• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School on Saturdays

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What I liked about school is that we used to have school on Saturdays too.
And also at university...we used to have some lessons in the morning. Which was awkward...because most of my friends used to go back home on Friday night.
But it was funny.
In my country most schools are closed on Sunday only. Meaning that usually, classes terminate at 1 pm or sometimes at 1:45 pm. But usually, as for public offices and most workplaces, they are closed on Saturday.

I think it is healthier for the kids. Instead of slaving away all day...they go back home at 1 pm and as a sacrifice, they go to school on Saturday.
What do you guys think?
I prefer a longer day with a longer weekend.

But then again, kids have the entire summer off.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I found school boring, mostly waiting for the slowest kid in class to catch up before we could move onto something else. Being bright was a serious disadvantage since you had longer to wait.

Boredom is punishing. I felt like I was being punished for a crime I didn't commit.

What I have noticed is that in the United States teachers usually use written tests, rather than oral examinations.
Here it is mostly oral exams, at school. Especially in high school.
And teachers are supposed to have at least one grading for each students, every trimester.
So most students delay, so that most students are asked to be examined at the end of the year...in June...when it's pretty hot in Italy. Here...a very explanatory scene...

Btw...the funny thing is that the girl was worried about the poster on the wall..and not about her own classmate fainting because of the heat...