• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from that interesting email -

Schizophrenia has been described as a nonspecific disease by the psychiatric profession. This supposedly devastating condition was originally named by the German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin (1856-1926). Kraepelin believed that the condition involved an irreversible mental deterioration and coined the term 'dementia praecox' - Latin for 'prematurely out of one's mind'. It later became clear that the term was a misnomer and a new term was coined in 1910 by Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler (1857-1939) who was noted for his kindness and humanity. Bleuler was the teacher of Carl Jung and professor of psychiatry at the University of Zürich where he headed the famous Burghölzli Clinic. Since the condition seemed to involve a mental split between thought and emotion, Bleuler coined the term 'schizophrenia' for 'splitting of the mind'. The term is derived from German 'schizophrenie' from Greek 'skhizein' meaning 'to split' and 'phren' of unknown origin meaning 'heart or mind'. According to Greek etymology, "schizophrenia"actually means 'broken soul' or 'broken heart".

Although there is still no universally accepted definition of the term, it has been applied to many so-called 'mental illnesses' including a set of socially and culturally unacceptable thinking and behaviour patterns which other people greatly dislike thus making it a model of "unwanted conduct". The condition is largely misunderstood as a result of people"s fear of the unknown.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As promised -

It turns out that schizophrenia is not a disease or "mental illness". It is not a hopeless condition but a brilliant one. In fact schizophrenia is a personal 'story' which involves a natural and temporary self-organising transformative process or crisis of transformation, a "psychospiritual crisis" now known as 'spiritual emergency' - the term coined by psychiatrist Stanislav Grof. Spiritual emergency is a self-healing process involving the dissolution and removal of illusions and false beliefs originating in the programming of social conditioning which gives rise to aberrant thought complexes and prevent the person from making accurate evaluations for effective decision-making and appropriate social adaptation.

So similar to some of my writing it is un-canny ... :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I have lived with a diagnosis of schizophrenia for over 35-years.

There is much debate about the nature & causes of schizophrenia. Most conventional "wisdom" is that schizophrenia is a severe psychiatric disabilty and a life-long condition. Most people are medicated so they are no longer a "danger" to the smooth running of this amazing society.

If you want some idea of what I am rabbitting on about, try this site -

amigoingmad.com.au

Or try this - spiritual emergency schizophrenia - one result is a mental health forum which describes schizophrenia in a way most shrinks would-never-accept or agree with.

Anyway, it has been a memorable 35 years - some amazing highs and some periods of darkness.

My first spiritual experience happened when I was on a psych ward and I was at that stage a very angry & cynical atheist so it came as a HUGE surprise.

I felt absolute euphoria - better than any drug - and had little need for sleep or food or entertainment - if you are in the "right place" there is absolutely no need to seek entertainment. Everything - even the simplest acts of life is enormously enjoyable if you are in "the zone" as some sports people say.

This mood lasted the better part of a week and then I had to return home because the staff decided that I was starting to enjoy things just a little bit too much.

I wrote a poem about that experience and here it is for your enjoyment:

One Man's Heaven

I write this little poem as I sit
I'm in Acacia ward until I split
Surrounded by the maddest folk
It is the sweetest, most ironic joke

I'm actually living in another world
Where dreams and magic are unfurled
The people in here have no greed or hate
They all have learned the way to wait

Waiting for the coming of the sun
Knowing they are truly all one
We laugh along with all the staff
My best mate thinks he's a giraffe

I gladly watch over these fragile souls
Some think their minds are full of holes
They cannot handle the jungle outside
This is their refuge where they can hide

They hide not from themselves of course
We are all connected to one pure source
Our hearts and minds have merged with each other
I call every one in here my soul-brother

If you want to join us, please feel free
It really is the best place to be
Surrounded by such understanding
You'll find we are never ever demanding

You'll never know who you might meet
If you take a walk down our secret street
Please visit us if you get the chance
We may even teach your soul to dance

That euphoria subsided would-you-believe! That is the impermanence of human experience once again - the good times don't last but luckily the bad times don't last either. It is all just an unavoidable fact-of-life and you just have to learn how to live with it. On the other hand, maybe the truth is stranger than fiction.

