1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School me and tell me your thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by We Never Know, May 14, 2019.

1. We Never Know

We Never Know Active Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Religion:
    It exists
    Abortion. I think its wrong but who's rights come first, mom's or fetus?

Geological science shows the great flood never happened.
    Can you show different?

Talking donkeys and snakes. Have you seen either or is it mythical?

Do you have any evidence for God or is it all faith?

What your biggest problem with evolution?

Did humans live with dinosaurs? What's your evidence?

Do you take the bible literally and why?

Does only one God exist? Why or why not?

Did we humans evolve from primitive life or were we created as we are? Evidence for the latter.

Let's see what this brings.

2. AT-AT

AT-AT Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Religion:
    God
    I answered the questions in Bold in the quote.

As for what I believe... throw in a dash of an atheistic mindset at times, though I consider myself a truth seeker, not one who's found it, a dash of liberal Christianity, and maybe some very Unitarian Universalist and Christian Universalist views.

• Like Like x 1
  3. We Never Know

We Never Know Active Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Religion:
    It exists
    So like many, you don't know but anything is possible? Is that your stance?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. AT-AT

AT-AT Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Religion:
    God
    To be intellectually honest, yes I don't know. I do consider it plausible that a Being set the universe into motion though. But I'm not a Creationist.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg A World Citizen
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,635
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I would say like many we have Faith that we see there is something greater than material senses can conceive. That Faith is based on Gods Messengers and what they show and tell us is beyond those material senses. A spiritual existence.

I also see a day when science will show us what is sound faith, what is not sound faith and what is still yet to be known.

Regards Tony

• Like Like x 1
  6. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,846
    Religion:
    Love
    Before the fetus is viable, the moms. Afterwords, the unborn child.

I have no physical evidence.

None.

No for the most part. There are a few passages I do take as true such as the statement of the two greatest commandments and most of the Sermon on the Mount.

One but I go further and state my belief that only God exists and we are as drops in the sea who don't experience that we are part of the sea that is God.

7. ADigitalArtist

ADigitalArtist Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,726
    Religion:
    Irreligious Agnostic Atheistic Apatheist
    Unexpected pot stirring!
    Humans did and still do live with dinosaurs as birds are also dinosaurs ;)

8. John53

John53 Active Member

Ratings:
    +452
    Religion:
    Atheist
    As a male I think I have no right to answer the question in a general way

No

Probably poetic licence not meant to be taken literally.

I have no evidence.

People thinking it's an attack on their God and religion.

Depends on your definition of a dinosaur.

No. It makes no sense if you take it literally.

I don't believe any God exists.

Evolved.

9. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Religion:
    None
    You’ve clearly never worked in a hospital. Patients have no rights. Only our lord who is the senior Consultant has rights.

I saw the invoice from Gods plumber for it. The big man did an impressive job of convincing us that was all intentional.

Snakes can talk but they get very shy about the lisp. Donkeys talk out of their ***.

#I gotta have faith, a-faith, a-faith, I gotta have faith#

My appendix.

Are you calling Fred Flintstone a liar!?!

Yes, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff (apologies to Ned Flanders)

One god with a small team of junior Gods to cover weekends and holidays.

We devolved from more advanced life who realised Earth was a crock and left us.

Much, much sarcasm. This was too many diverse and complex questions to seriously address in a single thread.

10. Woberts

Woberts The Perfumed Seneschal

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Religion:
    Terminus Est.
    I was gonna say @Revoltingest but I guess birds work too. ;)

11. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Libertarian Capitalist Atheist Bokononist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +39,048
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    A documentary from The Institute For Creation Studies....

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. YeshuaBought

YeshuaBought I'm in love with Yeshua.

Ratings:
    +137
    Religion:
    Christian
    This is my body, I have the right to live. That's all.

13. Erebus

Erebus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,316
    Religion:
    Pagan
    I maintain that contraception is ideal but abortion is preferable to an unwanted child. Children suffer far more than an unconscious fetus can.

Nope

None of them spoke English

The good thing about Nature worship is that you can physically encounter multiple gods by taking a quick stroll.

Humans didn't evolve wings. I hate that.

No, I take it as a collection of stories rather than the word of a divine creator.

Depends entirely on what you understand a god to be.

I see no reason to believe that humans were created in the biblical sense. I could however see a more deistic idea of a god setting things in motion and standing back to watch.

14. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,073
    Religion:
    None
    Moms with professional advice.

No, because it never happened and is impossible on several levels

Myth.
    We have a tramp (hobo) who passes through the village about once a month. He constantly talks to his invisible dog.

Gods are faith, if there were evidence faith in gods would be redundant

Creationists, other than that minor niggle i have no problem with the copious evidence

Dinosaur's died out 65 million years ago, humans first evolved about 200,000 years ago and as far as i know, no one has invented a time machine yet.

