• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sacredphrenia:

A natural process of psychospiritual death and rebirth in which an unsuspecting initiate is plunged into the deeper, non-rational levels of the psyche and forced to navigate the self-obliterating chaos of the imaginal realm in an unconscious attempt to achieve psychic reorganisation and spiritual renewal. If they are able to withstand the gruelling tests laid before them, then the initiate will become a catalyst of social transformation, helping humanity overcome the dominant mechanistic worldview that is destroying the fabric of life on earth.

Here is the e-book

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual awakening process - the first 2 capture my attention -

After going through my own awakening and seeing the awakening of many around me, I have noticed a series of stages that a person seems to go through.

I do not believe awakening happens in stages, however there is a common thread or flow to the events that awakening brings and how it starts to slowly transform a person’s life.

Looking at the awakening process in stages can help to simplify things and understand the journey ahead.

Here are the 10 stages of awakening I have observed through others and through myself. I share them in the hope that they can bring clarity and peace to those going through an awakening.

The 10 Stages of Awakening - Forever Conscious

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Viktor Frankl had a "suffering induced transformational experience" (SITE), like those I wrote about in my last post. He was the founder of "logotherapy," at the heart of which is the search for meaning and purpose in life that is unique and specific to each person, even -- perhaps especially -- in the midst of hardship.

Spiritual Growth Through Major Adversity

The rest of the blog is worth a look too ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For those of us who are waking up from the world dream this lifetime, it has not been an easy journey into higher states of consciousness. Some would even say it’s been sheer brutal. Being surrounded by a world that appears apathetic, if not blind, to the negative forces that mold our reality yet are thoroughly enamored by any diversions of a petty nature has been an experience that has left many of us questioning our own sanity and exhausted by the sharp contrast of our journey. For many others, it’s a struggle to even be out in the open with the knowledge they have for fear of losing favor with the status quo.

Healing the Shock of Awakening: 7 Ways to Integrate Your New Understanding

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A few more added to my book excerpts - such as -

Yes - so far in human history a genuine awakening has been a relatively rare event. So there are not many "experts" on the subject at this point in our evolution. So it is a matter of trusting your "gut instinct" as to whether someone's advice is worth following.

I consider myself blessed with fairly decent instincts and something inside me really resonates with the writing/advice of Nanice Ellis. For example - try googling Nanice stages awakening to see what you find. Also look on YouTube!

Also try this at YouTube - they always have interesting suggestions - try - Does Enlightenment Happen Gradually.

I fully realise that many skeptics will see all this as fantasy or wishful thinking. Tht's cool! I would have responded the same way before it happened to me personally 20 years ago. I used to be the ULTIMATE skeptic!

"This is a very frustrating world and unfortunately many frustrated people do tend to take out their frustrations on the people around them."

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ooooops ... nearly frogot to mention this article & site!!! -

After a spiritual awakening opens up your heart, every emotion you can imagine becomes available to you--every single one. In an open heart, we embrace every emotion that we can humanly experience. We remove our limitations on what we can feel, so we can feel the fullness of love, compassion, terror, hatred, sadness, and more. This is what it means to be truly open-hearted.

After a Spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions

Loads more at that site!

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from my latest intro -

Firstly, it reallly is a mysterious puzzle to this day - 37 years of being a yo-yo ought to have taught me something! ... The mystifying aspect is that the vast majority of the time nowadays my strategies work beautifully and I would honestly NOT swap places with any of the conformists.

Then out-of-the-blue my mood deflates for a while and I always assume this time it will be permanent! I must be a slow learner or something! :)

Finally?? - TRY a few of these searches and see what you discover -

trans4mind counterpoint happiness articles - literally dozens upon dozens YET to explore!

Help guide stop worrying

Spiritual awakening emotional chaos

Embrace your imperfections - loads to explore after this typing!!!!

Love your imperfections - not as many? A film?

Power of self compassion - esp - Psychology Today but several sites sound worth a little look or two!

Pema Chodron Foundation articles

Pema Chodron smile at fear (plus YouTube?)

Enjoy your evening!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Titles for my book?? - sep thread??

To give you some idea of the evolution of this book - here are a few titles that I have toyed with over the years –

As we all know – a catchy title can make all the difference when people are browsing for books to read …

"The sad truth about the human race"

"Playing with madness"

"A Beginner's guide to reality"

"Imaginary conversations"

"Schizophrenia: The most misunderstood phenomenon in the entire universe"

"How to be RIDICULOUSLY happy!"

"Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind"

"Celebrate your uniqueness"

"Start your own cult and help save the world"

"The super easy quick foolproof guaranteed way to a happier life"

“”Be kind & gentle & patient with yourself … and with everybody else”

"How to transform your anger into compassion"

"Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?"