How would I describe my present state-of-mind? I would say it is effortlessly buoyant. When I am mindful, it makes NO real difference what I do - I could be reading one of my dozens of books on various subjects - believe it or not my current reading material is far from self-help or spirituality. It is a book called "Run like you stole something" and it asks several deep and meaningful questions - but only insofar as they apply to sporting performances.

So to use a sporting term I am currently in "The Zone" nearly every waking moment and simply enjoying the moment - whether that involves reading or spontaneous chanting or yoga or walking in the stinking HOT weather or surfing the web or writing poetry. If this is madness, I have no wish to be cured!

I have abundant physical & psychological energy too. I ought to be exhausted and just melting in this heat but I am as sharp as the proverbial ...

No doubt you are wondering how this could be - surely this depressing world gets to everybody now & then?

Suffering can make you all bitter & twisted or it can make you more compassionate. I have certainly experienced both ends of the spectrum in this particular lifetime.

If you are interested in reading a wonderful book on this subject, try "The Lost Art of Compassion" by Lorne Ladner - it has helped me a lot!

"There is no longer ANY anger inside me - not even the merest trace!"

Mindfulness is THE key! As long as I am being mindful every activity no-matter-how-mundane is an enjoyable experience. When I am un-mindful the story is completely different! That is one way to describe the transformation - I have shifted from being mindful some of the time to being effertlessly & serenely mindful nearly all-the-time. Similar experiences and even more have been reported throughout human history and I have read several accounts and always had the instinctive "knowledge" that somehow I was headed in the same direction as those mystics even when I was at my lowest ebb - which happened regularly until the past 7 or so months.

Mine sure has been a tall-tale so far -

There are many ways of awakening spiritually. I am tempted to say mine has been unique so far because the initial awakening happened when I was an angry cynical atheist who had his awakening on a psych ward!

Then I realised that we are all unique and so our awakening stories are bound to be similarly unique. So I shouldn't go comparing my experiences with any other soul's experiences/evolution.

My very pleasant current state of being is even happening while I am still taking 3 separate psych medications. It is anyone's guess what my mind-blowing experiences I might be experience if I slowly cut back on the meds?

I am finally "cured" of the anger that dominated my life for so long - I was angry that normal people spend their entire lives hiding from the truth and the results are all around you - war - addictions - violence - entertainment & suicide. Not exactly what you would expect if people were actually happy being normal. I suspect nearly every "normal" human being secretly yearns to live in a far more sensible & natural society. You can tell from the ways they think & act and it can be depressing and maddening if you happen to be a sensitive human being.

There must be something FUNDAMENTALLY wrong with a society that produces so many violent individuals. Nobody is born violent.

The anger is completely gone and nobody is more amazed than me. I hoped for it but wasn't sure it would ever happen. I figured you had to be incredibly lucky to have an experience of unconditional love and I felt I had used up most of my luck in the ward ... all those years ago ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If in highly sensitive individuals the process of spiritual emergence is blocked for any reason the person might be warned that their growth is in grave danger and that they rapidly need to make adjustments which are for essential for effective adaptation. The transformation process of spiritual emergence can be so dramatic as to become uncontrollable and reach a point of crisis or emergency. So-called "spiritual emergency" is known by many names such as transpersonal experience, transpersonal crisis, psycho-spiritual transformation, psycho-spiritual crisis, spiritual journey, hero's journey, dark night of the soul, spiritual opening, psychic opening, psychic awakening, spiritual awakening, enlightenment, kundalini awakening, kundalini process, kundalini crisis, shamanic initiation, shamanic crisis, psychotic-visionary episode, ego death, ego loss, alchemical process, positive disintegration, post traumatic stress disorder with psychotic features, night sea journey, psychosis, shamanism, mysticism, gnosis, inner apocalypse, and so on.

Soul in crisis?

Let's get curious!

Spiritual enlightnement or mental illness?

Ego traps for meditators - as good an article on meditation as I have found in the past day or two ...

Here is a thread that shows JUST how much spare time I am enjoying lately!

Become your own therapist

Self compassion basics!

