• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and atheism inconsistent?

ecco

Veteran Member
Duh . . . interesting village idiot response with a severely limited one word vocabulary . . . your problem deal with it.
You used 162 words, I responded with an appropriate one word.
Of course, I could have replied with yadda, yadda, yadda, but you got the point.

*** mod edit***

Last edited by a moderator:

Truly Enlightened

You and @ecco's only purpose here is to represent your cult, by rote parroting cultist soundbites, and to proselytize you and @ecco cultist fundamentalism. If you and @ecco are not going to ever admit guilt to even things that are blatantly wrong, I am just wasting my time. Your and @ecco's rhetoric is dishonestly designed for only one purpose, to just go the distance until I simply give up. And then claim victory, and how not respected you and @ecco are. Once you and @ecco have no rational responses left, you and @ecco will either keep denying what is clearly true, or just keep repeating more cultists soundbites, or the exact words of you and @ecco over and over. There is no free exchange of ideas, there is only the protecting of ones belief at all costs. Rational ideas are usually self-evident, and do not need to be justified. Yet they always seem to be the only topic that is being questioned.

I rest my case.

gnostic

The Lost One
I don’t see how atheism is linked to science any more than theism, deism, pantheism, dharmic religions, mysticism, Wicca, spiritualism, etc, have to do with science.

None of the -ism of religions, philosophies or worldview are scientific, none of them can be tested through the scientific method.

As I said before, atheism only questions the validity of the existence of a deity or deities, and nothing else. And it doesn’t require science for any atheist to say “I don’t believe in god”.

Atheism have nothing to do with science, with morality or with politics.

For anyone to confuse science and atheism, only demonstrated that person’s bias and ignorance of what is science and what is atheism.

ecco

Veteran Member
*** mod edit ***

The bottom line is that Bahai is a very tiny religion that started as an offshoot of Islam. It is unique in the sense that it tries to make the case that many "prominent" religious leaders/entities of the past are just all different Messengers of the one and the same god. That's ludicrous considering that Moses, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, and Mohammed all had very different messages about the nature and teachings of God. Even this village idiot can readily see that.

To justify their beliefs, followers point to the fulfilled prophecies of the most recent Messenger, Bahá'u'lláh. However, as with other religions, the "prophecies" are so vague as to be meaningless. Followers also point with great pride to the influence Bahá'u'lláh had over world leader of the times. In evidence for this, followers show detailed conversations between world leaders and Bahá'u'lláh. Again, as with similar claims from other religions, it is clear that these stories cannot be based in fact, but are just stories made up by followers to boost the credibility of the leader.

The actual writings attributed to Bahá'u'lláh, are a jumbled mass of mostly incomprehensible text that followers, at least posters in this forum, have great difficulty deciphering.

There is more this village idiot could say, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don’t see how atheism is linked to science any more than theism, deism, pantheism, dharmic religions, mysticism, Wicca, spiritualism, etc, have to do with science.

None of the -ism of religions, philosophies or worldview are scientific, none of them can be tested through the scientific method.

As I said before, atheism only questions the validity of the existence of a deity or deities, and nothing else. And it doesn’t require science for any atheist to say “I don’t believe in god”.

Atheism have nothing to do with science, with morality or with politics.

For anyone to confuse science and atheism, only demonstrated that person’s bias and ignorance of what is science and what is atheism.

I do not believe the question was whether atheism could be confused with science. The question was whether atheism is consistent with science. The answer is; yes, atheism is consistent with science.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, obviously I didn't overlook it. I responded to it, didn't I?

The bottom line is that Bahai is a very tiny religion that started as an offshoot of Islam. It is unique in the sense that it tries to make the case that many "prominent" religious leaders/entities of the past are just all different Messengers of the one and the same god. That's ludicrous considering that Moses, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, and Mohammed all had very different messages about the nature and teachings of God. Even this village idiot can readily see that.

To justify their beliefs, followers point to the fulfilled prophecies of the most recent Messenger, Bahá'u'lláh. However, as with other religions, the "prophecies" are so vague as to be meaningless. Followers also point with great pride to the influence Bahá'u'lláh had over world leader of the times. In evidence for this, followers show detailed conversations between world leaders and Bahá'u'lláh. Again, as with similar claims from other religions, it is clear that these stories cannot be based in fact, but are just stories made up by followers to boost the credibility of the leader.

The actual writings attributed to Bahá'u'lláh, are a jumbled mass of mostly incomprehensible text that followers, at least posters in this forum, have great difficulty deciphering.

There is more this village idiot could say, but I'll leave it at that for now.

I respect your view (less the aggressive negative rhetoric), but your behavior in this thread has atrocious, along with your sidekick @Truly Enlightened.

Last edited:

charlie sc

I do not believe the question was whether atheism could be confused with science. The question was whether atheism is consistent with science. The answer is; yes, atheism is consistent with science.
Oh jeez, oh man, thank god about that!
It’s a good thing we have these blogs to keep all the scientists on their feet.

ecco

Veteran Member
I respect your view (less the aggressive negative rhetoric), but your behavior in this thread has atrocious, along with your sidekick @Truly Enlightened.

Please show where my behaviour in this thread has been atrocious. You can back up that assertion, can't you?

So, that's what you are reduced to - just repeating baseless assertions? That's pretty sad.

gnostic

The Lost One
But science isn’t a question about existence or nonexistence of god, therefore theism and atheism are both irrelevant to science.

Science is about WHAT we can know and HOW does it work, and with HOW it can be used. And all those questions that must be addressed must be falsifiable and testable.

Neither atheism, nor theism, concerned itself with what is testable through observation and experimentation.

Neither sides can test God, so all of it, is a matter of belief and non-belief - hence all of it, is a matter of opinions.