• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent library sessions -

Here's a few - just a TINY fraction - of the random thoughts that just pop into my head when I least expect it -

Let's actually start with some advice Jacqueline gave me at our very first meeting - whenever I am strugggling with my thoughts - just remind myself that it's all part of the journey towards enlightenment even if that seems a million-miles-away!

Okay ... back to my stuff - again I take almost ZERO "credit" for these ideas - just like my poems I have little control over what pops into my mind in any-given-moment!

"If we all simply followed the Golden Rule, it would absolutely transform life on this planet"

Reminds me of a book by Gary Zukav - here he is on YouTube - click here

"Suffering can make you all bitter & twisted or it can make you far more compassionate. I have experienced both extremes in a single life-time!"

"There is a lot of tension in this world at-the-moment for the simple reason that most people are nowhere near as compassionate as they could possibly be."

"I agree with Eckhart Tolle in his writings - the human ego is THE bigest trouble-maker on this planet and we really need to do something about it."

Click here if you are curious about his teachings.

"Once upon a time, a man went totally berserk trying to get his poor, old brain 2 work!"

Remind me to put a couple more of those "mantras" - or just try Googling "Gibberish meditation" :)

I was just looking over some of my old "stuff" and had almost forgotten about this book few have heard of - I photocopied it years ago when I found it in the library and that was fortunate because when I went back to look for it no sign of it - maybe someone liked it so much they kept it ... anyway, the book is called "The Troubled Mind" by Solomon Snyder.

It was THE first book that even hinted that the phenomenon known as "schizophrenia" may not be properly understood by the mental health experts. Make up your own mind - here's a taste -

Since the beginnings of recorded history, man has been fascinated with the insane, with their deranged feeling, thinking, and behaviour. Insane people with fanciful delusions have at times attracted large numbers of adherents, who looked upon their psychotic leaders as prophets or as saviours of some sort. The alluring properties of the "prophet's" message may be more than just a beckoning of a way to escape from the boredom of everyday life. I suspect that many followers are riveted by a peculiarly intoxicating quality of psychotic ecstasy conveyed by the "mad" leader.

The psychiatric disease that converts man into an other-worldly creature - at once wiser than the wisest of the sane and yet so deeply troubled that he suffers more than a terminal cancer patient - is surely schizophrenia. Because of his bizarre loss of contact with everyday reality, the schizophrenic can appeal to us as a messiah bearing the message of the infinite. For our conception of the universe is bounded by the straitjacket of conventional thinking processes. A schizophrenic's self-perception is so fragmented that he seems to function at a different plane of consciousness from the rest of humanity. Some psychiatrists who have dealt extensively with schizophrenics even wonder whether the schizophrenic's "psychotic" perception of the world might not conform more to ultimate reality than does our sane vision.

May put more of my favourite quotes down the bottom of this page but getting back to my greatest "hits" -

"We do TEND to reserve our fondest thoughts for those who agree with us and who are most like us."

"People would treat each other FAR better if they fely genuinely happy within themselves."

"Love yourself with your imperfections so you can love other people with their imperfections."

"Conduct experiments on your own mind - that means observing your thoughts as they come and go and discovering which thoughts lead to peace-of-mind and which thoughts disturb your peace-of-mind - you may discover that peace of mind comes from thoughts of compassion, forgiveness, kindness & gratitude."

That's a paraphrasing of some of the Dalai Lama's advice ... if you wanna see more - try this site -

Click here

"You can't REALLY walk a mile in someone else's shoes unless you ACTUALLY become the other person. So, you would think and act exactly the same way they do."

"Criticising other people 4 their flaws & inadequacies is the perfect way to sabotage your own happiness. That is why this world is the way it is ...""

"Life is a series of opportunities to practice unconditional compassion."

"Be kind & gentle & patient with yourself - and with everybody else!"

"A good belief system is one that helps you to become a kinder & gentler & more comassionate human being."

"Many people are frustrated by their own suffering - even if it just the subtle suffering of not experiencing all the happiness you can imagine."

"Unfortunately it is fairly rare for people to respond to negativity with compassion."

"Many people experience a very poor quality of life because they are filled with SO much negativity."