Ascension symptoms mood swings

Article about our human egos

The shamanic view of mental illness

Also a book - amigoingmad.com.au

Also from that email -

Much needless suffering results from ignorance of the multidimensional nature of the human personality, human psyche or "human nature". Insights on the nature of human nature are revealed by combining Western scientific research with new concepts provided by Eastern psychologies such as Buddhism. These insights can be applied to the study of the healthy healing process involving psychic overload of uncontrollable spiritual growth i.e. spiritual emergency or so-called 'schizophrenia'. Schizophrenia is not a 'mental illness' but an intense transpersonal or "spiritual" experience involving spiritual awakening or "spiritual emergence".

More? ...

Sites from this search maybe -

Recovering from psychiatry

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent emails -

Paste in?

"There are many ways of entering the zone. Sport is one of the most popular but the really sensible souls somehow manage to enter the zone through their effortless contemplation of this reality."

"No. No. No. That's NOT the way! That's not the WAY!"

"Have you ever considered the possibility that some souls deliberately choose to experience extreme adversity because it enables them to evolve more rapidly?

"Once upon a time, a man started to wonder if he should put an extra onion into his pocket."

"Sometimes the voices-in-my-head try to convince me that I might just possibly be going a little bit crazy!"

"Once upon a time, a man started to wonder if he would EVER understand his life."

"There are many people who believe in God just as there are many men & women & children & families & doctors who love to enjoy a replica of their own lives!"

"No. No. No. That's NOT the way! That's not the WAY!"

"Have you ever considered the possibility that some souls deliberately choose to experience extreme adversity because it enables them to evolve more rapidly?

"Every single one of us has the same potential to experience kindness & awe & inspiration & compassion & forgiveness & curiosity & humor & spontaneity & imagination & optimism & laughter & creativity & confidence & courage & patience & gentleness & learning from our mistakes & humility & appreciation & wonder & mystery & enjoyment & satisfaction & acceptance & surprise & antiipation & boredom & fascination & how-could-I-forget gratitude etc."

"You should count yourself extremely lucky - I have bigger things to worry about. I have to worry about losing my mind completely!"

"Sing -> Modern world. Modern wiping. Modern world. Modern wiping."

You could easily sing most of these :)

"I would rather NOT be a genius. I would prefer to be an ordinary citizen in a society FAR more sensible & natural than this one is."

"I'm not interested in mere recovery - I won't settle for anything less-than a complete transformation!"

"Sometimes I like to be patiently observed while I am being patiently absurd."

"I think that I would really love to possess a totally spontaneous mind!"

"As long as your ego is in charge, frustration will be virtually inevitable - the only question is how often & how intensely you will experience that frustration."

"Once upon a tome, a man started to wonder if he could enter an hypnotic state by repeating this mantra 4 several minutes."

"Certain people are simply more challenging to love. Challenges help make life interesting & meaningful!"

Search for: Mind unleashed happiness

"You'll just have to be a little patient with me at the moment - I am still evolving ..."

"As long as your ego is in charge, frustration will be virtually inevitable - the only question is how often & how intensely you will experience that frustration."

"Certain people are simply more challenging to love. Chalenges make life interesting & meaningful!"

"If the Bible tells you that you should start to scream like the ONLY madman, you should always do what the Bible says."

"I've never really been interested in being normal."

"I guess it ALL boils down to one simple question: Do I intend to add to the level of emotional negativity in this world?"

"Bop-bopper-doo-bopper-doo-bop-bop!"

"Many more like that in Twyman scribble - remind me to type up a couple more ..."

"I'm just not interested in discussing other people's imperfections - it's bad karma."

"Meditation does work - the only remaining question is just how badly do you want to transform yourself ..."

"Drimble-drimble-drimble. Drimble-drimble-drimble. Drimble-drimble-drimble-drimble-drimble-drimble-drimble."

"You can be perfectly sane without necessarily being normal."

"Meditation is far more entertaining than watching the telly."

"A healthy belief system is one that helps you to become a kinder & more compassionate human being."

"Lyrics - advice - nonsense - poems - Twyman - Zen quotes - jokes ..."

"The tune will come to you when you are ready."

"Life is a poem which doesn't rhyme."

"Laughter really is the best medicine - life is simply far too important to take seriously!"

"That's just the human experience - every single individual human being is convinced that their ideas & opinions & beliefs are the right ones to have. A truly open mind is extremely rare - most of them go bananas!"

