interested in wasting my time trying to have a good faith discussion with someone with no intention of abiding by even a semblance of the conventions of intellectually honest conversation. You made your bed, you lie in it.

Ah..one of the defeated from another forum?

dad

Undefeated
No, it is not absurd. It is simply a harder problem to answer. Until recently we had a very poor understanding of how life works Until we understand how life works it is all but impossible to explain how it began. This should not be such a hard idea to understand. Meanwhile science does answer the problems it can today. That life is the product of evolution is so obvious that you are calling your God a liar when you say that there was no evolution.

Why do you call God a liar?
? Of course there was adapting and evolving. What are you talking about??