"If it were easy to change your way of thinking, there would be no unhappy people in the world. After all, nobody in their right mind actually wants to be miserable."

"Without compassion, your relationships are likely to be stressful & difficult."

"You cannot expect to experience your full human potential as long as you insist on complaining or blaming or criticising your fellow-travellers."

"With an attitude like that, all you are really doing is sabotaging your own happiness."

"The kindest thing you could do for most people would be to show them how to develop wisdom & compassion because you know that they won't be truly happy until they do."

"What do I think? I think you take your opinions WAY too seriously. Most people do - that is why there are so FEW genuinely happy people in this world."

There is much more I could include but that may be enough 4 now ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a few of the hundreds of places in cyberspace that I have visited over the years ... a full-list would keep you out-of-mischief for days or months!

Guide to happiness

I may give you a few more youtube pages - I am not addicted - I can stop ANY time I choose!

Greater Good is another wonderful site - Stacey Kennelly is one of their contributors

Tiny Buddha has a LOAD of great stuff - also checkout the menus at top-of-page!

There are also hundreds of contributions from a huge range of people - I could overwhelm you by sending all-of-them now but I am dfeeling kind at the moment so I will just post a couple ...

Learning acceptance

Amongst the several dozen books I have enjoyed over the past three-decades this is one of the best But I also like Power of Now & Conversations with God & The Lost Art of Compassion & many others!

Happiness pledge

How to Be Happy: The Fine Print - also from The Greater Good site!

I could always include some of the "alternative views" on mental Illness that I have found - quite a few - I think I told you about "Successful Schizophrenia" so here it is - it was the first glimpse I ever had that gave me real hope ...

Successful Schizophrenia

Check-out their books page too!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a few quotes I like - you can find dozens & dozens more at sites such as www.livinglifefully.com and www.tinybuddha.com

Firstly 2 by George Orwell:

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

"All writers are vain, selfish and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery. Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand."

From R.D. Laing -

"Modern society clamps a straitjacket of conformity on every child that's born. In the process, man's potentialities are devastated and the terms 'sanity' and 'madness' become ambiguous. The schizophrenic may simply be someone who has been unable to suppress his normal instincts and conform to an abnormal society."

Here's an excerpt from the script of the movie "Network" with Peter Finch. I'd like to get the book – I'm not sure who wroted it:

"I'm imbued with some special spirit. It's not a religious feeling at all. It's a shocking eruption of great electrical energy. I feel vivid and flashing as if suddenly I've been plugged into some great electromagnetic field. I feel connected to all living things – to flowers, birds … all the animals of the world. I'm linked to some great unseen living force – what I think the Hindus call Prana. But it's not a breakdown. I've never felt more orderly in my life. It is a shattering and beautiful sensation. It is the exulted flow of the space-time continuum, save that it is spaceless and timeless and of such loveliness … I feel on the verge of some great ultimate truth…."

"If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

~ Thomas Szasz

If you was interested I have compiled a larger selection in a file called "Words of Wisdom".

"There is in every madman a misunderstood genius whose idea, shining in his head, frightened people, and for whom delirium was the only solution to the strangulation that life had prepared for him."

"And what is an authentic madman? It is a man who preferred to become mad, in the socially accepted sense of the word, rather than forfeit a certain superior idea of human honor. So society has strangled in its asylums all those it wanted to get rid of or protect itself from, because they refused to become its accomplices in certain great nastinesses. For a madman is also a man whom society did not want to hear and whom it wanted to prevent from uttering certain intolerable truths."

Both by Antonin Artaud

"A friend is someone you can be alone with and have nothing to do and not be able to think of anything to say and be comfortable in the silence."

~ Sheryl Condie

"A friend is one who joyfully sings with you when you are on the mountaintop, and silently walks beside you through the valley."

~ William A. Ward

"Mindfulness is being aware of yourself, others, and your surroundings in the moment. When consciously and kindly focusing awareness on life as it unfolds minute by precious minute, you are better able to savor each experience. Also, being closely attentive gives you the opportunity to change unwise or painful feelings and responses quickly. In fact, being truly present in a mindful way is an excellent stress reducer and, because of that, can be seen as consciousness conditioning, a strengthening workout for body, mind, heart, and spirit."

