• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School sends little girl home without pants.

epronovost

I know it's a pretty strange thing to bug over, but what schools has "school issued underwear"? Uniform at that age are already pretty rare, but uniform underwear? That's space. On another note here are two easy solution the school administration could have used.

1) Provide a replacement pants for the girl in question since they are uniforms
2) Call the parents so that they can fetch their daughter following the incident and avoid the bus ride in underwear.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why did we ban flogging and the stocks.

McCurdy explained, "She has medical issues and when she has to go she has to go.”

I have IBS and had an "accident" once. This "crime" against a child needs some serious response.

epronovost

Do they really have a union? And how would not having a union prevented this incident. The article had nothing about any follow up.

But really you just don't like unions and want to assume it's all their fault.

Is it even the teacher's fault? At that point, it's pretty much the decision of the admin staff to send her home in that state without calling the parent's first.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well for goodness sake, it should be as no-brainer to understand that this kind of "accident" is a major self-esteem issue for a six year old -- and that ought to have triggered an immediate call to parents just to come with fresh clothes, if nothing else at all.

But really, is there anything less common than common sense, these days?

epronovost

I hope the teacher gets disciplined.

Why? It's a **** up of the admin. They are the ones handling communication with the parents in that kind of situation. It might not even be the teacher who is in charge of watching students of supervising school bus departure. It's often sitter services and various aids.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I know it's a pretty strange thing to bug over, but what schools has "school issued underwear"? Uniform at that age are already pretty rare, but uniform underwear? That's space. On another note here are two easy solution the school administration could have used.

1) Provide a replacement pants for the girl in question since they are uniforms
2) Call the parents so that they can fetch their daughter following the incident and avoid the bus ride in underwear.
Number 2 is what the school should have done. They could have picked up the little girl at the nurse's office.