• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Ayjaydee

Growth through adversity -

Many of us may not have suffered the loss of a loved one, but we all carry around emotional baggage of some kind — baggage that can bring with it fear, hurt, guilt, and insecurity. At least one specific source of pain lives inside each of us and colors the way we see the world: the memory of an alcoholic mother or an abusive father, the pain of being bullied at school, the horror of losing a child, the trauma of being raped, the helplessness of being held hostage by depression, cancer, addiction, or other ailments of the mind and body. These experiences of suffering can be tremendously difficult to overcome.

They also pose serious threats to finding meaning in life. They can shatter our fundamental assumptions about the world — that people are good, the world is just, and our environment is a safe and predictable place. They can breed cynicism and hatred. They can lead us to have troubled relationships, to lose our sense of identity and purpose, to abandon our faith, to conclude that we don’t matter or that life is senseless.

But this is an incomplete picture of adversity. Traumatic experiences can leave deep, some-times permanent wounds. Yet struggling through them can also push us to grow in ways that ultimately make us wiser and our lives more fulfilling.

Full article here -

How Adversity Can Lead to Personal Growth

Cheers!
My fundamental assumptions dont tell me the world is just, good, predictable and safe
In fact my fundamental assumptions say the conditioned world is ultimately unsatisfactory, permanently changing and without anything or anybody that could be said to have a permanent unchanging essence or soul.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bodhisattvas take on a personal sense of responsibility for freeing every sentient being everywhere from every kind of suffering, and they vow to remain in the universe going anywhere necessary throughout oceans of time to fulfill their commitment to others. Upon making this vow, of course the bodhisattva begins working for the welfare of others. Her main task in the beginning, though, is to attain her own liberation from suffering and her own full enlightenment. This may sound odd at first, but upon making a compassionate vow to spend all of eternity working for the welfare of others, the bodhisattva's first, main task is to attain a state of enlightenment that brings her total freedom from suffering as well as limitless bliss, intelligence, skill, joy and wisdom. The reason for this is purely pragmatic. You cannot give others what you don't have yourself.

From "The Lost Art of Compassion" by Lorne Ladner

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Enlightened beings - how to become enlightened? -

Do you think of “enlightenment” as the province only of special beings, like the Buddha, or of those who spend their lives cross-legged, meditating, and chanting “om?” Or maybe you view enlightened people as ones who somehow spend their lives in a state of earthly or heavenly bliss.

Gong! 8 Simple Ways to Wake Up and Become Enlightened

Also Sadhguru -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
After a spiritual awakening opens up your heart, every emotion you can imagine becomes available to you--every single one. In an open heart, we embrace every emotion that we can humanly experience. We remove our limitations on what we can feel, so we can feel the fullness of love, compassion, terror, hatred, sadness, and more. This is what it means to be truly open-hearted.

Not everyone gets a huge bliss stage after their spiritual awakening. Many people go right into the emotional processing. If you do have a bliss state, marinate in it. Cultivate it. Breathe into it. Let it expand. It will help you to see more clearly and to churn up the issues that are trying to hide out in the dark. Unfortunately, for many people, the bliss state is a kind of an escape to which they will try to return to again and again. This is often the state of awareness that people confuse as being the "enlightened" or "awakened" state of awareness. For others, a blissful experience is a momentary reward. But mainly, I want to emphasize that the bliss phase is a passing experience like all emotional states. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The Bliss State Comes and Then It Goes

Because the work is coming. It is coming because most of us human beings hold onto pain instead of releasing it. In our avoidance, old pain grows and grows. Then a spiritual awakening or another profound spiritual shift comes, and it all comes tumbling out. The human reactions range from feeling lost, overwhelmed, wanting to run away, shutting down, and a variety of avoidance tendencies. The importance of your practice and learning to breathe into whatever you are feeling is crucial. No particular spiritual technique is needed, although some can help soften the space. The raw power of your presence and loving awareness are the central tools, and they're ultimately what helps us to process through these painful left-overs. It's not a magic trick. It's a real thing, and breathing into pain is its own kind of practice. The better you get at it, the more quickly you will be able to process your old emotions.

Read more at this site -

After a Spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
And I realize that having this emotional turbulence is deeply challenging for many people. Wading through all the joy, bliss, anger, hatred, fear, self-loathing, and more that can come tumbling out is powerful work. It is not insurmountable. With dedication to your practice and to staying present with what is moving, the emotions will pass and the waters will settle into a deeper state of peace.