~ Sue Patton Thoele

“Meditation is like giving a hug to ourselves, getting in touch with that awesome reality in us. While meditating we feel a deep sense of intimacy with God, a love that is inexplicable.”

Paramhamsa Yogananda

"Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won't)."

~ James Baraz

"Willingly greeting our fears and weaknesses with openness, acceptance, and respect is one of the hardest tasks mindfulness asks of us and one of the most freeing practices we can undertake. Sitting in stillness with our sorrow and shame, our fear and judgment laid bare is an act of courage."

~ Sue Patton Thoele

If you're learning, growing and trying new things - expect mistakes. They're a natural part of the learning process. In fact, someone once said, "If you're not making at least 50 mistakes a day, you're not trying hard enough." What the person meant, we think, is that growth, discovery and expansion have mistakes built into them.

To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all.

~ John-Roger and Peter McWilliams

"There is something quite powerful and life-giving in the act of giving thanks. It is a lot like recharging a battery. As you open your mind and let your heart sing for joy, you can receive a recharging of spiritual energy in your mind, body, spirit, and activities of your daily life. There is no greater tonic and perhaps no more potent tonic for our spirit than gratitude. When we are grateful for the blessings we already have, our very attitude of gratitude attracts extra good to us. Thanksgiving is like a powerful magnet that can draw us to friends, love, peace, joy, health, and material good."

~ John Marks Templeton

I have plenty more but I figured I would stop there ...

Here's a little taste of the kind of things I like 2 post 2 the Spiritual Forum -

Don't feel obligated to read every post - some of them are long - just look for Geoff-Allen because he is one of the few human beings that actually makes sense!

Are we asking the wrong questions

Posts about treating people with kindness

Gratitude thread that I started - then just kept finding places on the web that say gratitude is one of the keys to peace-of-mind.

This one is a bit long too - poems etc about the experience of schizophrenia - at its worst & at its best!

A thread with a little of everything - YouTube and philosophy and quotes you won't see in most books ... also some of the greatest genius who EVER held a tennis racquet. It is rather long so don't feel you are obligated to read them all ...

Looking for a few laughs?

A thread focusing on man's best friend

That is probly MORE than enough at this stage. It's good to see a range of opinions & beliefs even if some of the people get a little heated at times :)

Check-out "The Adventure of being human" - if I remember to edit it and stick it on this usb ... it's a mind-blower - well it WAS for me - your experience may not be the same :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
96a42158dfc4f0b2214ec5485191f24e.jpg

More here -

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/173670129365808019/

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Unattractive people probably want sex at least as much as the attractive people but they usually have 2 settle for far-less than what they would really prefer.""

These following are just my latest hunches - HARD to go past happiness hits!!! ... also hard to do much bettter than the mindfulness required to ask whether your thoughts & words & deeds are motivated by the big 4 as much as you can manage ...

How to raise happiness set point

Soul awakening - a few?

Become a better human being

Raise children to be happy

Happiness mastery mind

universoulawakening quotes?

Better way to pursue happiness - from hits?

How to raise happiness set point?

Questions happy life? - for questions htm tooo???

"Once upon a time, my little doctor showed me how 2 SCREAM like the only madman."

"WIRE - flow plus pattern!"

Then for settle for happiness thread? - some of above ...

And yet the project of being good is as vital, or even more important, for the individual and society as is the project of being healthy. Yet while we have no problem with going to the gym to get fitter, it sounds deeply weird, even creepy, to suggest that one might ‘work’ at being better or nicer.

How to Become a Better Person - The Book of Life

Do a thread???

CALL it ten virtues for the modern age???? ---->

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Library Jan 21st!

Curious link for the guide2! - mindful.org curious?

Let's get curious - a great site! - do a thread!!

Meditation Tips for People Who Don’t (Yet) Like to Meditate

Meditation Is Not Boring! - page also has a few books!

Transforming problems into happiness

become your own therapist

Ways to Create Good Karma

Before reading this article, take a few deep breaths and relax a bit. This article is not written to your intellect. It is addressed to someone deeper within you. Read slowly. Do your best to just read it without judgment, and soon you will begin to feel the real possibility for the transformation you have been seeking.

