• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science is a false God

Timothy Spurlin

Then help me out. Prove God does not nor cannot exist.

I'll wait . . .

When I was a Christian prayed to God to reveal itself. God remained hidden.

I read the Bible cover to cover, that made me stop being a Christian.

Every theist I have ask for objective evidence for God's existence, has failed to provide objective evidence. All they have is subjective evidence from their mind.

I have ask you for objective evidence, and you have failed to provide it.

ecco

Veteran Member

It's not baseball. You don't get three strikes. You posted the link I went to...

Now you want to send me on another goose chase to another different site. Duh!

Your hit piece failed spectacularly but it was a good attempt, I guess. I give you an "E" for effort!
This particular "hit piece" was just one little quickie that showed how "disingenuous" you are.

And it's nice to finally see who you really are :)
And who are you? Let's follow the links:
Disqus Profile - Maxximiliann
Energetic proclaimer of God's Kingdom as the best answer to every one of humanity's pains.
You are very popular:
Followers 31

Timothy Spurlin

"The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil." (Proverbs 8:13) That's why Christ Jesus himself "loved justice and hated evil." (Hebrews 1:9)

The Canaanites were evil and deserved to die for their evil. The same holds true for all who are evil:

"When I say to someone wicked, ‘Wicked one, you will surely die!’ but you do not speak out to warn the wicked one to change his course, he will die as a wicked man because of his own error, but I will ask his blood back from you.

But if you warn someone wicked to turn back from his way and he refuses to change his course, he will die for his error, but you will certainly save your own life.

‘“As surely as I am alive,” declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that someone wicked changes his way and keeps living. Turn back, turn back from your bad ways, for why should you die?" -Ezekiel 33:8, 9, 11

Outside of the Bible saying the Canaanites were evil, prove it.

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
The book of Daniel was written in 165 BC.. Daniel was NEVER IN Babylon.

You really think that by just repeating yourself over and over and over again it'll actually become true? You know that's not how rational thought works . . right?

Maximilian

Were the incorrect prophecies taught directly from the Bible?

I don't usually post from CARM but you should know it is not only atheists who disagree with you.

Jehovah's Witnesses and their many false prophecies | CARM.org
If they are the only true church and are the only true voice of God's word, then what they say should prove to be true and especially in prophecy. When it comes to predicting the future, the Watchtower organization fails miserably. Following are some of the false predictions made over the years by the Watchtower organization. If you present these to a JW, he will probably say something like, "Those are taken out of context," or "They didn't claim to be the prophet of God," or "The light is getting brighter, and we are understanding Bible prophecy better now," etc. Make a copy of these false prophecies, found in the appendix, and give it to them to check. They are right out of the Witnesses' literature.

Your argumentum ad assertio is irrational.

Aut disce aut discede.

Timothy Spurlin

Again, I claimed neither of those. I said a false god. And even that of course is not from me. It is an idea which I in its fundamentality can perhaps approve of.

What is a false god?
Is the god you worship false?
Other religions may consider your god is false.

sooda

Veteran Member
Outside of the Bible saying the Canaanites were evil, prove it.

The Hebrews were very poor.. and they had a lot of envy towards the Canaanites and the Babylonians. Jerusalem was especially poor. The Decapolis cities, Scythiopolis, Pella and around Galilee were more prosperous and more cosmopolitan. They also spoke Greek and Aramaic.

Maximilian

When I was a Christian prayed to God to reveal itself. God remained hidden.

I read the Bible cover to cover, that made me stop being a Christian.

Every theist I have ask for objective evidence for God's existence, has failed to provide objective evidence. All they have is subjective evidence from their mind.

I have ask you for objective evidence, and you have failed to provide it.

So prove God does not nor cannot exist. You can prove it, right?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No. The premise that the universe began to exist is not a religious declaration nor a theological one. You can find that statement in any contemporary textbook on astrophysics or cosmology. And it is supported by the vast majority of cosmologists today.

So I'm simply saying that the best scientific evidence we have today supports the truth of that premise. And from that, the rest of the irrefutable argument for God's necessary existence follows. So in no way is this an appeal to ignorance, to try to punt to God to explain what we don't understand. It is a natural conclusion from the logical validity of the preceding premisses. In other words, it's simple, mundane logic.

Except that the evidence *also* says that causality, time, and space are also co-existent with matter. In other words, there was no 'before the universe' and your argument for a deity fails.