"Have you ever stoppped to contemplate your true potential - most people never do - that is why this society is an absolute lunatic asylum!"

"It's fairly simple really - as long as you insist on ignoring the spiritual aspect of your human nature you cannot expect to be truly joyful."

"The true miracle of human life is being able to transform negative attitudes & feelings into positive ones - through spiritual practices such as mindfulness & meditation & contemplation ..."

"This world is in the shape that it is in because most people are hiding from the truth - which is a crying shame because ONLY the truth can set you free ..."

"That's just the human experience - every single individual human being is convinced that their ideas & opinions & beliefs are the right ones to have! Truly open minds are a rare phenomenon."

"You could always do a Google search for human condition happiness - turns up some interesting sites!"

"Wubber-wubber-wubber. Wubber-wubber-wubber. Wubber-wubber-wubber. Wubber-wubber-wubber."

"Sing this song -> Woinger-woinger-woinger. Woinger-woinger-woinger. Woinger-woinger-woinger-woinger-woinger-woinger-woinger!"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More interesting emails ...

March journal ...

SLIGHT reprieve from intense heat but still wet t-shirrt on way 2 library - lovely & cool .... take valium & stay!!? --- toilet???

Here's todays browsing -

Empathy article at the always enlightening Mindful site ...

PLUS - a few anxiety meditations!

Permission to thrive! - for gang?

Forgot to add some of these in spare time thread ... not that I ever really ...

Spiritual emergency schizophrenia

Before trying to differentiate between psychosis and Emergence we should recognise that altered states ofconsciousness can also be caused by medical conditions, such as brain tumour or infection, diseases of otherorgans, or electrolyte imbalance. Appropriate medical examinations and tests are recommended to rule outbiological causes before a diagnosis of Spiritual Emergency can be formed.

Comes from this page - save??

Keep gettin distracted?

Schizophrenia transpersonal experience? - for gang??? or Sanghvi ...

VERY Bfirst I click on - scroll down 2 links such as Schizophrenia world!?

Online support schizophrenia??

Ali Lawler spiritual emergency?

Home again in the heat - more othello -

- it is 8-48 so I had BETTER get a couple of passes 2 have ANY chance ... wait-for-it ... OH-MY-LORD ... it gets precisely one move out of 8 and I romp in 50-14!!! One of the biggest trun-arounds ever played!!!

Next one - a little out-of-it?? ... forgot thedetails that lead to it grabbing 2 corners in 2 moves and sending me down to a score of 8-52!!! I get a pass but still looks about as likely as Jackie coming her and holding it :)

... NOW ... we have had some ties before but a tie from THAT far back is extraordinary ... :)

I may need some self compassion if it gets much warmer - how they work in these temps is beyond me ...

AT home - see shaman.txt - wow - yet to fully ---> gang??

At his site - blows me away - so spot on ... but I don't dare send it to the fragile egos ..

Just WHO the hell is writing this script ... see ... see everything edited today

The un-canny reality is I survived allllll SUMMER without air-con but March 1 is so uncomfy I got it working again ... now as long as we have no power failure I can sleep ... never even plugged it IN until 8 PM on second of 4 hot days ... :)

The third day defies description or belief as I sit here ... see Read!!!!.txt for most of it but mainly editing loads in Schizophrenia!.htm ... plus some othello classsics ... plus the parallels with Jackie and even saying how do you know for sure love will last - obviously in many cases it doesn't ... plus NO PENSION!!

See these from othello text -

You would think the classic contests can't be surpassed or approximated ... well ... he has lines of 5 and 6 from an exploitable position. I have one line of 5 and other edge is WBWW ... and AGAIN both diags are safe for both of us ... so do I exploit for a routine win? Or do I see how interesting I can maake it ... OH ... he may have had a raw deal this time! If i do a second safe diag, he can go to h2 giving me the corner at h1 but my line of 5 is b1 to f1 so he could exploit - but just visualising it I dont think my taking the corner will change the man at g2 with his safe diagonal from c6 to g2 ... sad for him to lose an interesting one? ... Score is 19-35 which unbelievably is the Dalai & Mum birth year!!!!

