• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schwarzenegger Vows Gay Marriage Bill Veto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flappycat

Theodore said:
You're going to develop high blood pressure getting all excited like this Flappy.
Life is full of things we don't agree with. As you get older you will find that you can't change the world. You just need to roll with the punches.
You must be studying theater arts in college. You have a bright future in drama if you choose that road.
:clap Good for you! Thank you for showing yourself for what you really are! Bye!

Fluffy

A fool
I cannot marry the woman I love because of the hate and intolerance of a few. That is something I will never get over. I can't expect you to understand, as your right to marry the person you love isn't being trampled on.
Just remember that there are a ton of people who will continue to support and sympathise with your position, at the very least here on RF. Not being in your position, I cant begin to imagine how much this is hurting you and I sorely wish I could help you on this.

Something that comforts me is that I just look at the law as rather meaningless in this area. Marriage may be barred but they can't stop the love you and your partner share for each other and they never will be able to. They have nothing amongst their arsenal of lies, hurtful words or misdirections to take that away from you know matter how much they may want to.

Theodore

Jensa said:
I cannot marry the woman I love because of the hate and intolerance of a few. That is something I will never get over. I can't expect you to understand, as your right to marry the person you love isn't being trampled on.
I know it sounds very dramatic to claim the you are the victim of “hate and intolerance”. I could also claim the same about the way you have treated me and my opinions in this thread. But both claims are exaggerated and disingenuous.

I can see that you and a few others here revel in the roll of the helpless victim. You may be under the illusion that this brings you sympathy and gives you the moral high ground.

In reality it gives people the opportunity to take advantage of you. You make yourself vulnerable to those who will promise to rescue you but will only offer false promises. It also breeds depression and hopelessness. The more you believe yourself a victim, the more you will become one.

Is it really so awful in the grand scheme of things that you can’t marry your girlfriend? Is your life going to be so unbearable that you can’t stand the thought of it?

No. Life will go on just like it did yesterday and the day before. Nothing will change. You will have the same life either way, so why make such a big deal about it?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fluffy said:
Just remember that there are a ton of people who will continue to support and sympathise with your position, at the very least here on RF. Not being in your position, I cant begin to imagine how much this is hurting you and I sorely wish I could help you on this.

Something that comforts me is that I just look at the law as rather meaningless in this area. Marriage may be barred but they can't stop the love you and your partner share for each other and they never will be able to. They have nothing amongst their arsenal of lies, hurtful words or misdirections to take that away from you know matter how much they may want to.
I think that the homophobe has actually done us a favour, Fluffy - he has truly made me understand how much I want to help and support our lovely friends on the forum, and those outside who have to put up with what our friends have to put up with.

This is not just to you, Fluffy, but to all on this forum who do want to help and support our friends; I have a link to human Rights who are asking for support in signing a petition to try and promote gay rights.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Deut. 32.8 said:
A recommendation ...
Theodore has shown himself to be a homophobic bigot resistant to discourse. Engaging him in debate on this topic suggests far more respect than his bigotry warrants. I suggest we simply leave him alone.​
I'm done here ...
I'm with Deut.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Theodore said:
Is it really so awful in the grand scheme of things that you can’t marry your girlfriend? Is your life going to be so unbearable that you can’t stand the thought of it?

No. Life will go on just like it did yesterday and the day before. Nothing will change. You will have the same life either way, so why make such a big deal about it?
I agree, Theodore. In the grand scheme of things, everyone should be more concerned with shopping than with such incidental and trivial things like marrying the woman they love. So long as Jensa has the same right as us heterosexuals to shop until she drops, I frankly don't understand what her problem is with not being able to marry the woman she loves. Sounds to me like she's making a mountain out of a molehill, Theodore. I'm confident she'll get over it just as soon as some credit card company sends her some plastic. I know I would.

Theodore

michel said:
I think that the homophobe has actually done us a favour, Fluffy - he has truly made me understand how much I want to help and support our lovely friends on the forum, and those outside who have to put up with what our friends have to put up with.

This is not just to you, Fluffy, but to all on this forum who do want to help and support our friends; I have a link to human Rights who are asking for support in signing a petition to try and promote gay rights.

Anyone interested, please PM me.
I thought you left??? Oh well, welcome back!

Theodore

Sunstone said:
I agree, Theodore. In the grand scheme of things, everyone should be more concerned with shopping than with such incidental and trivial things like marrying the woman they love. So long as Jensa has the same right as us heterosexuals to shop until she drops, I frankly don't understand what her problem is with not being able to marry the woman she loves. Sounds to me like she's making a mountain out of a molehill, Theodore. I'm confident she'll get over it just as soon as some credit card company sends her some plastic. I know I would.
And cooking too!:D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Theodore said:
I know it sounds very dramatic to claim the you are the victim of “hate and intolerance”. I could also claim the same about the way you have treated me and my opinions in this thread. But both claims are exaggerated and disingenuous.
How have I treated you with hate and intolerance? Quote it to me, and I will apologize for it. It is the last thing I want to do.

I can see that you and a few others here revel in the roll of the helpless victim. You may be under the illusion that this brings you sympathy and gives you the moral high ground.
Helpless? Hardly :D

In reality it gives people the opportunity to take advantage of you. You make yourself vulnerable to those who will promise to rescue you but will only offer false promises. It also breeds depression and hopelessness. The more you believe yourself a victim, the more you will become one.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. People who say they're going to help legalize gay marriage and don't, or somesuch? I can't recall anything like that going on.

Though some crappy things have happened to myself and others because we happen to like someone with the same bits, I hardly consider myself a victim. You can be hurt without being a victim.

It frustrates me, but the marriage itself I can do without it being legal... it's the rights that go along with marriage that I'm afraid to not have. It would break me if she was to be injured and unable to make decisions for herself and I was excluded from the decision process, just because we can't get married.

Again: You don't know what it's like to be denied the right to marry, so I can't expect you to understand. Just know that it hurts and worries me that I may not be able to have the same rights as heterosexual couples for a long time.

Theodore

How have I treated you with hate and intolerance? Quote it to me, and I will apologize for it. It is the last thing I want to do.
The point I was trying to make is that I have been accused of being a hateful homophobe when I’m not. You are not hateful either, but I could take your disagreement and twist it to seem that way. That’s what some people have done here.

I am trying to defend my moral beliefs. I don’t hate people because they don’t believe in the same moral code as I do. I am not trying to ruin anyone’s life. Nevertheless, I won’t back down on what I believe in. And I believe gay marriage is not a good thing for our society. I think it’s a perversion of the sacrament of marriage. It would be morally offensive to me if my state legalized it. I simply cannot support it.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***
Thread is closed, I think everyone needs to back away, this is causing alot of hurt and breeding alot of strong emotions...

Status
Not open for further replies.