Click here for the full article!

Scientific Reasons to Start Meditating Today

Communicate with your higher self

Communicating and Working With Your Higher Self and Angelic Guides

Meditation awakening - and the suggestions google comes up with ... for example -

Excellent article - all about spiritual awakening! - yet to fully explore!

PASTE the above into spare time?? plus schizo??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Been slack in updating this - images - stay well - wrong questions etc etc ...

Then while updating happy-thread text - all these

Jan 27th!!! -

I suppose I ought 2 update this - the latest always seem better ... and how OFTEN do I actually visit all the sites I discover - let alone commit to memory ...

Anyway - Greater Good happiness greatest hits is all you need reeally - yet 2 fully ...

BUT may as well - next time I am on-line ... 30 replies so far - and for once it isn't just me and my sites!

Try these too -

Huff htm -

21 Habits Of Supremely Happy People

NOT 2 mention the links - many!!

And finally from today - mind maps - pasted this to happy thread -

Happiness Mind Map

Happiness habits gratitude - another hunch? I have been SO spot on often this year alone!!

Happiness lessons - not just the htm on my pc??

Next on-line I may select best of those 2 - scroll down to bottom of this page - Jan 27 2019 -

Am I able to love myself with all of my positive and negative qualities?

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/9417/questions-about-life/

Happiness articles at that site! -

Happiness Archives | A Conscious Rethink

The Happiness Myth

Blog | The Happiness Myth

From my beginner's guide to reality ...

Happiness set of skills that can be taught

Brene Brown happiness

World's happiest man - a few!

Happiness resources - an inspired choice!? - yet 2 fully explore them all ...

Embrace your vulnerabilities

Enjoy your day!

Scroll down ...

Same day/session!! - who am i - a few but ... ah ... spiritual book who am i - a few ! - for the thought provoking thread ... --->

Includes best spiritual books ... a search?

A search with Ramana Maharshi finally nails it - free stuff online??

Scroll down ...

In this entertaining and inspiring book, Bob Goff reveals what it means to love without inhibition, insecurity, or restriction. The book will teach you how to love people, even the difficult ones, without distinction and without limits. It is number 12 -

25 Best Spiritual Books About Life, Death and Love

Great site - happiness??

Nah ... but does pop up this -

Practical happiness advice (positivity blog)

Scroll down ...

Jan 27 2019 -

Happiness habits gratitude - another hunch? I have been SO spot on often this year alone!!

Happiness lessons - not just the htm on my pc??

Here are a couple to catch my eye -

WOW - the hunch was SPOT on - i just say look at first page of google and maybe beyond it ...

From about position 16 this time - try -

Good life zen happiness - which in turn argh :) leads to --->

Laura Tong happiness

Elana Miller happiness

7 Persistent Myths that Could Destroy Your Happiness

Plus links at bottom! plus -

Success consciousness happiness - looooks JUST as promising as any - hardly need to paste in more links from that happy thread!!?

Then - Zen psychiatry happiness - looks just as good?? More than just Elana site ...

AGAIN The verrrry first could be a new thread - or that old thread?

Zen and the Art of Awe

The tyranny of relentless positivity
How about just positivity happiness??? - worth a shot ... :)

Zen and the art of awe -

Zen and the art of awe

Enjoy!

SEnt to gang too ...

THIS WAS FAST becoming ridiculous even BEFORE remembering all these!!!! ---->

Path to happiness resources

Very well mind happiness

What I have learned about happiness

Spirituality Practice - joy gallery plus reviews!

Living life fully happiness

Tiny Buddha happiness plus quotes ...

Soup! - search then contents of each - 4 per library (month - lucky!)

Dalai Lama happiness (compassion)

World's happiest man! - or -

Ricard happiness advice

Words of Wisdom plus pdf!!

psychcentral happiness

Psychology Today happiness

Happiness habits gratitude

Ah!!! ---> mindful - several!!

Plus recent updates - esp A few images htm!!!

That is enough ...