20-38 ... I get the surprise of my life ... I lost 30-34 and I do not know whether I made a mistake but I fully expected to get a few passes and it took a corner when my feeble little brain told me it was going to be my move again ... wow! Would LOVE to see an instant replay just as I would like to see ... Geoff ...

Yes - I lost when it got the final 2 after I expected to grab most of the final 6!!! Bizarrrrrrre!

Obviously IF I were playing for a huge some of money I would simply exploit his line of 5 and then 6 and an easy win ...

Then within an hour turned pc back on - I will be severely tested in power goes off!!!!! - no aircon and sleep without aircon is not hugely likely - not on the bed anyway ... let us see how the orthello goes ...

ADDDDDDDDING 2 the day's heroics - while I finallly sweat just a little - not nervous about Othello ... rescued For Jackie - lucky I used read!!!.txt - fuke really ... the bit about wedding vows!!! ... let us see what the othello turns up - 28-32 and I did not stop 2 record its blunders - why-on-earth would you go to spots like g1 or h7 early on - it is common but this time it meant I get 3 ridiculously easy corners and 28-32 becomes 48-16 ... and a little warm but still a near miracle I did not melt physically or emotionally - but unless aircon sleep is problematic for tonight!!!

"I'm not interested in recovery. I am interested in transformation!"

THIS day absolutely rivals yesterday - how am I not melting physically or psychologically more to the point!! :) ... loads more - probly TOOOOOO much for Jackie?? Oh well - you just never know ...

See exper.htm for the experiences site?? Plus this in readtxt -

Don't add this ... or do it???? -------> because they will NEVER admit is true!!!

Doctor Sanghvi is your typical conformist - he knows next to nothing yet he has enormous power to prescribe poisons for those poor souls who just don't think or act in a way that society approves of.

He's really just plain evil - just like any other conventional shrink. Someone should smadsh their skulls in with an AXE!!

Next day - March 4th - a cooler head - literally ...

Almost stuck some of these into interesting sites for usb - I did sart a recovery page for Jackie!

On the way to library! -

"That's just the human experience - every single individual human being is convinced that their ideas & opinions & beliefs are the right ones to have! Truly open minds are a rare phenomenon."

Mind unleashed happiness - yet to fully ...

Trivia human brain? - from reading that sports psychology boook! Then I pick up journal & WHY do I ever read anything but my own or Ricard or Tolle or Lorne or Lorna ...

See mental illness thread -

Thanks for sharing your story - I have had similar "luck" after being really messed up for a couple of decades.

Meditation has been the key for me - I doubt if I could have survived with most of my marbles if I hadn't been virtually forced to do "something" with my chaotic mind - not always plain sailing but I am more than content just at the moment.

Sounds like you have found the right "solution" for yourself. Hope it continues ...

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Great facts about brain!

And after I post!!! -----> great site about mind - gooogle??

If you do choose to read the following ideas - imagine that you are completely re-programming your subconscious mind. Now, some of you may find this difficult but with enough practice anything is possible ...

Boy ... plus font colour

March 5 and the surge is absurd - my mind is now so spontaneous I could very easily o around the bend - and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Award Winning Animator’s Short Film ‘Happiness’ Is Absolutely Brilliant

The Plodder :)

The web - for Pam?

You just will not believe the change of enthusiasm etc ... reading the 3 files for Jackie and thinking she won't something or other ... edit them all down??

Yes ... the best of it is okay? But myramblings about how mindful I have become ... if it were true and the heat ... then found this at that forum!! -

HUGE colection of resources for schizo recovery!

This flip-flop after days of total bliss ... maybe I mis-calculated again - no anger but not as trusting in the universe as I was ???

So ... frantically re-editing ... THEN!!! - added ascension stuff - a delusion?? :)

Now - March 6th -

Yes - quite deflated BUT ...... It turned around & never got into anger or depression at all and now I is up at 3:30 am ... wide-wide-wide awake and why not!!!

Great page of recovery sites from the forum ------> could take months?? - need 2 insert code to make it readable ... or saved it as text ...

Jungian therapy?? - quite a lot in that txt file!!!

Hi Denise & Mum & Steve!

When you say the get-together is "tomorrow" - does that mean Wednesday?

