• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School me and tell me your thoughts.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think abortion is one of those non-issues solely designed to distract people and get them all riled up on one side or the other. Legalizing or outlawing abortion does not give the workers higher wages, nor does it produce affordable housing or give greater accessibility to healthcare. Regardless of one's stance on abortion, it doesn't threaten the ruling class in any way, which is why the media artificially emphasize it and contrive it to be one of the most serious and important political issues of our day.

Exactly.

David1967

Premium Member
First of all, When Morgan Freeman is your avatar, I feel you should be schooling me. ;)

Abortion. I think its wrong but who's rights come first, mom's or fetus?

I too think it is wrong. But I do think there are some gray areas such as rape. I do not think it should be used as birth control.

Geological science shows the great flood never happened.
Can you show different?

Nope.

I haven't. I know a guy who claims to have seen a talking spider, but he's a nut.....

Do you have any evidence for God or is it all faith?

Faith

What your biggest problem with evolution?

No problem. It is an 'evolving' science.:cool:

Do you take the bible literally and why?

Some of it I do, some of it I do not. I don't think everything in it is meant to be taken literally. There are lots of parables and metaphors as well as poetry in it.

Does only one God exist? Why or why not?

Sorry. That's above my pay grade.

Did we humans evolve from primitive life or were we created as we are? Evidence for the latter.

I think we are still primitive, and still evolving.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
This is my body, I have the right to live. That's all.
I saw a post where you said that you’re studying the Quran. As you may know, taking words out of context can falsify their meanings. Part of the context of religious scriptures is the stories associated with them. The Bible includes some of those stories, but the Quran does not. To get the context for the Quran, you would need to look outside of it for the stories.

Please see this post: A light in some stories and scriptures obscured by belief systems

Darkforbid

Abortion. I think its wrong but who's rights come first, mom's or fetus?

I'd say it's personal choice but I've seen both destroy lives no pun intended

Geological science shows the great flood never happened.
Can you show different?

Actually geological science shows evidence of a flood at the time of noah
New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened
Obviously you will claim it wasn't a global flood, but it did flood all the lands they knew of so the bible is correct

Talking donkeys and snakes. Have you seen either or is it mythical?

Even minor lights have the ability to affect sound so very possible

Do you have any evidence for God or is it all faith?

Yes obviously I can provide evidence of the so called supernatural, if that makes you a believer is up to you

What your biggest problem with evolution?

Abiogenesis is completely unobserved in nature and has never been re-created in science

Did humans live with dinosaurs? What's your evidence?

No,,, do you actually think most religious people think they did?

Do you take the bible literally and why?

No it's very symbolic which is why atheists struggle with its study

Does only one God exist? Why or why not?

Even if God was a collective the collective would still be called God

Did we humans evolve from primitive life or were we created as we are? Evidence for the latter.

We were selectively bred by a now extinct species of hominid

Last edited:

Darkforbid

WE STILL LIVE WITH DINOSAURS AND I HAVE PROOF!

So do I, and don't believe all that killed by a massive asteroid crap
43cf7153fec799c56a82fea99580a1d1--vintage-funny-quotes-funny-quotes-and-sayings.jpg