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Now Feb 27 - what a week - email to Lori? - may paste in .... plus interesting sites to gang plus "True confessions of a recovering ego-maniac"

Here is the email - an might be a reasonable intro to my book -

For Lori email1!!
My 35-year journey through schizophrenia
Hi Lori - make links clickable!!
I am a HUGE fan of your site - congratulations on what you have done with it - I have found many useful articles & much wisdom from a variety of people!
I live in Australia and it's hot down here at the moment.
I had a quick look around your site and was wondering if you have had "life stories" of anyone who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia is regarded as a very serious psychiatric disorder experienced by about one percent of the human population.
I was diagnossed way back in 1983 and it has been a memorable journey so far and I continue to grow and evolve.
There are many views about schizophrenia and how to help those who suffer with it. If you search the web for -
Spiritual emergency schizophrenia
You turn up some interesting sites.
I have been "to Hell and back" so many times over the course of the past 35 years of psychotic experiences. It is a miracle I am still here and I still have MOST of my marbles :)
The experience of schizophrenia has been a metamorphosis for me and I am not the only one.
I used to be as angry & cynical as anyone who has ever walked on this planet. I figured that would never change but somehow my instincts prompted me to meditate and find some relief from the painful, judgemental thoughts that I wrestled with on a regular basis.
I am now have been transformed and I try to see the Divine in every human being no matter how "obnoxious" they may be.
I have written a book about my experiences - well - I am still editing it at the moment.
Here are a few examples of what I have "learned" through my various experiences -
***************** Stuff from memory Hmmm ... :)
I really do believe we are all born with the same potential to experience unconditional love - we just haven't figured out the best way to help everyone experience their potential. Many souls are hard at work trying to wake us all up from our slumber.
I try to laugh at all the hilarious antics of my ego - it really is a situation-comedy but for most of the past 35 years or more, I couldn't see the funny side of it at all.
My instincts have guided me through a series of nightmarish experiences that I still cannot believe I have made it "out" and am feeling the way I do.
Unfortunately many people with schizophrenia aren't so fortunate and they end up hospitalised or worse. I have had enormous support from my family - I must have done something nice in a previous life to have received such help when I really needed it!
More? - from memory ... argh! :)
I only hope to help people through my writing - if I can totally transform my massive ego there must be hope for everyone ...
If you or your readers are interested I can email you several sites that give a different picture of schizophrenia that conventional psychiatric wisdom. Schizophrenia may just be one of the most mis-understood phenomena in the world.
One is simply called "Successful schizophrenia".
Here is one of their pages -
Messages, Insights and Wisdom from "Psychiatric Survivors" -
Messages, Insights and Wisdom: Archives
Schizophrenia awakening mind?
I just hope to help people find the courage to battle their inner demons. I was as lost as any soul could ever be ... or imagine themselves to be ...
Schizophrenia at its worst can be absolutely terrifying experience! Mine sure was!
I really wrestled with the question of whether to include some of the darkest thoughts I had about my life & humanity in general. I was often very angry and wanted other people to suffer as much as me. The language in places is very cynical and very harsh in its criticism of people and their flaws ...
In the end I did include some of the worst things that occupied my mind - I guess it is one more example of how-low-you-can-go and still bounce back better than ever!
Here is a poem I wrote many years ago that may give readers some inkling as to what the experience is like -
Schizophrenia
I used to walk down the street
And scream at everyone I meet
So they locked me away
From the world ev'ry day
I crawled through the walls
So they showed me some normals
They strangled my mind
To help me unwind
I used to think I was a robot from outer space
With wires in my head and a little plastic face
I used to believe that I had such magic powers
Which I would gladly practice for many hours
I used to think ants were crawling on my brain
I stared at the world and only saw the pain
I used to see monsters and ghosts everywhere
I stayed inside and I continued the stare
I am a human experimental life-form
My blood flows backwards to keep me warm
People ask me if I can save the world
I tell them to leave all the flags unfurled
People ask me about my frozen lifetime
I tell them their world has no reason or rhyme
There is a very "special" version of this poem which has quite a few more verses ... but we don't want this email to get much longer
I have written over 200 poems (since having a spontaneous & totally unexpected "spiritual awakening" on a psych ward - there's a poem about that as well :) - some are more light-hearted than others. If you or your readers want a copy just email me - it would be my pleasure.
Send her the interesting sites - why not - I have a million more where they came from :)
PLUS I DO NOT think I have ever seen an article about ascension symptoms! --->
Symptoms of Awakening • The Awakened State is a doozy!
Also ascension symptoms mood swings!
********* Include my email if people want a copy of my "book" - as is ... :)
ATTACH interesting sites?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Schizo part 1

Just been surfing a bit lately - February 2019

Why Letting Ourselves Feel Bad Is the Key to Feeling Better - plus links in the text!