Have not heard a peep out of Mum or Steve in several days ...

Hope Denise & Ron's house is safe!

I will check emails again later - it is 3:30 am and I am wide-wide-wide awake and for once I got up and active ... may be zonked by tonight if this keeps up ...

Let me know - I will email steve anyway ...

If you have ooooodles of time - check this out -

More Resources for 'Schizophrenia' Recovery.

Cheers!

Yes ... if mood swings are an ascension indicator ... back to serenely flying :) ...

It IS a huge collection - just off-line ... eg -

Tamasin Knight's first book Beyond Belief explores ways of helping people who have unusual beliefs

Back to bed but wide awake so back onto the trusty pc ...

More for imaginary?? - I DID overreact - she may have enjoyed your compliments & your twisted spontaneous gibberish ...

In bed just now - more -

"Many people would really love 2 enjoy their lives but they're not sure what to do when the moment arrives."

"Why do people control their lives - I think they may belong to their wives!

Yes - I stillllll .... have time to edit the usb 4 Jackie .... ??? :)

About 4 hours in fact!

HOLY - Moley!!!!! ----- change of heart sparks phenomenal spontaneous typn at 3 - 5 am before wet day and Jackie & Family??

Yet I feel totally relaxed & mindful - as I tried 2 describe in this usb file :)

March 6th!!!! -

No sleep - just rested eyes and body from crouching ... then within 90 mins of seeing Jackie - ah! =

Reworked The Troubled Mind! - cos that got removed as well as the ego stuff??

Frantic but easily enuf time in the end ... read it!!! :) Mood well-and-truly recovered!!

Then Clayton and you would never dare writ this script - they waned to admit me to parc because I am too well!!! ...

Email the gang?

I suppose they considered me manic rather than euphoric but there is a world-of-difference

I did describe that my mood was 11 out of 10 and I have been sleeping barely 3 hours and been walking in 37 degress & NOT sweating ... and I have had stretches of writing at the computer that go maybe 4 hours ... I can understand their reaction and I wil make sure to "tone it down" if the CAT team visit me!

Then emails about endeavour!!!! - so have to ring melissa to say where I will be - overnight??

Stories of awakening for Jackie?? hmmm ... print the one on the usb??

They want to observe me to see if I do in fact CRASH like a drug addict!

And this is entirely new territory - I have never had this level of physical & psychological energy fr this long - it is totally un-charted teritory - Melissa will ring Mum - may turn out a good thing?

There is a world of diference between mania & euphoria and I better tone done my good moods or I will be committed!

The cause? ---> Maybe just maybe this is the result of over 30 years of dedicated & relentless meditation!!

what else - oh there was more ... but it promises 2 be an interesting evening. The un-shavedn face was a nice touch I may have subconsciously devised :)

I meditate - that is actually far better than sleep!

Cosmic Harmony?

Why on earth did I not agree - could be loooonies on my wavelength!!!! :)

May type more at mums ... :)

It really is a plot twist I never dared 2 imagine ...

From scribbled notes? -

You only need the techniques until it becomes second nature ...

"You better watch me VERY closely - if I get TOO excited you need to call the CAT team ...

Search?? -

Difference between euphoria & mania??

Damn ... I had more 2 add but forgot it ... go in anyway?? You can act crazy easily :)

Send troubled as is to gang & sang?? Why the heck not ... I am just the kind of individual who wants to prove everybody wrong!! :)

WELLLLL before pickup and still abundantly energetic ... wrote a couple of things down -

"I like to see it as the inevitable result of 30 years of relentless & enthusiastic meditation ..."

PLUS No Jackie next week!

Anything becomes effortless if you only do it often enough. That also applies to what sort of moods you can realistically expect to experience. Trouble is - I am living in a world of people with little or no imagination. This may protect them from imaginary worries but it is not THE most enjoyable way to spend yourr time on this planet.

"They are nice people and everything but none of them is even close to being on my wavelength ..."

"This is exactly the kind of PLOT twist my book needs!"

"It feels like being plugged-into God - the energy level is astounding ..."

God title 4 a book that!?

Still 2 hours to "kill" & chill before the real test with the ego-maniacs

Thread about being in hospital for feeling too good - it's just not normal!!

