• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science is a false God

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
"The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil." (Proverbs 8:13) That's why Christ Jesus himself "loved justice and hated evil." (Hebrews 1:9)

The Canaanites were evil and deserved to die for their evil. The same holds true for all who are evil:

"When I say to someone wicked, ‘Wicked one, you will surely die!’ but you do not speak out to warn the wicked one to change his course, he will die as a wicked man because of his own error, but I will ask his blood back from you.

But if you warn someone wicked to turn back from his way and he refuses to change his course, he will die for his error, but you will certainly save your own life.

‘“As surely as I am alive,” declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that someone wicked changes his way and keeps living. Turn back, turn back from your bad ways, for why should you die?" -Ezekiel 33:8, 9, 11

Typical claims that anyone against the ones writing the propaganda are evil and deserve anything that happens to them.

Sorry, that just doens't wash.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Consciousness, memory, planning, dreaming and other aspects of the human experience most certainly do transcend our physical self. After all, what explicit sections of our brain are directly responsible for these extraordinary abilities?

No. None of those transcend the physical. They are all based on physical processes in our brains.

Memory is spread out over the brain but the hippocampus is crucial for it. Consciousness, well, where it is located depends quite strongly on how you define it. But it is typically a function of the brain stem. Planning happens in the frontal cortex, primarily. Dreaming also tends to be distributed across the brain.

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
I know the difference between right and wrong. I treat people how I want to be treated, and follow the laws of my society.

Which is absolutely irrelevant since everything Hitler did, for instance, was completely lawful.

My question still remains: Can you tell the difference between good and evil or not?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Contemporary research shows that individuals with ASD have cognitive processing styles which hamper human spirituality while the Neurotypical have all inherited a variety of biological predispositions for spirituality, hence my query: Disqus - Square Pegs, Round Holes

Your results do help me understand your staunch Atheism, yes. Thank you for sharing them :)

So those with ASD are moral logical and better able to see reality in spite of emotions? is that your point?

Have you taken the test? What did you get?

gnostic

The Lost One
Prove it.
I just gave you a link to English translation of the late 3rd millennium BCE Sumerian poem (from 3rd dynasty of Ur) - the Death of Bilgames, in my previous post. This translation come from website called Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (ETCSL) from Oxford University.

Personally, I preferred the translation of Andrew George, which included translation of 5 Sumerian poems that survived, relating to the later epic versions of Gilgamesh.

There are 5 extant Sumerian poems of Bilgames, that were written during the 3rd dynasty of Ur, which predated all Semitic versions of the Epic of Gilgamesh (Akkadian, Babylonian and Assyrian), starting with Old Babylonian epic of early 2nd millennium BCE.

Sumerian was both a spoken language and written language, and as a written language (Sumer cuneiform) it evolved from the inscriptions discovered in Uruk IV period (c 3350 - c 3100 BCE), proto-Sumerian cuneiform.

Sumerian proper, which you would probably know as Sumerian civilization, started in around 3100 BCE, which coincided with the start of Bronze Age, known as the Jemdet Nasr period (c 3100 - 2900 BCE).

You would also probably know Uruk as "Erech" from Genesis 10, supposedly one of the cities founded and built by Nimrod. Nimrod btw is a fictional character, because none of the known cities were built at the same time. Uruk for instance, the oldest layer of city, was built in 5000 BCE, while Nineveh was built around mid-4th millennium BCE (c 3600-3400 BCE). These dates proved that Genesis 10 is wrong about Nimrod being the founders, and some cities like Calah the oldest date is the late 2nd millennium BCE (around 1200 BCE). You could only prove Nimrod in Genesis 10 as true, if Nimrod lived for 4000 years.

Anyway Sumerian as a spoken language was only used in the 3rd millennium BCE, eclipsed by Akkadian (which is Semitic language) c 2350 - 2150 BCE. Sumerian ceased to be popular when the 3rd dynasty of Ur ended around 2004 BCE.

The 3rd dynasty of Ur was the Sumerian Renaissance that last no more than a century, from c 2112 - c 2004 BCE, was the final stage of the Sumerian spoken language.

The written Sumerian or Sumerian cuneiform survived to 1st century BCE because Akkadian had adapted Sumerian cuneiform, as did Old Babylonian and Old Assyrian, which were offshoot of Akkadian language.

Anyway, the poems of Gilgamesh (Bilgames in Sumerian) was written during the 3rd dynasty of Ur. It predated the Hebrew scriptures (Tanakh) by over 1400 years, the gospels over 2000 years and the Qur'an by 2700 years.

Why do you think I am giving you a history lesson?

I did so, that you will understand the historical contexts between the Sumerian poem and the Bible.

So to sum it up -
  1. the spoken Sumerian language dated from c 3100 to c 2000 BCE;
  2. Akkadian dynasty and the Akkadian language appeared from around 2350 BCE, founded by Sargon I (or Sargon of Akkad or Sargon the Great, reign c 2334 - 2284 BCE), builder of the first true empire; Akkadian became lingua franca language in Sumer.
  3. The Sumerian poem (Death of Bilgames) was written at some time in the 3rd dynasty of Ur, a dynasty that dated between c 2112 - c 2004 BCE, where revival of Sumerian as spoken language in Ur and surrounding region.
  4. Sumerian ceased to be spoken language between 2000 and 1900, giving way to Akkadian dialect from 1900 BCE, known as Old Babylonian. During the Old Babylonian period, the Epic of Gilgamesh first appeared in this language, as well as the Epic of Atrahasis. Atrahasis is the same character as the Sumerian Ziusudra and Utnapishtim (name given in Middle Babylonian and Neo-Babylonian epic), the Flood hero.
So how does Sumerian poem compared to the oldest evidence of the Bible?

The oldest evidence of writing from the bible, is fragments of scroll discovered discovered in a cave that served as a tomb at Ketef Hinnom. Archaeologists called it the Silver Scrolls, because that the material was used to write on.

This scroll only contain a small readable passage from Numbers 6, relating to the Priestly Blessings. Both the cave and scrolls (as well as other artefacts found in this cave), have been dated to between c 650 and 587 BCE, so the scroll could be as early as King Josiah of Judah (640 - 609 BCE) and the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonian army in 587 BCE (or 586 BCE).

To date, there are no older writing (relating to the Old Testament) than Ketef Hinnom's Silver Scrolls. There are no writings in Neolithic and Bronze Age relating to Genesis and Exodus.

I've already given you my proof, by quoting the relevant passage relating to hand-washing, and given you a link that you looked up and read the Death of Bilgames from ETCSL website or you can buy Andrew George's Epic of Gilgamesh: A New Translation (Penguin Classics, 1996).

In matter of written evidences, the Sumerian poem is older than anything written by any Jew or Christian.

Can you provide older evidences that Genesis or Exodus exist earlier than Sumerian literature?​

This last question is rhetoric, because I already know that are no older evidence than the Silver Scrolls from Ketef Hinnom.

Last edited:

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
So those with ASD are moral logical and better able to see reality in spite of emotions? is that your point?

Have you taken the test? What did you get?

What the research shows is that those with ASD are not neurotypical which explains their lack of compassion and spirituality, both of which are innately human.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
What the research shows is that those with ASD are not neurotypical which explains their lack of compassion and spirituality, both of which are innately human.
So people with ASD are not human and you also think God is evil. You have a strange position.