How We Avoid Our Feelings and How Embracing Them Sets Us Free

You’re allowed to be a person who doesn’t have all the answers yet - also mentions a book ...

Life is too short to argue & fight

Sometimes things just happen to us that we don't understand

The Greater Good site has a bunch of articles - yet 2 fully explore ...

Become your best possible self

The power of self compassion

A wonderful video on the subject - I watched the 19 min version but loads of others to choose from ...

What is so great about happiness?

"Be kind & gentle & patient with yourself & with everybody else!"

Handle difficult people

Advice about dealing with adversity - 3 pages worth in fact ...

Try- human condition happiness

World transformation movement - out to save the world?

Happiness Toolbox

The logical song

The Chicken Soup for the Soul books - plus their menus ... could spend ages in there ...

Power of gratitude - from a search of the newsletters

Messages, Insights and Wisdom from "Psychiatric Survivors"

Forgive yourself for not knowing better at the time

Love Like Someone’s Life Depends on It

Loads more at Tiny Buddha - plus try the menus at top-of-page

Let’s Send Love to Every Person Who Is Battling Depression

Psychology facts - many 2 choose from ...

Dreams & the unexplained

None of us is perfect

True enough but certain imperfections DO tend to get judged more harshly than others ...

Ironic timing for this discussion

Yes - do we actually have free "choice" of attitude & belief & personality & behaviour or are we simply the result of our conditioning by positive or negative experiences? Does anyone actually "choose" to be evil or is it the result of their suffering they have experienced ... hmmm ...

From "The Lost Art of Compassion" -

Often it is difficult people who are suffering the most intensely and who are therefore most in need of compassion

Page 246 -

When you view yourself and others as sacred, then you naturally see beyond any temporary limitations and negativities to each person's underlying vast potential.

Happiness comes from living in the moment

Retain a sense of wonder -

If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life as an unfailing antidote against the boredom and disenchantment of later years, the sterile preoccupation with things that are artificial, the alienation from the sources of our strength.

~ Rachel Carson

Magic is a sudden opening of the mind to the wonder of existence. It is a sense that there is much more to life than we usually recognize; that we do not have to be confined by the limited views that our family, our society, or our own habitual thoughts impose on us; that life contains many dimensions, depths, textures, and meanings extending far beyond our familiar beliefs and concepts.

~ John Welwood

These quotes also try to capture the wonder of life

Living Life Fully is a site with many thoughts about wonder - plus dozens of other categories!

The habits of very happy people

Here are some mystery quotes

The Dalai Lama says that compassion is one key to happiness

He is also on YouTube

Yes - if anyone is a walking & talking advertisement 4 their spiritual practice ... :)

How to be your own best friend

Ultimate guide to emotional intelligence!

Look for wonder in the smallest things

Happiness lessons we can all learn from a dog :)

What Happens When You Embrace Dark Emotions?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"All writers are vain, selfish and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery. Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand."

George Orwell

(Shaw) all progress depends on the unreasonable man - google?

“If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the Muses, believing that technique alone will make him a good poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the performances of the inspired madman.”

~ Socrates

Fabulous collection of articles from the Greater Good site!

Learn from our mistakes - added to spare time thread ...

Tiny Buddha interview

Details about a book at that Tiny Buddha site

Speaking of books - there are more - scroll down this page - click -:)

Mistakes teach us to accept ourselves and that we can be flawed and be loved - great tips!

How to handle anger

Embrace who you are

31 days of self-love - for the lovely Jackie

The emotions beyond happiness

More advice on improving your mood - plus the links in the article!

Mindfulness is not about accessing bliss — it’s about tamping down on the temptation to opt out of the unpleasant and only seek the pleasant. The result? A healthier relationship with your thoughts and your emotions, no matter what comes your way.

