• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scholz: Russian energy ban would mean European recession

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I am a Christian.
My vision of the world, my Weltanschauung is 100% influenced by my Christian values.
And since Putin is a proud Christian too, it is clear we have similar visions.
How is this clear? What is Putin's vision, and what do you think worthy of support about it?

But I am different than him. I think that war is not a suitable instrument. Russia is so big and powerful, there are other means other than war to solve issues.
Please be specific.
What policies that Putin has factually pursued to you consider suitable instruments?

Was it the discrimination of LGBT people, and the persecution of LGBT advocacy groups as "foreign agents" that won you over?

Was it his continuation of Yeltsin's policy of turning a blind eye to the endemic institutional corruption in Russia, and putting cronies and lovers into positions of power in the private and public sector?
Does that kind of feudal governance speak to your monarchist sensibilities?

Do you support him because he bankrolled UKIP and AfD?

What do you consider so laudable about Putin's way of governance that you can easily absolve him of the oppression, corruption, and deaths he and his government have wrought upon Russia and the rest of the world?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Could you please clarify the borders of Europe?
Thank you.

Europe - Wikipedia
Europe is a continent, also recognised as part of Eurasia, located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere. Comprising the westernmost peninsulas of the continental landmass of Eurasia,[10] it shares the continental landmass of Afro-Eurasia with both Asia and Africa. It is bordered by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south and Asia to the east. Europe is commonly considered to be separated from Asia by the watershed of the Ural Mountains, the Ural River, the Caspian Sea, the Greater Caucasus, the Black Sea and the waterways of the Turkish Straits.
Of particular note:
Politically, Europe is divided into about fifty sovereign states, of which Russia is the largest and most populous, spanning 39% of the continent and comprising 15% of its population.

This thread is about Scholz, about Germany, about the EU.
The European peoples will not let the American Deep State drag them into this Soros vs Putin war.

They have much more important things to think of.
I am sure that neither in Netherlands, people do not like the notion of war.

Again you deflect by making up some nonsense about your bete noir Soros, while absolving the greater oppressor and criminal of all blame while lionising your Robin Hood Jesus champion of universal justice who, objectively, has enriched his avaricious cronies at the expense of the people who he continues to oppress if they disagree with his right to do this.

It's not a "Soros v Putin war" or a "deep state" war it is a Putin v the people war.

The people of Ukraine suffer, and the poor and disadvantaged Russians who have to fight the war suffer so Putin can stoke his ego about being a great statesman while continuing to enrich his cronies on the back of other people's suffering.

If say this man shares you vision and is a hero, you hate the people and love the elite.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Again you deflect by making up some nonsense about your bete noir Soros, while absolving the greater oppressor and criminal of all blame while lionising your Robin Hood Jesus champion of universal justice who, objectively, has enriched his avaricious cronies at the expense of the people who he continues to oppress if they disagree with his right to do this.

It's not a "Soros v Putin war" or a "deep state" war it is a Putin v the people war.

The people of Ukraine suffer, and the poor and disadvantaged Russians who have to fight the war suffer so Putin can stoke his ego about being a great statesman while continuing to enrich his cronies on the back of other people's suffering.

If say this man shares you vision and is a hero, you hate the people and love the elite.

Maybe Italians love Putin because they think he can help them defeat all the traitorous elites who dwell in the buildings of power. And chase them away.

So Russian armies can take Rome in 5 minutes, with these premises.

It turns out the hated elites are protected by the Italian Left. A politician from this lounge-loving and elitarian Left once said : the average Italian is too racist and ignorant to elect their respresentatives. They should not have the right to vote.

Ladies and Gentleman...the Left.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Maybe Italians love Putin because they think he can help them defeat all the traitorous elites who dwell in the buildings of power. And chase them away.
If that is actually the case, then these Italians are completely detached from factual reality and, frankly, delusional.

Then they are suckers.

Putin is literally a lifelong member of the deep state who has dedicated his career to oppressing those who stand up to the elites. That was the purpose of the KGB/FSB, and as President he has presided over a kleptocracy.

He couldn't possibly be more pro-elite and anti-people if he tried.

A politician from this lounge-loving and elitarian Left once said : the average Italian is too racist and ignorant to elect their respresentatives. They should not have the right to vote.

If you hate those who don't think the people deserve to have their say in free and fair elections, boy do I have something to tell you about your Jesus Robin Hood champion of universal justice... ;)

Seems to me like you care nothing about the people as you love those who oppress the people in other countries, as long as they are nominally against those you hate in your own country.

