• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say Something Nice

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This may be the ultimate challenge for some. I'd like you to....

Say something nice about another religion. If you're atheist, say something nice about any religion.

Try to do so without 'buts' or snide jokes added in after. Just be genuinely nice if you can.

Anything will do. Appreciation of a religious structure, music, teaching or tradition... all of it(or anything) works.

What have you got for me?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Say something nice about another religion. If you're atheist, say something nice about any religion.

Try to do so without 'buts' or snide jokes added in after. Just be genuinely nice if you can.

Anything will do. Appreciation of a religious structure, music, teaching or tradition... all of it(or anything) works.

First of all, i want to say, have respect for all religions and religious people.

Baha'i is the one religion that find most interesting of religions i do not follow my self.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I think Sikhism is underrated. Every Sikh (or person raised Sikh) I've known has been kind, bright, friendly, and non-judgmental about people of other beliefs.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
First of all, i want to say, have respect for all religions and religious people.

Baha'i is the one religion that find most interesting of religions i do not follow my self.

I think Sikhism is underrated. Every Sikh (or person raised Sikh) I've known has been kind, bright, friendly, and non-judgmental about people of other beliefs.

I'd really like to learn more about both of these faiths.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Jehova's Witnesses have a very thought out interpretation of the bible. They got rid of some of the fluff added by other Christians without Bible background (afterlife, Christmas, etc.)
They are truly pacifistic.
They are truly secular, even so far that they don't even vote, let alone run for office.
But ... (damn, failed again, I was doing so good)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Jehova's Witnesses have a very thought out interpretation of the bible. They got rid of some of the fluff added by other Christians without Bible background (afterlife, Christmas, etc.)
They are truly pacifistic.
They are truly secular, even so far that they don't even vote, let alone run for office.
But ... (damn, failed again, I was doing so good)

Wow! I didn't know they went so far as to not vote. I can appreciate that in a time where so many get so bothered about politics.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I love all religions...actually.:)
Because the beauty of cultural diversity make them unique and precious.
Asia is so rich in religious diversity. It is so rich in beautiful mosques...beautiful Buddhist temples... huge Hindu temples...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I love all religions...actually.:)
Because the beauty of cultural diversity make them unique and precious.
Asia is so rich in religious diversity. It is so rich in beautiful mosques...beautiful Buddhist temples... huge Hindu temples...

They do each offer something unique and beautiful, I feel.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Wow! I didn't know they went so far as to not vote. I can appreciate that in a time where so many get so bothered about politics.
Yep, they see themselves as a religious group 24/7 and they don't want to bother with "the world". Strict separation of (their) church and state.
Jehova's Witnesses are about the most pleasant, religious neighbours a non believer can have.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I like "your religion" inspiring you to start such a positive thread

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've met quite a few Jews who are pro-trans. Of course the opinions of Jews as a whole aren't uniform, but I've read and heard some rather profound profound positions regarding it. And I appreciate the gesture of the ones who light a candle on our day of remembrance.
Amd I've seen quite a few here put out positions they don't even necessarily agree with, but acknowledging it is there. That's something I do admire.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A difficult task indeed

Many religions as a unit are very caring of their own group.

Some are caring of all.