Here is the rest -

Click here

Be good to yourself

Great quotes about overcoming difficulties/handicaps!!

Self-acceptance advice

If your spirits need a lift ... try this huge collection at trans4mind! -

Images & quotes

Read 4 free stories daily at library - the power of gratitude!

One of the reasons it's important to accept all aspects of yourself is that it allows you to be easier on yourself, more compassionate. When you act or feel insecure, rather than pretending to be "together," you can open to the truth and say to yourself, "I'm feeling a little frightened and that's okay."

If you're feeling a little jealous, greedy, or angry, rather than deny or bury your feelings, you can open up to them, which helps you move through them quickly and grow beyond them. When you no longer think of your negative feelings as a big deal, or as something to fear, you will no longer be as frightened by them. When you open to the totality of your being you no longer have to pretend that your life is perfect, or even hope that it will be. Instead you can accept yourself as you are, right now."

~ Richard Carlson

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

More on that theme - click here

From "Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard -

Everybody (or almost everybody) is interested in happiness. But who is interested in enlightement? The very word itself seems exotic, vague and distant. And yet ultimate well-being comes from fully eliminating delusions and mental toxins, and thus suffering. Enlightenment is what Buddhism calls the state of ultimate freedom that comes with a perfect knowledge of the nature of mind and of the world of phenomena. The traveler has awakened from the sleep of ignorance, and the distortions of the psyche have given way to a correct vision of reality. The divide between subject and object has vanished in the understanding of the interdependence of all phenomena. A state of non-duality has been achieved, above and beyond the fabrications of the intellect and invulnerable to afflictive thoughts. The sage has come to see that the individual self and the appearances of the world of phenomena have no intrinsic reality. He understands that all beings have the power to free themselves from ignorance and unhappiness, but that they don't know it. How could he fail to feel infinite and spontaneous compassion for all those who, spellbound by ignorance, wander lost in the trials of samsara?

liveby.jpg

A late teacher of mine, Shengdrak Rinpoche, lived on the mountainous border between Nepal and Tibet for more than thirty years. He told me that when he began his retreats as a teenager, he experienced some very hard years. His emotions were so powerful he thought he would go mad. And then, little by little, as he learned the various ways of dealing with the emotions, he acquired inner freedom. Ever since, every moment has been nothing but pure joy for him. And it showed! He was one of the most simple, light-hearted and comforting people I've ever met. I felt as if outward difficulties would slide off him like water off a rose petal. When he spoke, his eyes sparkled with delight and he gave such an impression of buoyancy that I expected him to fly off like a bird.

Few of us would regret the years it takes to complete an education or master a crucial skill. So why complain about the perseverance needed to become a well-balanced and truly compassionate human being.

A review of Matthieu's book

Worst things to say to someone who is suffering from depression

How can we help deeply wounded persons? By giving them enough love so that some peace and trust can grow in their hearts. How can they help themselves? By engaging in a meaningful dialogue with a human and warm-hearted psychologist using methods that have proven to be efficient, such as cognitive therapy and by cultivating loving-kindness, compassion and mindfulness.

~ Matthieu Ricard

The golden rule

“Toxic” People Often Need Compassion the Most

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.”

Improve your mental health

More happiness tips

Life will give you whatever experience is the most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness - even if it doesn't exactly thrill you-in-the-moment :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Dave Allen - no relation? -

First man: "The secret of life is to never disagree with anyone."

Second man: "That's NOT the secret of life!

First man: "Okay -that's not the secret of life."

Why many of us are un-happy!

A few more images from the web ...

Some google searches you may care to try

Buddha doodles - may paste a couple in?

You don't need 2 go 2 India 2 find a guru

More cartoons from an Aussie legend ...

What 2 do about your negative thoughts - plenty at that site!

Happiness Techniques From Around The World That Can Change Your Life

20 Profound Quotes By Carl Jung That Will Help You To Better Understand Yourself

Looks a huge site - collective evolution suffering - several ... or try happiness - again loads to chose from ...