If you cared about the people you would say "despite being in charge of a repressive kleptocracy where his cronies can enrich themselves by stealing from the people, I like that Putin opposes my enemies and hope he can do good in this regard", it is full on hagiography and hero worship with utter contempt for those he oppresses and steals from.

Ladies and Gentleman...the Left.

Ladies and gentlemen... whatever your position is ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Then they are suckers.

Putin is literally a lifelong member of the deep state who has dedicated his career to oppressing those who stand up to the elites. That was the purpose of the KGB/FSB, and as President he has presided over a kleptocracy.

He couldn't possibly be more pro-elite and anti-people if he tried.

If you hate those who don't think the people deserve to have their say in free and fair elections, boy do I have something to tell you about your Jesus Robin Hood champion of universal justice... ;)

Seems to me like you care nothing about the people as you love those who oppress the people in other countries, as long as they are nominally against those you hate in your own country.

If you cared about the people you would say "despite being in charge of a repressive kleptocracy where his cronies can enrich themselves by stealing from the people, I like that Putin opposes my enemies and hope he can do good in this regard", it is full on hagiography and hero worship with utter contempt for those he oppresses and steals from.

Ladies and gentlemen... whatever your position is ;)

Could you please stop talking about Russia for one second...and talk about my country ?
Or any other EU country.
Thank you.

Why do you think my people hate these Brussels elites?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you cared about the people you would say "despite being in charge of a repressive kleptocracy where his cronies can enrich themselves by stealing from the people, I like that Putin opposes my enemies and hope he can do good in this regard",

If the EU had been respectful towards my country, we would have never turned to Putin.

Could you please stop talking about Russia for one second...and talk about my country ?
Or any other EU country.
Thank you.

Why do you think my people hate these Brussels elites?

If the Italian people feel as you do then the solution is simple: Vote to leave the EU like Britain did.

Problem solved.

You claim the country loves Putin and hates the EU. What's stopping you?

Now, what happens to those who wish to remove your Robin Hood Jesus from power? Can they just mount a peaceful campaign against him and try to unseat him using a free and fair electoral process?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If the Italian people feel as you do then the solution is simple: Vote to leave the EU like Britain did.

Problem solved.

You claim the country loves Putin and hates the EU. What's stopping you?

Now, what happens to those who wish to remove your Robin Hood Jesus from power? Can they just mount a peaceful campaign against him and try to unseat him using a free and fair electoral process?

They are preventing us from doing an Italexit (or Eurexit) referendum.
So you do understand that the only solution is that Putin invades Rome and chases away these individuals from the building of powers. Right?

They are preventing us from doing an Italexit (or Eurexit) referendum.
So you do understand that the only solution is that Putin invades Rome and chases away these individuals from the building of powers. Right?

Who is stopping you doing what Britain did?

Why can you not vote for anti-EU parties or start your own if there are none to your liking?

If what you say is true, you can be Signora Prime Minister and a national liberation hero :princess:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who is stopping you doing what Britain did?

Why can you not vote for anti-EU parties or start your own if there are none to your liking?

If what you say is true, you can be Signora Prime Minister and a national liberation hero :princess:

Actually it is about quitting the euro...not about quitting the EU.;)

Wandering Monk

You are still avoiding the question by using a red herring like Soros.

We are not talking about wealthy people such as entrepreneurs who create wealth via commerce, but oligarchs who extract wealth by stealing from the state as Putin's inner circle do.

Opposing group X doesn't make you Robin Hood when you a) allow your cronies to rob the people blind and b) give nothing back to the people

You said he is Robin Hood, but actually his inner circle are exactly the Sheriff of Nottingham - they use proximity to power and the organs of state to steal from the people and give to the rich.

Their greed is a bottomless pit while many Russian live below the poverty line, far more than in the West.

So why are Robin Hood's friends so rich and the people so poor? Why do you side with the Sheriff of Nottingham?

More like Dennis Moore:
What is stopping you electing someone who will quit both if it is what the masses are demanding?

Exactly. Switzerland did.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What is stopping you electing someone who will quit both if it is what the masses are demanding?

There are constitutional impediments that make a Eurexit referendum not doable. So I guess we should change that article first.

UK does not have a Constitution so Brexit was doable.
Thank you for understanding our plight. I really appreciate it.
Back to the topic, I love all of Europe. All countries. I do know Russia is still undemocratic in so many ways.

But I would want this Europe to change too for the sake of the people, the middle classes.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We are light years awy from the geopolitics of the 20th century.
We cannot survive as civilization, unless the US understand that there are so many powers arising in Asia, in Africa...everywhere.
And we cannot survive as civilization, unless the West remains united. Because we are not the majority any more.