• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scariest looking animal?

Bishka

Veteran Member
To me it is the horse. I've always found horses to be scary, must be the look in their eyes (for me).

What about you?

SCRAPPY-DOO

I came across a big pit bull when I was 12 and the beast was meaner then a son of a gun . the dog just about tor my arm off . that kind of dog scares the crap out me .

sparc872

Definitely going to have to go with the coelacanth. It's more ugly than scary, but sometimes ugly is scary.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Scariest but still cute at the same time- the aye aye!

mada6%20j%2018.jpg

Smoke

Done here.
Oddly enough, Marjorie Courtenay-Latimer, the East London Museum curator who was the first to describe a living (or rather, recently dead) coelacanth, said it was "the most beautiful fish I had ever seen ... It was 5 feet long and a pale mauve blue with iridescent markings." The species was named Latimeria chalumnae after her. Here's a more flattering picture, lifted from Wikipedia:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
beckysoup61 said:
To me it is the horse. I've always found horses to be scary, must be the look in their eyes (for me).

What about you?
Anything with more than four legs scares me to death. (I'm okay with animals who have no legs at all -- i.e. snakes.)

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Is a Teletubbie an animal? If so I vote for them hands down! Otherwise I'd have to say a bear or a badger.... but only cause I'm the out-doorsy type who likes to camp. I find both incredible and beautiful though.... TELETUBBIES get my vote!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Opossums are freaky little critters.

And around here...they are often the size of medium sized dogs. The very first time I saw one on the side of the road...I almost drove off the side of the rode...white scary looking face with these horrible glowing eyes. Seriously, my first thought was..."Good grief, I've seen a demon."

http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/opossum.html

Don't let the little almost cute furballs on this site fool you. The opposums that I've seen around here are downright spooky.:eek:

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
Opossums are freaky little critters.
They don't both me much generally, but one got into the house one time, and by the time I got it back out the possum and I were both pretty freaked out. It looks much more like a giant rat when it's standing in your kitchen eating dog food. :cover:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
MidnightBlue said:
They don't both me much generally, but one got into the house one time, and by the time I got it back out the possum and I were both pretty freaked out. It looks much more like a giant rat when it's standing in your kitchen eating dog food. :cover:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they togged one up as Ben the rat for the recent remake of Willard. Either that, or it was the biggest, freakiest lookin' rat in creation. Australian possums are much cuter.;)
I'll agree with Feathers on the Aye Aye here though...cute, but a freaky beasty.:cover:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
FeathersinHair said:
Scariest but still cute at the same time- the aye aye!

mada6%20j%2018.jpg

Aaah , he's cute . :)

I would have to say Man . { those with a political nature more so then most } .

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Are we talking scary or ugly?

either way it's that dog that died last year. I'm not posting a pic because you'll lose your lunch/dinner/breakfast....