What Annoying Situations Teach Us about Ourselves

Messages, Insights and Wisdom from "Psychiatric Survivors"

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went

Update Feb 25th -

Try these searches to see what you may find -

The power of self compassion

Love letters to strangers

Jung shadow work

Jung quotes - which is best?

Jung Everything irritates us lead to understanding ourselves.

Successful schizophrenia

Tiny Buddha most important things people we love

Being crazy in a sick society is actually healthy

Greater Good cultivate happiness

Handle your inner critic

amigoingmad.com.au

Jung madness not to be feared

Dog quotes - paste in images?

"When a man enjoys his lunch - he has something nice to munch - and it makes a lovely crunch!"

Feb 25th also the date I re-wrote the start of my book and changed the title to "True confessions of a recovering ego-maniac".

Should put a link in - now I CAN put the dark & light sides together?? Hmmm ...

Library Feb 27th!

Wow!! - unbelievable session - post a heap of these and strength.txt to forum ??? Sheee - with heat comin - oh well! :)

file:///D:/

Email plus journal - post traumatic growth

Onto card - best of self-comp txt - think??

How to foster resilience in yourself - several -

Use These 10 Tips to Improve Your Resilience is excelllent - paste? argh :) for a card - or a sheet of paper!! Why not!

Call it strength.txt

Add this -

These 9 Beliefs Block Your Path to Inner Peace

NOT a lot at tiny about schizo - forum?? ---> SURELY nobody has a more extraordinaary tale 2 tell!!!

Hey - spiritual awakening schizophrenia

Do you need a teacher, healer & guide - email?? -

Alloya - [email protected]

EVEN more for our page -

Collective evolution ascension

Ascension mood swings!

Symptoms page - wow - see below! Shrink? Jackie? :)

Incredible session -

Symptoms of Awakening • The Awakened State

A Practical Guide To Reframing Your Thoughts And Making Yourself Happier - excellent guide ...

Spiritual guide

A meeting place for spiritual people - has a menu item mental illness - worth a looook ... :)

Schizophrenia or an advanced spiritual state? | Gurusfeet.com

Google - self compassion exercises Kristin Neff

Checkout self compassion break - 5 mins?? - see below - youtube? - yes - same - self compassion break

Email me if you want more info -

[email protected]

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy morning ...

Spiritual emergency schizophrenia

Before trying to differentiate between psychosis and Emergence we should recognise that altered states ofconsciousness can also be caused by medical conditions, such as brain tumour or infection, diseases of otherorgans, or electrolyte imbalance. Appropriate medical examinations and tests are recommended to rule outbiological causes before a diagnosis of Spiritual Emergency can be formed.

Comes from this page - save??

Keep gettin distracted?

Schizophrenia transpersonal experience? - for gang??? or Sanghvi ...

VERY first I click on - scroll down 2 links such as Schizophrenia world!?

Online support schizophrenia??

Ali Lawler spiritual emergency?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Abstract: Much needless suffering results from ignorance of the multidimensional nature of the human personality, human psyche or ‘human nature’. Insights on the nature of human nature are revealed by combining Western scientific research with new concepts provided by Eastern psychologies such as Buddhism. These insights can be applied to the study of the healthy healing process involving psychic overload of uncontrollable spiritual growth i.e. spiritual emergency or so-called 'schizophrenia'.

Schizophrenia is not a 'mental illness' but an intense transpersonal or ‘spiritual’ experience involving spiritual awakening or ‘spiritual emergence’. It is a chaotic and uncontrollable self-organizing process which represents positive transformation of the self and has been designated as a psychospiritual crisis or 'spiritual emergency'. The apparent 'craziness' of spiritual emergency reveals the passage into a higher consciousness state required for effective adaptability. The result is so-called 'individuation', 'self-realisation', 'self-actualisation', 'spiritual renewal' or 'rebirth' and represents the affirmation of a life of total well-being or 'high level wellness'. Spiritual emergency is a part of the human condition and involves the 'beyond ego' or 'transpersonal' dimension of human nature. It is therefore a concern of so-called 'depth psychology', also known as 'spiritual psychology' or 'transpersonal psychology'.

Forgot what site I saved that from - over 9 years ago ... maybe not as busy as religious forums is ...

Also try:

Schizophrenia soul in crisis - esp shaman's view :)