• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hmm, again my English fails me. Even I myself after reading my own note "real life happenings" I see it didn't make language sense. :facepalm:

Real lif eexperiences?

I ve had sex with protection and I havent had children.

There, that was real life experiences.

You were lucky.

Others were unlucky and had accidents like a defect protection.

Others were in a rush, couldn't secure protection and did it any way.

Victimized children either by abortion or not having a father are there. This is what I meant by "real life happenings". If this is where you got "experiences" from.

So contraception is what within the sphere of what you consider to be 'real life'?

Sorry, I don't get you point.

What I meant is: the existence of protection methonds is not a 100% protection from pregnancy and if we look around we will find victimized children either by abortion and not knowing their fathers.

------------------------------------

Any way, lets at least stick with original quality protection. no Chinese :no:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Victimized children either by abortion or not having a father are there. This is what I meant by "real life happenings". If this is where you got "experiences" from.
When a husband and wife get married so they can have "approved" sex instead of because of love, commitment, and mutual respect, this isn't generally good for their children either.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
When a husband and wife get married so they can have "approved" sex instead of because of love, commitment, and mutual respect, this isn't generally good for their children either.

I guess I had my community in mind when I said that. Here (in my part of the county at least) we don't get married in the first place without basically having love, mutual respect, and specially over everything else commitment as requirements.

The big cultural differences between mine and yours probably makes a lot of confusions and misunderstandings. Sorry about this guy.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I see it causes (censored word) children, abortion, risking catching diseases for doing it with different partners and/or losing the purpose and moral of having a good intact family.
Quite a few of assumptions there.
I'll try to break it down, at least partly.
First, I am not sure what do you mean by '(censored word) children' as opposed so just 'children'.
As for catching disease, even a failed marriage can bring that risk. In addition unless one lives in an extremely uneducated society in terms of sexual education and STD than there is no point to claim that healthy sex life, or healthy sexual activities is exceptionally risky in such terms. One could equally argue that lack of healthy sexual activity is highly harmful to an overall physiological and psychological well being of an individual.
As for family morality, the idea that two people cannot develop a long term serious and well grounded relationship without institutionalizing their relatioship in holy marriage really make marriage sound cheap.
One might bring the protection arguments, but I ask to not bring up arguments, but real life happenings instead.
Here is another real life argument. Lack of consciousness and education about healthy and balanced sex life, including the use of contraception results in some cultures creating a great social and cultural imbalance of disproportionately large families in which individual children do not receive the healthy attention they deserve. In addition this situation creates an economical instability which not only perpetuates poverty and dysfunctional families in the immediate culture, but today have become a burden on the entire world's economy and resources availability, and as a serious bi product deterioration in the ecological condition of the planet and potential spread of deadly epidemics.
All of the above will cause serious troubles to children in many ways like in upbringing and life expenses.

Just my belief.
I am sorry, but this is simply ironic.

Last edited:

Dingbat

Well I never have had sex with anyone but my wife but that is more to the fact that she was the only person I ever met that I felt an actual connection with. Hormonally there were plenty of women I would have sex with but I always felt the need for some kind of emotional connection beyond simple hormones. When I first met my wife it all just clicked where it hadn't with previous people I had dated. Then again I am really strange yet lack any hatred or bigotry of premarital sex. I simply just needed to find the right person to connect with and thankfully I finally did. Though we did have premarital sex so maybe I don't fit for either answer. I am just a weirdo. LOL

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Quite a few of assumptions there.
I'll try to break it down, at least partly.
First, I am not sure what do you mean by '(censored word) children' as opposed so just 'children'.
As for catching disease, even a failed marriage can bring that risk. In addition unless one lives in an extremely uneducated society in terms of sexual education and STD than there is no point to claim that healthy sex life, or healthy sexual activities is exceptionally risky in such terms. One could equally argue that lack of healthy sexual activity is highly harmful to an overall physiological and psychological well being of an individual.
As for family morality, the idea that two people cannot develop a long term serious and well grounded relationship without institutionalizing their relatioship in holy marriage really make marriage sound cheap.
Here is another real life argument. Lack of consciousness and education about healthy and balanced sex life, including the use of contraception results in some cultures creating a great social and cultural imbalance of disproportionately large families in which individual children do not receive the healthy attention they deserve. In addition this situation creates an economical instability which not only perpetuates poverty and dysfunctional families in the immediate culture, but today have become a burden on the entire world's economy and resources availability, and as a serious bi product deterioration in the ecological condition of the planet and potential spread of deadly epidemics.

I am sorry, but this is simply ironic.

The censored word is b*st*rd (sorry). It's actually censored by the rules.

Besides, those are just my thoughts and how my community works. Here we extensively care about prevention.

A didn't mean to question anyone one's beliefs or culture.

And that irony was not intended. I really believe that a child born without a possible devoted father with the possibility that he might claim he's not obliged to take care of the child, will have parental problems at least here in my community where the man is the sponsor and benefactor (if I get the words right) of the family. Not all men are good.

Last edited:
The censored word is b*st*rd (sorry). It's actually censored by the rules.

Besides, those are just my thoughts and how my community works. Here we extensively care about prevention.

A didn't mean to question anyone one's beliefs or culture.

And that irony was not intended. I really believe that a child born without a possible devoted father with the possibility that he will claim he's not obliged to take care of the child, will have parental problems at least here in my community where the man is the sponsor and benefactor (if I get the words right) of the family. Not all men are good.

Out of curiosity, since the world isn't perfect, there will always be children that are born without possible fathers and mother that are devoted. Do you personally believe that it is okay for a homosexual couple to adopt them so that the child will have a parents over none?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, since the world isn't perfect, there will always be children that are born without possible fathers and mother that are devoted. Do you personally believe that it is okay for a homosexual couple to adopt them so that the child will have a parents over none?

I don't really know, but basically I lean towards yes it's okay. Just a personal thought and any feedback from other members is highly appreciated.