Comes from this article I may have mentioned -

After a Spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from that article -

Most people should expect to make fear a good friend. Really, you should see fear as your best friend for the duration of the initial awakened transition. Once things calm down, you probably won't need to hang out so much as you rest in your regular awakened growth cycles. But at first, many people will find a ton of unaddressed fear. On top of that, many people's physiological response to upsetting emotions is MORE FEAR! That adds resistance on top of resistance, and this can get you quite stuck for years.

Years.

YEARS!

Did I emphasize that enough?

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual awakening emotions -

One of the reasons there’s so much misunderstanding around the topic of spiritual awakening is that we often fail to define relevant terms.

In A Sociable God, for example, Ken Wilber provides nine valid definitions of spirit and spirituality.

We often link “spirituality” to the context of religion, but in my experience (as we’ll see below), this is problematic. For now, let’s define the spiritual as a quality of being beyond the physical or material domain of existence.

Enlightenment, too, can mean many different things, but it’s most often associated with cognition. You can have an “enlightened mind” through disciplined study of higher spiritual principles. But this enlightenment doesn’t mean you’re spiritually awake or psychologically aware.

Full article here -

Spiritual Awakening Signs: 10 Authentic Symptoms + 5 Spiritual Traps

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - awakening symptoms anger -

From the number of posts on the Signs and Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening and Expanded Consciousness thread, it’s obvious there are many folks out there still really struggling so I thought I would update the energy situation and point out some new symptoms and challenges I’m seeing in my client base and within myself.

The great news is people are beginning to wake up—consciousness-wise and through spiritual expansion. The bad news is this is not an easy thing to navigate, especially when you feel like you are all alone. That’s why I developed my online community, so that people can share their fears, concerns, experiences with like-minded people from all over the globe. I know my clients look forward to current energy information each month, plus the forums and webcasts help keep them connected. It’s great validation that you’re not going crazy and that you’re not alone!

Read more -

Spiritual Awakening Symptoms Update: Emotions on the Rise - Suzanne Worthley -

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Welcoming painful emotions -

A popular analogy is a rubber gardening hose. In a proper hose, the water flows right through it, always fresh, never leaving a mark. Even if the water is dirty, all we have to do is to keep it flowing and it will pass. But what happens if we try to block it off? We tie it up into knots, we step on it. And it works for a little while. But over time, the pressure builds. The rest of the hose begins to leak and crack, and soon the entire hose ruptures.

It is the same with our emotions – we can’t block them off. Just feel them completely; welcome them, without acting on them. Slowly, we begin to free ourselves from our own prison, and let the pain go.

Much more at this site -

Core Practice: Welcoming and Releasing Emotions

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From a recent email -

Welcoming Emotions Into the Present Moment

Buddhist psychology suggests create suffering by clinging to how we’d like things to be in the future rather than being mindful of what is. Oftentimes what is is something unpleasant or uncomfortable — sorrow, fear, or grief. We may experience the insecurity of not knowing if we’re loved or uncertainty about our future security. Being here now must somehow include the shadow side of being human.

Much of our lives are driven by a quest to nail down an elusive security. Watts suggests that we need to embrace unavoidable insecurity in order to feel secure:

"The desire for security and the feeling of insecurity are the same thing. To hold your breath is to lose your breath. A society based on the quest for security is nothing but a breath-retention contest in which everyone is as taut as a drum."

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotes about mental health stigma -

stigma-quote-hp-74-1.jpg

Loads more at this site -

Quotes on Mental Illness Stigma | HealthyPlace

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More reading ...

Gratitude life challenges - thefirst to catch my eye was greater good site ...

A decade’s worth of research on gratitude has shown me that when life is going well, gratitude allows us to celebrate and magnify the goodness. But what about when life goes badly? In the midst of the economic maelstrom that has gripped our country, I have often been asked if people can—or even should—feel grateful under such dire circumstances.

How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In a society that’s governed by the haves versus the have-nots, where money is all-powerful and helps epitomize the alluring facets of life like freedom, security and power, it’s easy to be ungrateful. When you’re working tirelessly to no avail, unable to get ahead in life, especially after enduring the heartache of failure or financial turmoil, it’s simple to get disillusioned and it’s easy to not be grateful.

If you find yourself in that situation right now, fear not, we’ve all been there. Yet, there are ways we can become grateful for the things we have in our lives. In fact, gratitude is quite possibly the most direct pathway to success. The problem? Most people hinge their happiness and gratitude on achievement rather than making it a platform for such.

Comes from this site -

7 Crucial Reasons Why Gratitude Can Change Your Life - Wanderlust Worker

Cheers!