Wrote even more down -

Ah yes! A complete losing of track of time - 15 mins can seem like an hour or two minutes meditating can seem like 20 or 30 mins ...

"I've been PLAYING with madness for mor than 3 decades - you either get really burned or you get really inspired :)"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Should tell of Othello at 3 am :)

"Oh, some of my meditation & chanting is so eccentric people really would say I have lost ALL my marbles. It would get me committed ina heartbeat!"

There was more but you-know-my memory ...

JUST before I left - I supose it was only 4 hours socialising and responding to the ego-maniacs ...

"If you play with madness for over 30 years you learn a trick or two allong the way!"

Psychiatrists talk about mood disorders. From where I am standing it is normality that is the mood disroder and it is 100 percent fatal in every case!

"I have enough control that I can tone it down for other people so I don't freak them out or get myself committed!

"Playing with madness" - maybe a better title??

Then to cap an unreal day and an unreal week and basically perverse 6 or 7 months ... this is the email I send ...

Thanks! - links - check!!!!

Only one email to all of you. Hope that's okay.

Before I forget - I still don't have Kate's and Lewis email in my hotmail address book. So don't go thinking I am ignoring Kate or Lewis with the emails I send everyone else!

Anyways - thanks for the lovely food & drink. Denise's salad was tasty as was the soup.

Thanks to Kate for lending me "Minimalism" - may start on it tonight if I am not too tired. I have been WIDE awake since 3 AM and not crashing in mood or energy so far.

I think I need less sleep because I do so much meditating through the day. I like to do lots of short sessions whereas most monks do quite long meditations keeping mind & body as quiet as they can manage.

The podcast was interesting too - email me the details if that's okay.

I had a good session with the psychologist this morning - maybe I could get her hard at work analysing Denise's bizarre dreams! :)

Thanks for all the interesting stories - someone could write a book and maybe a best-selller - lots of drama and unexpected plot twists ...

Hope that al your doctor's appointments go well - I wouldn't fancy a 6-hour wait - I would be climbing the walls!

I am also benefiting from oing even more yoga than I used to - not so many niggly little aches and pains in my body. I do get a stiff neck if I forget to take breaks from the computer while I am writing. Here a silly little poem I wrote recently -

Blurred vision

I am just a psychological man
I love to live without the need to plan
When it gets hot I always use a fan
I wrote a book that no-one tried to ban

There are ways to improve your own lifespan
I keep my brain as tranquil as I can
I have never been to visit Japan
My arms & legs & head could use a good tan

I hope the dogs don't have any serious emotional scars from the little playing and biting games they are so fond of ...

I have also been busy playing Reversi on my computer - it takes mkinutes to learn but hundreds of games to develop any subtlety to your tactics. You can play it online - I prefer to play off-line with some free software I downloaded ages ago. I win maybe 55 to 60 pecent of the time. No two games are ever identical - a lot like chess but with less to remember.

Here's a few tips I found about maintaining good mental health -

31 Tips to Boost Your Mental Health

Sadly, that is all my feeble little brain can think of for the evening. I am looking forward to nicer walking weather the next couple of days!

Oh yes - if anyone wants to try reversi I charge 100 per hour for expert coaching. You can see it at a few sites - here is one that plays a decent game -

Play reversi online - Paste in!

Sleep tight!

STILL March 6th and no sign at all of me getting bored or tired or grumpy ...

Nearly ten PM and I aint taken meds yet!!! - cannot fathom how one extra pill could do this??? :)

March 7th -

We were BOTH wrong - I a up at 5 am and I only got 3 to 4 hours sleep but refreshed - so I neither crashed nor sustained myself at 11 out-of-ten

A few more thoughts - not that I ever really read ...

"The most awkward moments are when you really feel like bursting into laughter and everyone else is DEADLY serious!" :)

Denise? - reframe negative thoughts - or cognitive distortions

books2 link - click

So much 4 this - I wrote - I am curious to see JUST how long a mood can be extended while geting little or no sleep ... I use the word FLYING in my notebook a lot ... I actually wrote lose your marbles ...

From 1 hour in bed and nowhere near sleep at 11 pm ... "When you are in the zone, everything seems interesting no-matter-how mudane or ordinary it seems to most rational folk!"

