• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia: fear of death

questfortruth

Schizophrenia: the subconscious fear of death
By Dmitri Martila,
Tartu University,
7.detsember.2021.

“Why you should define your fears instead of your goals | Tim Ferriss”

Any problem out or in there [any criminality, injustice, rejection, ban, insult, assault, abuse, trolling, bullying, or sin] is making the very sensitive person fear in sub-conscious mind (look the definition of sub-consciousness in Carl Jung’s papers) for own safety and life expectancy/outlook. For such a person there is no gap between his death after 40 or 70 years and today. His inner-self fears to die; the religion comforts the soul, but not so much the bodily part of a human. He notices the aging of the skin; the physical health and career possibilities are rapidly declining with age. The fear of death in sub-consciousness drives the sensitive person crazy. There is the fear of death in the Bible, look at its most revealing symptoms: “An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And having been in agony, He was praying more earnestly. And His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down upon the ground.” Luke 22. I am not a health professional, but would a person in our clinics pray so intensely (and, thus, dangerously for himself) like that? And even hallucinate a devil or an angel? However, there is no health problem with Jesus Christ.

I see no reason to disagree with my explanation of schizoid. Behind all symptoms is fear of death. The person with the fear of death becomes crazy and kills himself. It is not obvious, because we have no access to our subconscious. I am only guessing: the person goes crazy, because there is some fear in subconscious. It is the cutting edge of science, hence the old methods of science might not work. However, the science includes the method of hypothesizing. Yes, I have large amount of clinical data to make a guess.

OK, human, you do not like my line of reasoning, but I like you very much. Please look, how good looking I am and how logical:

Such a scientists anybody should trust!

i do know there is much, much more to schizophrenia thsn you give it credit for
Jesus saw the angel by the way. There was extremely fear of death, and the angel has come. The main aspect of schizophrenia are the visions.

One thing for sure, the reason schizophrenia is so difficult to diagnose is there are many different effects.
Patients do not describe their states as fear of death, or as a fear in general, because we have no access to what is happening in sub-mind.

The antidote to fear is faith, right? And it seems you have faith. So why not ask God to remove your fears?
It is absolutely not healthy to die.

why the suicide rate is so high among those suffering from schizophrenia? As i said earlier there are many who would embrace death.

Because the fear has broken the person. The person has lost the ability to think rationally. To fear is not healthy lifestyle. The Schizophrenia is the background fear, that cannot yet be completely removed by current level of medicine.

The person has lost the ability to think rationally. It is the feeling, not so much rationality:
"And he said, Abba , Father , all things are possible unto thee ; take away this cup from me" Mark 14:36.

So it seems fair to ask what definition of 'schizophrenia' you're using here.

The patient must acknowledge the sickness, in order to start taking medicine; but after many years he should add to tablets of medicine the growing feeling of normality.

But death is intrinsic to life.

Not in religious worldview. There was no death in Eden, there will be no dying in Paradise.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
By Dmitri Martila,
Tartu University,
7.detsember.2021.

Any problem out or in there [any criminality, injustice, rejection, ban, insult, assault, abuse, trolling, bullying, or sin] is making the very sensitive person fear in sub-conscious mind (look the definition of sub-consciousness in Carl Jung’s papers) for own safety and life expectancy/outlook. For such a person there is no gap between his death after 40 or 70 years and today. His inner-self fears to die; the religion comforts the soul, but not so much the bodily part of a human. He notices the aging of the skin; the physical health and career possibilities are rapidly declining with age. The fear of death in sub-consciousness drives the sensitive person crazy. There is the fear of death in the Bible, look at its most revealing symptoms: “An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And having been in agony, He was praying more earnestly. And His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down upon the ground.” Luke 22. I am not a health professional, but would a person in our clinics pray so intensely (and, thus, dangerously for himself) like that? And even hallucinate a devil or an angel? However, there is no health problem with Jesus Christ.

Interesting take on one tiny aspect of schizophrenia, If only it were so simple. Schizophrenia effects people in different ways. Some of those people would welcome death as a saviour in an escape from the hell their mind is taking them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
By Dmitri Martila,
Tartu University,
7.detsember.2021.

Can you explain the reason you in the end of your OP suddenly say.
However, there is no health problem with Jesus Christ

Where does Jesus come in when speaking of schizophrenia ?

RestlessSoul

Was thinking about Syd Barrett this morning. Syd the madcap, laughing from the dark side of the moon. Here’s a seasonal lyric from poor mad Syd…

The time is in the month of winter solstice
When the change is due to come
Thunder in the other course of heaven
Things cannot be destroyed once and for all.
Change returns success
Going and coming without error.
Action brings good fortune
Sunset
Sunrise.

Shine on Syd, and all you other crazy diamonds

questfortruth

Interesting take on one tiny aspect of schizophrenia, If only it were so simple. Schizophrenia effects people in different ways. Some of those people would welcome death as a saviour in an escape from the hell their mind is taking them.
I see no reason to disagree with my explanation of schizoid. Behind all symptoms is fear of death. The person with the fear of death becomes crazy and kills himself.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see no reason to disagree with my explanation of schizoid. Behind all symptoms is fear of death. The person with the fear of death becomes crazy and kills himself.
Behind all symptoms is fear of death? And the fear of death become crazy and kills him self?

I been to hell and back in fear for my life more than a few times in my life...i was diagnosed with PTSD. In your eyes, I should be dead?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am pro-life.
But you did not answer the question I asked

Behind all symptoms is fear of death? And the fear of death become crazy and kills himself?

I been to hell and back in fear for my life more than a few times in my life...i was diagnosed with PTSD. In your eyes, I should be dead?

Is there fear of death in all symptom of having a cold?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
By Dmitri Martila,
Tartu University,
7.detsember.2021.

I see no reason to disagree with my explanation of schizoid. Behind all symptoms is fear of death. The person with the fear of death becomes crazy and kills himself. It is not obvious, because we have no access to our subconscious. I am only guessing: the person goes crazy, because there is some fear in subconscious. It is the cutting edge of science, hence the old methods of science might not work. However, the science includes the method of hypothesizing.

No.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The science includes the method of hypothesizing.
In science, a hypothesis is an idea or explanation that you then test through study and experimentation. Outside science, a theory or guess can also be called a hypothesis. A hypothesis is something more than a wild guess but less than a well-established theory. ... Anyone who uses the word hypothesis is making a guess.

@questfortruth have tested and studied and experimented with you hypothesis?