"The most fascinating book you are ever likely to read!"

“How to calm down the chatter in your mind” – Google it?

"A little peek inside my chaotic mind"

“Love yourself with your imperfections so you can love other people with their imperfections”

"How to stop your ego from sabotaging your happiness"

"Living with a profound sense of wonder & curiosity & gratitude"

"Do you have a healthy belief system?"

“Lessons we can learn from dogs” – Google it!

“How to love yourself completely especially when you are really struggling”

“Fix all of your problems and frustrations in 50 easy-to-follow steps!”

"Is gratitude the key to a happier life?"

"How to lose your mind but not your sense of humour"

“Does anyone currently living on this planet have a clue?”

“The art of staying cool, calm & collected whenever anybody is really pushing all of your buttons”

“Once upon a time, a man suddenly started to learn how to enjoy his own life!”

Amazing scenes – remind me – the nightly news

"I may be imperfect but your imperfections are FAR worse than mine!"

"Send pure, unconditional love to all those who are currently trapped in hatred or any other form of negativity!!!"

“You have FAR more potential than you may have been led to believe!”
“How to flourish in a traumatic world”

“Letting go of all your struggles with reality!”

“Remaining grateful even during your toughest times”

“If you insist on blaming or complaining … beware of bad karma …”

“Are you daring enough to find out the true causes of all of your struggles?”

“Exploring your own consciousness – the ultimate adventure!”

“You don’t need to torture yourself to grow!”

“All the things we tend to take for granted.”

“The grand scheme of things”

“The true origins of human happiness”

“Letting go of your need to compare yourself to others”

“How to put an end to toxic thinking – it is far easier than you might imagine!”

“The foolproof way to become fabulously rich and popular just by reading this book!”

“Transform your experience of this universe through meditation”

“Everything your soul wants you to know”

“How to think like an absolute genius”

“Stop listening to that voice in your head!”

“I don’t believe in being bored”

“How to harness the full power of your imagination – it is far easier than you might think!”

"There is absolutely nothing "special" about me - we are all born with the same amazing human potential - we each have the potential to
experience love & compassion & wonder & curiosity & forgiveness & kindness & joy & enthusiasm & thoughts & ideas & inspiration & gratitude & much much more!"

“Always make sure that you monitor your thoughts as closely as humanly possible”

“How to improve your life beyond your wildest dreams”

“Finding happiness by embracing all of your emotions – yes – even the dark ones!”

“I am not in the least bit interested in emotional drama so I make sure I never push people’s buttons”

"My life is a self-replicating event flowing smoothly from unstructured cosmic intent"

Plus more lines from some of my poems?

"Once upon a time, I was born into the psychological mysteries of life"

“Sometimes life is just like the milky texture of reality”

“Don’t tell me about the modern medical mysteries of life!”

"I'm not crazy - it's everyone else!"

"Solve all of your personal problems permanently"

"Enlightenment for dummies"

"Are we asking all the wrong questions?"

"I would much rather meditate than watch television!"

"Once upon a time, a man started to wonder if he should put an extra onion into his pocket."

"How to stop sabotaging your own happiness"

"My favourite Google searches"

"I am as reliable as the Bible"

"How you can boost your mood enormously by spontaneously chanting completely random & utter nonsense!"

"What an extraordinary shot there by Mister Federal!"

"Dealing with obnoxious people without losing your serenity"

"Chanting for fun & profit"

"Once upon time, a man started to SCREAM because he couldn't understand his own life."

"How to enjoy all of the extra moments of your life"

"Sometimes men & women & children & families & doctors love to enjoy a replica of their own lives"

"Don't worry about me - I am NOT psychologically deranged!"

"Amaze your friends and family by casually throwing some of these thoughts into your next conversation or social gathering"

"Bible. Bible. Bible. I am the man in the Bible. Anyone who believes in me will surely never die! Oh, man! You can’t say things like that – people might get upset! Well … they should take a good, long, hard look at themselves."

May send my story to this site –

Schizophrenia.com - Schizophrenia Stories and Success Stories

Edited - plus schiz poem and thread??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Been awfully busy so few posts lately - here are a few Psychiatric cartoons for your amusement ...

psychologist-counselor-counselling-psychiatrist-psychiatry-social-issues-CC141597_low.jpg

00166addc85e4ebda0dcef785bb310fd.jpg

46f2b93781bece3ec4ae506519949223.jpg

Lucy's psychiatry booth

death-therapy-counselling-shrink-mental_health-psychiatrists-gra051223_low.jpg