I had something for troubled mind page - wait??

So after a spot of typing - in full gear - tracksuit & windcheater & winter sockies ...

First Othello of the day before 6 am ... been awake 2 or more hours already - hope the power doesn't go off ... 13-41 and concede firt corner but I may cash in real soon ... then weeeeeeird pass - I did not see it at all - I have a1 to f6 diag and it has oh what ... the vacant ones are a7 a8 b7 and g7 g8 h8 and I went to g7 and hear the sound for a pass - quite surprised - not quite as surpised as Jackie coming here and bouncing! ... 44-19 final - with h8 vacant! Nice enough but not so memorable as some in past days ... irony??

Hardly remember typing that last bit - now !2:30 after lunch and cat team are coming ... :)

My ideas keeeeeep coming too -

"Can I ring the Cat team at 4 am if I am wide awake and bored?"

"Oh, it's an IMPOSSIBLE job - how can you possibly predict who is likely to be a danger to others ..."

New Buddha figure - very cheerful! - leave my bowl at Mums !!

"I've ONLY had schizophrenia for 35 years. I'm not an expert ..."

"I have so much energy it s almost scary. I have rad that if you do enough medition over your life some amazing things start 2 happen 2 your body & your mind."

"Most people have the completely wrong idea of what mediation is all about. It is not simply a matter of relaxing & chilling out. It is about gradually transforming you negative thoughts & attitudes into positib=ve ones."

""

Oh ... nearly forgot my usb - here is a fabulous library session March 7 -

For 1-3-19 journal - for gang -

Reframe negative thoughts

Happiness basics - or greater good??

Power of positivity happiness

Happiness learn new things - a few already!! - for thread ...

Happify may be best - can't realllly go past Greater Good ... hmmm :)

What is happpiness?

WOW!!!!!!!!! --------> Leunigs - from plodder pasting ..

THIS is also a classsssic!

The latest illustrations from artist Michael Leunig

Prayers from Leunig

To undertake the journey without understanding the destination - for gang?

A cartoonist talks to God - also Google books!!

Ascension symptoms let go stories holding you back - from an email!

Leads here !!!

Spiritual awakening insanity - tooooo late ... a bit rushed ----> looks plenty!

Download within you!

Almost forgot - schizo quotes to gang??? from which file? --- recovery htm???

Editor's Pick: Positive Quotes on Living with Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Schizophrenia quotes -

A Look Inside the Mind of Schizophrenia

Even though Dr. Torrey wrote this part in the book’s first edition in 1983, I think it still applies today. Though we’ve made advances in treatment and some strides in minimizing stigma, people with schizophrenia still face little empathy or even sympathy from others — in addition to the devastating symptoms they deal with on a daily basis.

That’s why, today, I’d like to share with you several excerpts from Torrey’s book in hopes that they’ll help us to better understand the disorder and be able to put ourselves in the shoes of someone with schizophrenia.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Jokes aside about treating yo’ self, surprisingly, the research has shown that you need to have small wins along the way in order to be truly happy — across many different domains, happiness is more strongly associated with the frequency than the intensity of people’s positive effective experiences.

This is confirmed by many studies dealing with SWLS (Satisfied With Life Scale), which shows that regular small pleasures had a bigger impact on happiness than fewer larger ones. Perhaps this is why it’s often so difficult to put off what we want now for what we want later, so beware of the trap here: tough accomplishments that have to be earned oftentimes result in a happier day-to-day (working hard to get a promotion, start a successful business, win an award, get in shape, etc.)

In what is one of the funniest excerpts I’ve ever stumbled on in a psychology book, Stumbling on Happiness shares this excerpt from a study that shows why the happiest people often only had 1 sexual partner in the past 12 months:

https://www.sparringmind.com/be-happy/

:)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Dont stop now, you are on a roll.

I have schizophrenia myself, and i was an avid note taker.

I started taking abilify, and many of my notes i threw out. Now i like to keep things short and sweet!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Dont stop now, you are on a roll.

I have schizophrenia myself, and i was an avid note taker.

I started taking abilify, and many of my notes i threw out. Now i like to keep things short and sweet!

Thanks for your support!

Writing is cheap therapy for me!

:)