• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science is a Woman

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Jesus says: I am God.

I am saying: I am a good scientist.

There is no evidence that Jesus even existed as described in the bible. Also, even if he did exist as described there is no first hand evidence of anything he said, just 3rd party writing compiled some 350 years after his death.

From your works that i have read i cannot honesty say they were good scientific documents, more a mixture of scientific ideas, leaps of faith leading to unexplained conclusion to provide an answer that satisfies your faith.

So it seems what you have is bucket loads of faith. Perhaps if you did what other scientists of faith do and separate their work from their religious beliefs you could have the makings of an adequate, or even good scientist. But while you base your work on religious preconception, i think not.

IMO

questfortruth

you could have the makings of an adequate, or even good scientist. But while you base your work on religious preconception, i think not.
We can not change the past.
We can not change the future.

Proof: we can not change the past, because the past is known to us. But, some events in the past are unknown, can we change them? No; hence, the unknown events in the future can not be changed likewise.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Proof: we can not change the past, because the past is known to us. But, some events in the past are unknown, can we change them? No; hence, the unknown events in the future can not be changed likewise.
Does not the future getting changed according to the choice we make in the moment?
You can change your future by your action, speech or thoughts in this very moment. or?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God knows all about my future.
But if we pay attention to the choices in life that arise in front of you, you can yourself make the life you live better, and God will not need to manage your life every second, because you would be able to do it your self.

Or is blind faith in God what is right to do?

questfortruth

You may be saying it, but the people who read your papers are saying otherwise. You really ought to pay attention to that.
If some man has convinced me of having a mistake, then I repent and correcting the mistake.
I can not correct a mistake, just because somebody has lied, that I have a mistake there.

questfortruth

But if we pay attention to the choices in life that arise in front of you, you can yourself make the life you live better, and God will not need to manage your life every second, because you would be able to do it your self.

Or is blind faith in God what is right to do?
God is the Spirit of Knowledge.
God as being Knowledge himself knows the
answer even to such mathematical conjectures, which cannot have logical proofs
[due to the Incompleteness Theorem of Kurt Gödel].

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

You can change the future by making a determined effort.

However if that's your belief then so be it, it will not change from what you expect

questfortruth

You can change the future by making a determined effort.

However if that's your belief then so be it, it will not change from what you expect
No, it is not my religion saying. Because my religion says, that we are masters of our life.
It depends on us where we are going: it is Freewill. However, the world has some logical contradictions, like the electron is a particle and a wave. In this world, we have a destiny, but we have Freewill. We are writing our life, but we can not change the thing we write. Even the future records.

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

Actually I agree with your conclusion. Your 'proof', on the other hand, is as bad as all your other attempts at logic - it's simply invalid. You can't deduce that you can't change all unknown events from the starting point that we can't change some unknown events.

Added: neither can you deduce that we cannot change past unknown events from the starting point that we can't change the past because it is known.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems like Science is of a female character. Scientific journals are as illogical and emotional as dates with a woman are. Females in my family are illogical and emotional most of the time. And it makes them good people. I like not the cold-blooded logic but the love.

Not every good candidate gets accepted. Rich and famous lovers with experience have an advantage. And just like a man desires to get inside a good woman, a submitter wants to be published in a good journal. Stephen Hawking, Einstein, and Perelman are favorites, it is forbidden even to criticize them. But I am - an unloved one, I am not even allowed to be published. Although no one can show me my mistakes: "which of you will convict Me of a mistake?" (Jesus Christ).

If some man has convinced me of having a mistake, then I repent and correcting the mistake.
I can not correct a mistake, just because somebody has lied, that I have a mistake there.

It sounds like someone is a lover scorned by science, eh.

questfortruth

You can't deduce that you can't change all unknown events from the starting point that we can't change some unknown events.
This was just an introduction, just a hint for the subsequent proving.

The proof includes:

Our Universe is a 4-dimensional object. Thus, there is the future and the past. The events in the future and in the past are fixed.

[due to the Incompleteness Theorem of Kurt Gödel].

My religion says, that we are masters of our life.
It depends on us where we are going: it is Freewill. However, the world has some logical contradictions, like the electron is a particle and a wave. In this world, we have a destiny, but we have Freewill. We are writing our life, but we can not change the thing we write. Even the future records.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

See, this is why many think you are not a "good scientist." You can't do logic. The conclusion in red simply does not follow from, and is not connected with, the preceding statements.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
This was just an introduction, just a hint for the subsequent proving.

So why did you label it 'proof:'?

Our Universe is a 4-dimensional object. Thus, there is the future and the past. The events in the future and in the past are fixed.

I agree that this is what our current knowledge suggests but that isn't a proof but you can't prove things like this. It's science, not mathematics or logic.

Just assertions.

My religion says, that we are masters of our life.

Sorry but the electron isn't a contradiction, it's described mathematically. Free will (except for compatibilism) is a nonsense idea.