• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and religion

Rational Agnostic

They taught the various theories on the variation of species in University back then as well as taxonomy, classes Darwin didn't take. However, I agree that Darwin worked tirelessly throughout his life to expand his knowledge and it is not likely the OP will ever put in that much effort. My point is though, that a degree does not make one a scientist, effort does.

Also, Darwin's studies extended far beyond his voyage.

True, effort and ability make a scientist. But in this day and age, it would be rare to find a scientist that makes any significant discoveries without being at least college-educated in his/her field. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's unlikely.

james blunt

True, effort and ability make a scientist. But in this day and age, it would be rare to find a scientist that makes any significant discoveries without being at least college-educated in his/her field. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's unlikely.

I guess that makes me rare ...........

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
I guess that makes me rare ...........

How's your algebra? Can you factor quadratics?

Even Darwin studied basic mathematics, despite the fact he hated it. He also studied barnacles for an 8 year stretch, something he also despised. You have to do the hard work to be a scientist, even the stuff you don't like.

james blunt

How did you go about making all these "discoveries?"

I originally spent lots of forum time questioning science about science and some of the answers I received did not make logical sense , it wasn't I didn't understand the answer , it was a fact I could see falsities that were just not true and I could show them to be false notions and incorrect theory .
I thought deep about these errors and corrected those errors by using logic and rational thought to aim for axiom answers , searching for missing pieces .
I've had lots of eureka moments put it that way !

james blunt

How's your algebra? Can you factor quadratics?

Even Darwin studied basic mathematics, despite the fact he hated it. He also studied barnacles for an 8 year stretch, something he also despised. You have to do the hard work to be a scientist, even the stuff you don't like.

Hows my Algebra ? pretty awful

Hows my conceptual thinking on any physical process ?

Awesome !

Algebra and maths didn't create the universe , physical process did !

(A+B) + A + B = 2a + 2b

Algebra?

Rational Agnostic

I originally spent lots of forum time questioning science about science and some of the answers I received did not make logical sense , it wasn't I didn't understand the answer , it was a fact I could see falsities that were just not true and I could show them to be false notions and incorrect theory .
I thought deep about these errors and corrected those errors by using logic and rational thought to aim for axiom answers , searching for missing pieces .
I've had lots of eureka moments put it that way !

So, "forum time" is how you made these discoveries?:laughing:

Rational Agnostic

Hows my Algebra ? pretty awful

Hows my conceptual thinking on any physical process ?

Awesome !

Algebra and maths didn't create the universe , physical process did !

(A+B) + A + B = 2a + 2b

Algebra?

If you don't even know what a quadratic equation is, there is no way that you're a scientist. Also, if you're bad at algebra, chances are you are not good at the thinking that is necessary to be a scientist. No disrespect meant toward people who aren't good at math, but in general, if someone is not good at math, it's a good indication they are not good at logic, or the basic methods of science either.

james blunt

So, "forum time" is how you made these discoveries?:laughing:

Also I did a few basic experiments that helped me ''see'' a few things !

To be honest ! does it really matter how I got there as long as I did ?

My aim is to try and help the world after all and hopefully some of design ideas I have spread about here and there , will help the world .

I do have a perpetual motion and energy machine design but I have not yet worked out how to get extra ''juice'' out of it !

james blunt

If you don't even know what a quadratic equation is, there is no way that you're a scientist. Also, if you're bad at algebra, chances are you are not good at the thinking that is necessary to be a scientist. No disrespect meant toward people who aren't good at math, but in general, if someone is not good at math, it's a good indication they are not good at logic, or the basic methods of science either.
That's talking rubbish , science is not just about maths , we do have practical science such as fundamental experimentation and other things. Science is a way of thinking in general , I am a scientist , I have enough knowledge to design and test , even engineer to a degree .

youknowme

That's talking rubbish , science is not just about maths , we do have practical science such as fundamental experimentation and other things. Science is a way of thinking in general , I am a scientist , I have enough knowledge to design and test , even engineer to a degree .

If you are serious about learning science, you should learn some basic mathematics. At the very least up to and including calculus.

james blunt

If you are serious about learning science, you should learn some basic mathematics. At the very least up to and including calculus.

Why on Earth would I ever have a use for calculus ?

Do I need calculus to design tech ?

Do I need calculus to have a Universal Model of my own ?

Do I need calculus to show errors in present theory ?

I know the basic maths I need to know for my science .

Do you have an atomic model of your own ?

It works both ways , I know things you don't !

You do the math , I'll do the designs and theory ?

youknowme

1.60217662e-19 / ∞ = ?

Can you work that out ?

1.6021766208(98)×10−19 / ∞ = ?

The above also

1.60217662e-19 + 1.6021766208(98)×10−19 = ?

Finally the above

You get zero when you divide by infinity. Think about what happens when you divide a number by a bigger number. You get a smaller number, so as you increase the divisor towards infinity your quotient will move towards zero.

For your other one:

LMGTFY

james blunt

You get zero when you divide by infinity. Think about what happens when you divide a number by a bigger number. You get a smaller number, so as you increase the divisor towards infinity your quotient will move towards zero.

For your other one:

LMGTFY

0 is the correct answer

A / k = 0

B / k = 0

so you don't know the answer to the final one ? That should also be 0 .