No although there are some facts in the bible, inconsiquencial to the main stories, such as places and people that are known (by independent corobarating evidence) to have existed.

In human history over 4200 gods have been worshipped, 3800 of them creator gods (how that works i dont know). That excludes the 33 million Hindu gods and all the self proclaimed gods such as emperors and wack jobs.

One god, in the monotheists dreams.

The evidence is that all life on earth is related through evolution, DNA cannot lie

15. Stevicus

Stevicus Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,121
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I think abortion is one of those non-issues solely designed to distract people and get them all riled up on one side or the other. Legalizing or outlawing abortion does not give the workers higher wages, nor does it produce affordable housing or give greater accessibility to healthcare. Regardless of one's stance on abortion, it doesn't threaten the ruling class in any way, which is why the media artificially emphasize it and contrive it to be one of the most serious and important political issues of our day.

No. Although there have been some pretty nasty floods throughout history.

I've seen talking animals in cartoons. Eeyore was a talking donkey, but come to think of it, I don't recall any talking snake cartoon characters.

No evidence for God, and I'm not even sure I would consider belief in God to be based on faith. It's just relying on the guesswork of others.

That we haven't evolved enough.

Yes, as shown in this picture:

[​IMG]

Here, we can see living humans with a dinosaur. Your question didn't specify whether the dinosaur had to be living, so...

No; I see no reason to take the Bible literally.

I don't know if any such being as "God" exists, nor can I say if there's more than one.

My view on this subject is that, if humans were created by some sort of "intelligent designer," then he/she/it would have done a better job of it.

We hear so much about how this purported "Creator" is all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-powerful. And yet, when one considers the state of things - the world, humanity, nature, the universe - if there was actually some intelligent entity which thought all this stuff up and created it, I would still shake my head in disbelief.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +39,048
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    I disagree that professional advice is necessary to exercise the right to abort.
    (It could be useful though.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,073
    Religion:
    None
    I would agree, not compulsory but advisable.

In much of europe it is a legal requirement for either 1 or 2 doctors to give their OK.

18. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +39,048
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    That's good....can't trust women to make decisions on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Workman

Workman UNIQUE

Ratings:
    +60
    Religion:
    The Truth of being TRUE
    You have failed yourself for their (Let’s)..nor will my answer be NOT for your “Let’s” observation..I bring you the NOTHINGNESS to be your concerned!. And will leave you (a) nothing for your need of emptiness!.

A voice will not see past your wall!
    From its your own building wall..you had in it ‘deserted’..and now you’ve taken of it..a liking of your tool!!!(WE NEVER KNOW)

Don’t get confused from my absence as your need! Or in modern term; DONT BE NOISY!
    Figure it out yourself!!! use your OWN thoughts!
    (It) cannot lie to me!.
    Only WILL YOU..make ITSELF change..
    For YOURSELF!

WHO!..will you be schooling now?
    And what thoughts might you received by..to tell them? (Your Lets)!!!!!

#19 Workman, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  20. KenS

KenS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Religion:
    Judeo/Christian
    Abortion. I think its wrong but who's rights come first, mom's or fetus? To simplistic? IMV, both have rights but mom has ultimate decision as one mother did, she decided to die so that the child could live. But I believe it is basically wrong with cases (such as fallopian pregnancies) where a decision must be made.

Geological science shows the great flood never happened.
    Can you show different? On-going debate. I think it is people interpreting what is seen differently and science continues to change.

Talking donkeys and snakes. Have you seen either or is it mythical? LOL... no, I have never seen it. It isn't a rule but an exception. But, certainly, animals do have a language. Could God simply translate into the mind of a person what the animal is saying?

Do you have any evidence for God or is it all faith? Again, people interpreting what is seen differently. One would say the world is evidence and another would say it isn't. One would say their miracle is evidence and another will say it wasn't a miracle. One would say a conscience is evidence and another would say it is just electrical currents going through the motions.

What your biggest problem with evolution? Than man is an animal that evolved. However, evolution is quite feasible--have no problem otherwise.

Did humans live with dinosaurs? What's your evidence? Are crocs dinosaurs?

Do you take the bible literally and why? In some cases it is literal like "And David took the Arc of the Covenant" and "And Noah had three children". In other cases it isn't such as, "There were ten virgins who had lamps - 5 let them go empty...".

Does only one God exist? Why or why not? Depends on what source one uses as its foundation.

Did we humans evolve from primitive life or were we created as we are? Evidence for the latter. Again, depends on interpretation of what one sees. I believe that we were created as we are and there are enough nuances in interpretation not to believe otherwise.

Let's see what this brings. Hopefully, respectful dialogue?