• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scenarios: is it possible to walk both the LHP and the RHP at the same time?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
crossfire said:
If you are maintaining your own mind, it is LHP. (or at least Western LHP)

What do you mean by this?
If your mind is overcome by desires (either your own or someone else's) to the point that you can't think clearly, are you doing your own will? How can My Will be done fit if your mind is not being maintained? (I include installing skillful habits to fall back on when you are unmindful as part of maintaining ones mind.)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I was curious about this myself. I'm largely a fan of the Setian philosophy of Xeper (I don't take it nearly as literally as some apparently do) as well as the individual freethinking that's typical of the Left Hand Path, at the same time I feel like this is what God wants me to do and there's no avoiding the will of God because everything is God's will.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
For the purpose of this thread:

RHP = Joining with "The All" (objectively and/or subjectively)
LHP = Maintaining subjective separation from "The All"

Is it possible to walk both paths at once? Post some scenarios where this is possible, please.

Don't know if this would be considered a scenario of what I am writing. But before I get to that, this question was mentioned in one of Thomas Leroy's interviews in which I agree on what Thom had to say on the impossibility of trying to walk both paths. The Left Hand Path is the harder path and the Right Hand Path is the easiest path for the herd. If you tried to Subjectively separate yourself from the "The All" but instead Objectively choose to join with "The All" than their is a contradiction in my opinion. From a western Left Hand Path perspective, if you are willing to go on the Left Hand Path, then that means you must make that decision to separate yourself both Subjectively and Objectively from the "All." It is simply that decision you choose to make, no one isn't saying to the individual on what he must do within the Left Hand Path. It is simply up to him if he feels he's ready to walk it.

By trying to walk both Paths, the Right Hand Path will simply pull one on the Right Hand Path by overpowering the Left Hand Path. Similarly to how LeRoy put it in words.

I do not agree with you when you say that deification is incompatible with union with all. in forms of Christian orthodoxy it is even very common among mystics.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I developed bipolar "disorder" in my early twenties. It was touted as being a chemical imbalance. Over the years I've struggled to find and establish a working and functional balance. I'm fairly certain that life operates in balanced proportions, and although the balance gets knocked off kilter from time to time, it seems to level itself out eventually. The shifting of tectonic plates, disproportioned collections of water, wobble effects, etc. and the spin that eventually smooths out after these events take place illustrate a need for something. My guess is that both imbalance and balance are needed. RHP and LHP are no different. A time and place for everything eh? Learning to walk the line can be difficult and natural balancing only a matter of time - Laws of nature (physics) and all ....

Hermes

I have also wondered on these matters. I do very much believe in deity in self as well as an allself/a higher absolute. But I do practice the paramitas and other compassionate practices so I guess I am a typical RHP, but I would very much like to know more about your practices why I joined here as well. Hope you don't find it offensive. :praying::tulip::sunflower: