• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Remind me - to post some of my writings from the "oldstuff" page - my thoughts about schizophrenia & "reality"

Life is but a dream

I had a dream the other day that I was totally mad
So I buried a thousand sandwiches deep in the sand
My little doctor can't really tell me what is wrong
But it's no problem - I'll just sing the same, old song

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Could google this quote -

"When you talk to God, you are praying. When God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

~ Thomas Szasz

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try these Google searches -

Find people handle your darkest truths

Simple search for Transform Pain into Compassion turns up a few!

The Osho site is huge -

Osho quotes love - a few! - not JUST osho site actually!!

Osho quotes life mystery

Quotes on mystery - esp John Paul Caponigro

livinglifefully.com - life - adversity - anger - love - etc - etc!

Tiny Buddha quotes - plus menus!

How To Make Friends With Your Mind - The Best Brain Possible

Remind me to post more out of my journal ...

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try this google search -

Psychiatric Survivor Story

Plus a couple of other suggested searches!

I may be out of the psych ward soon - here's hoping.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn't we really be talking about plural realities? And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it's as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, His reality is so different from ours that he can't explain his to us, and we can't explain ours to him. The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication ... and there is the real illness.”

Philip K. Dick

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I take abilify.

I basically was having an imposing inner dialogue with myself as other people, and what they might say to me. My very own imagination was more of an effect than something i had command over. And my ability to focus, and remember was severely limited. I also totally lost my sense of self awareness.

It started happening when i was 30. Its been 17 years and several medications later, here i am. Most medications would mess with my muscles, and nerves making me very restless.

Abilify really seems to help me focus and gain back many of my cognitive abilities without messing with me.

Now i only have trouble when i am extremely depressed.

If you ask me schizophrenia is something triggered by overwhelming unhealthy pressures and environments. I used to work with toxic chemicals, and toxic people for that matter. I had a very, very religious upbringing that was totally unwanted. And ive had some really drag down friendships in my youth. I guess over the years it all added up, and i snapped.

I do wonder if poor nutrition plays into it as well. I definetly do not ever touch alcohol anymore. Its been 17 years and only 2 beers in that time.

I would never ever recommend going off medication. But i definetly spoke up when the medications i was taking gave me worse experiences.

I totally recommend healthy habits, and healthy environments as a way to counteract the illness. And work closely with a trusted doctor to get the right medication.

Im currently working on positive self expression to get in touch with my best self. I draw, and keep journals, read books, and take notes on what i read.

I wonder how many schizophrenics experienced major trauma growing up like i did experience it.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I totally recommend healthy habits, and healthy environments as a way to counteract the illness. And work closely with a trusted doctor to get the right medication.

Im currently working on positive self expression to get in touch with my best self. I draw, and keep journals, read books, and take notes on what i read.

I wonder how many schizophrenics experienced major trauma growing up like i did experience it.

Thanks for sharing.

I try to stick to healthy habits too - good food and exercise and I meditate and read a lot.

Having a supportive family definitely helps as well!

I never experienced major trauma growing up ...

Wishing you all the best!