• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scariest looking animal?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
NOOOoooooooooooooooo TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!!

Please someone report this post so I can take care of this!

Ciscokid

The viper fish is small but scary

wudep25.jpeg

Ciscokid

Yeah that dog is just ugly...ugly as sin. I could only imagine waking up in the morning with that thing staring at me. I'd have start wearing adult diapers to bed.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
GeneCosta said:
No mercy, Chris!
31256540_2fecf84a97-759846.jpg

Please! This is not the political section! Don't make rude comments about Ann Coulter! (If others can be snarky, I can be, too. ;) )

Honestly, though, I can't really think of any critter who I don't find appealing. (At least, in theory. I like spiders in theory and earwigs and waterbugs in theory, but find them frightening 'in practice'. Like when I'm showering and look up and see one on the nozzle, about to be washed into my hair.) But since the Manticore was brought up, I suppose I would say the Red Bull. Anything that survives on force and intimidation is disgusting to me.

Circle_One

The Angler Fish is one scary friggen fish!
femal%20angler%20fish.jpg

I'm not a fan of much deep water ocean life. Giant squids and Octopi, big scary fish, and especially Sea Monsters *shivers and cowers with fear*.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Circle_One said:
I'm not a fan of much deep water ocean life. Giant squids and Octopi, big scary fish, and especially Sea Monsters *shivers and cowers with fear*.

The creatures that scare me the most are all sea creatures (they don't even have to be deep water), and snakes.

I can talk myself into liking any other creature (that I can think of) except maybe the Hippopotamus; he doesn't look particularly fearsome, but he is.

Circle_One

ZH, I will love you forever, but I officially hate you for that picture. I'm going to have nightmares.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Circle_One said:
ZH, I will love you forever, but I officially hate you for that picture. I'm going to have nightmares.

:(

What if you bust out some Ziggy Stardust and sing your fears away?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, here are some really scary creatures. They may be small, but that just makes it easier for them to sneak up on you (I don't know how to make pictures appear, but here are some links:

http://kaweahoaks.com/html/wind_scorpian.htm

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/spiders/Mastigoproctus.htm

http://www.uark.edu/depts/entomolo/museum/house_centipede.html

I've caught both solpugids (wind scorpions) and vinegaroons in my yard and brought them inside to observe.
The former will tear apart anything less than four times its size and eat it. They're about two inches long, really fast and won't hesitate to attack a hand or foot. Their scariest feature is the four huge fangs sticking straight out of their faces that seem to move independently.

A vinegaroon I caught got out of it's box once and had me walking on eggshells for a few days till I found it squashed under a rug. Intellectually I know they're not dangerous, but they're just so creepy-looking -- and this one, minus his whip, was a good three inches long.

It's too arid here for house centipedes but when I lived in Maryland I used to find them in my basement. They're just so leggy and creepy; always freaked me out.