• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scared i accidently sold my soul!!!

one randam day I was listening to "crazy train" by Ozzy Osborne and Black Sabbath..i draw a star but a regular one and swore a oath to the devil but I hope and think I was using reverse psychology!!!!but am very scared and paranoid!!!does anyone think I should be worried???

ThirtyThree

one randam day I was listening to "crazy train" by Ozzy Osborne and Black Sabbath..i draw a star but a regular one and swore a oath to the devil but I hope and think I was using reverse psychology!!!!but am very scared and paranoid!!!does anyone think I should be worried???

Perhaps you were riding the "crazy train" when you decided to write your original post.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Crazy Train is just Ozzy (after his departure from Black Sabbath).
But, no, you didn't sell your soul. Lucifer, Satan, they do not want it. The only to be worried about is a life of wasted potential given to myth rather than seized and embraced by yourself.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

I sold my soul once. But I was fed up of that album collection anyway.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Don't worry. Go do some sincere soul-searching while listening to "Forty Six & 2" by Tool.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Reported, though I see mods are encouraging this trolling so we'll see.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't worry. Go do some sincere soul-searching while listening to "Forty Six & 2" by Tool.
With the passion of one million suns I must second that suggestion. Seriously. But, then again, I am definitely one of those fans who "takes it too seriously," according to Maynard. But, listening to them with that in mind, I still can't help but feel they touch me on such a profoundly deep level that I just really can't explain it that causes me to take them seriously. Forty Six & 2 is especially one of those songs that makes me think Apollo is jealous.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Reported, though I see mods are encouraging this trolling so we'll see.
With the religious background I had, I can see this as not being trolling. I even had a similar experience myself (although not related to heavy metal music). I have come to notice that within Christian mythology there exists this idea that you can sell your soul or whatever your hear desires. However, outside of the blues, children's cartoons, and Christianity, this idea hardly exists. But within fundamental Christianity there exists the idea that you can literally sell your soul to the devil for anything you want. This (fundamental Christianity) also tends to come with a very high level of paranoia, such as how we see with the so-called "war on Christmas" or how "secular America" is "waging a war" against Christians. They literally and fully believe the world is out to get them (it's why I'm not a fan of Richard Dawkins, because I have seen how his words, and the words of others like him, become a cheap source of fuel to instill and deepen fundamentalist's beliefs, especially in regards to anti-science propaganda. It's still a bit early to call this user a troll, but even if that is the case the mentality represented in the OP is something that is very much alive, very real, and the seeds are sown, fertilized, and nurtured by a fundamentalist approach towards Christianity - those who cannot see the forest for the trees.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
With the religious background I had, I can see this as not being trolling. I even had a similar experience myself (although not related to heavy metal music). I have come to notice that within Christian mythology there exists this idea that you can sell your soul or whatever your hear desires. However, outside of the blues, children's cartoons, and Christianity, this idea hardly exists. But within fundamental Christianity there exists the idea that you can literally sell your soul to the devil for anything you want. This (fundamental Christianity) also tends to come with a very high level of paranoia, such as how we see with the so-called "war on Christmas" or how "secular America" is "waging a war" against Christians. They literally and fully believe the world is out to get them (it's why I'm not a fan of Richard Dawkins, because I have seen how his words, and the words of others like him, become a cheap source of fuel to instill and deepen fundamentalist's beliefs, especially in regards to anti-science propaganda. It's still a bit early to call this user a troll, but even if that is the case the mentality represented in the OP is something that is very much alive, very real, and the seeds are sown, fertilized, and nurtured by a fundamentalist approach towards Christianity - those who cannot see the forest for the trees.

Interesting food for thought, thank you. I was raised in a very interesting way that makes it difficult to understand the Christian (or simply more traditionally religious) perspective at times.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Interesting food for thought, thank you. I was raised in a very interesting way that makes it difficult to understand the Christian (or simply more traditionally religious) perspective at times.
One thing RF has taught me is that I have a unique understanding of the fundamentalist mindset that those who have never been exposed to it will not have. It's even made me consider attempting to publish a paper, or perhaps book, about these views, and a more objective view that includes the good (which mostly revolves around a tightly-knit community that religion can provide for many, especially those, like myself, who are lacking in that in their lives), and the bad (such as believing Harry Potter teaches real witchcraft and promotes Satanism). And because I could easily attach names like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens to it, and piggy back on Niel DeGrasse Tyson on how they don't have a good approach for attracting people to science, it would be the "good capitalist" thing to do.
But, in a nut shell, they'll give you the shirt off their back if you are in need, you'll never feel alone if you hold congruent beliefs, but they may believe some really outlandish things, and micro-aggressions may be abundant if they perceive you to be a sinner. It gets even deeper when you apply these views towards elections.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Well, your toast now. Might as well get buttered up with revelation now that the holy toaster of Satan's warmth has transformed you.

Oh, but if you *really* want to "sell your soul"... I know a few rituals...

Well, your toast now. Might as well get buttered up with revelation now that the holy toaster of Satan's warmth has transformed you.

Oh, but if you *really* want to "sell your soul"... I know a few rituals...
I have yet to recover...I was toasting yesterday than I got a nightmare of Lucifer himself for the first time so still paranoid.. don't even want to go to sleep!!!