• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Oh sorry thought you meant something else since that's not at all what I was talking about, but I think Seinfeld had something going on there.

It's what is implied by saying that chaste people should be the only ones allowed to be in positions of power.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Ask the ancient Kings who made Eunuchs their chief politicians.

And ask Tony Montana too!

The kings trusted eunuchs not to have sex with their wives or concubines. That was the only reason eunuchs were put in high places. All of the royal servants had to be eunuchs too for the exact same reason. And I think you're taking Tony Montana out of context. He was just stating that more women like a guy that has a lot of money.

Shermana

Heretic
The kings trusted eunuchs not to have sex with their wives or concubines. That was the only reason eunuchs were put in high places. All of the royal servants had to be eunuchs too for the exact same reason. And I think you're taking Tony Montana out of context. He was just stating that more women like a guy that has a lot of money.

You're confusing royal servants and palace guards with actual governors of provinces. It's not like the King was worried about them getting it on with his far-off harem.

I think you misunderstand Tony Montana. Yes, women like a guy who has a lot of money, we all know that. Therefore, to get those women, you need a lot of money. And the prime objective for most guys, from my general experience, is to get da womenz! Put 2 and 2 together and....

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Eunuches were widely seen as greedy, corrupt and scheming. In dramas about Imperial life they are often cast as villains.

Any senior official with business that demanded the emperor's attention," wrote Spence, "had to persuade a eunuch to carry the message for him; the eunuch, naturally enough, asked for fees in return for such services, and soon the more powerful ones were bribed and flattered by ambitious officials."

The eunuchs were loathed by many. They were regarded as corrupt and immoral. They often demanded kickbacks in return for contracts. Scholar-bureaucrats, who had risen to their positions through merit, "feared, envied and despised" the eunuchs. Sometimes political battles broke out between the eunuchs and the mandarins.
EUNUCHS IN CHINA - China | Facts and Details

So much for eunuchs being trustworthy lol

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Okay fine. But I'm still imagining their track record was better than non-Eunuchs when it came to government affairs.

From what I've been reading, there aren't many nice things to be said about eunuchs in politics throughout history. For the most part they are depicted as being manipulative, greedy, and corrupt; the exact qualities you were saying chaste people are less likely to exhibit (there goes that theory). People that can't have sex seek to focus their energy in other areas; mainly people's wallets.

The exception would be in India recently, where they're starting to win elections and the people seem to prefer having them in charge.

Also on the bright side; apparently they're excellent singers.

Shermana

Heretic
Only if you're looking for Altos and Sopranos.

As with your India example, perhaps there's a bit of regionality to consider. Also, from what I've read, Eunuchs did not necessarily lose all their sexual interest in women. They apparently often still enjoyed doing everything from first to third base. Similarly, I've seen neutered dogs still try to get it on. Thus, it's more of a matter of mentally/religiously developed chastity than completely physical.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Only if you're looking for Altos and Sopranos.

As with your India example, perhaps there's a bit of regionality to consider. Also, from what I've read, Eunuchs did not necessarily lose all their sexual interest in women. They apparently often still enjoyed doing everything from first to third base. Similarly, I've seen neutered dogs still try to get it on. Thus, it's more of a matter of mentally/religiously developed chastity than completely physical.

Actually, most eunuchs seem to be more drawn to men and boys historically, but that's irrelevant. I don't think anyone's immune to corruption or that lack of sexual desire lessens the desire for wealth. Linking virginity to "moral purity" is an antiquated (and quite ridiculous) idea with nothing substantial to back it up. In every institution that supports chastity, you can find some sort of corruption.

bippy123

Are there any advantages to not having sex before marriage? If so, what are those advantages? How important are they when compared to the advantages, if any, of having sex before marriage?

It would depend entirely on your worldview and what the word advantages means to you.
For me my worldview is the core of who I am. I made my decision to stay a virgin till I get married in highschool and it had nothing to do with my upbringing , it had everything to do with my faith in God, cause in my parents culture (lebanese) men are supposed to be these studs who will screw anything in a skirt until they are ready to get married to a nice girl thats a virgin. Total hypocrisy

Now I never envisioned when I was younger staying a virgin until my current age (46) but My faith my faith and convictions come before anything and anyone of this world.

Like i said, it entirely is dependent on what you hold sacred and dear to your heart.

roger1440

I do stuff
It would depend entirely on your worldview and what the word advantages means to you.
For me my worldview is the core of who I am. I made my decision to stay a virgin till I get married in highschool and it had nothing to do with my upbringing , it had everything to do with my faith in God, cause in my parents culture (lebanese) men are supposed to be these studs who will screw anything in a skirt until they are ready to get married to a nice girl thats a virgin. Total hypocrisy

Now I never envisioned when I was younger staying a virgin until my current age (46) but My faith my faith and convictions come before anything and anyone of this world.

Like i said, it entirely is dependent on what you hold sacred and dear to your heart.
What faith is this? What gender are you? What does your "parents culture" have to do with your virginity?

bippy123

What faith is this? What gender are you? What does your "parents culture" have to do with your virginity?

Im a practicing Catholic Christian, Im an inclusivist my parents are originally from lebanon ( was born in brooklyn :D) and my parents culture has absolutely nothing to do with my virginity what so ever. That was a decision between me and God

I am not saving myself for marriage I want to get married I know it is essential to my spiritual growth, completeness and love, everyone keeps going on at me for wanting to get wedded, I know why too? it is the generalisation that marriage is a monotheist/biblical doctrine, so when anyone who knows me repeats that I intend to find a bride to wed, they loose their rag and start going off at the handle. calling me hippy and all sorts of nonsense, well here is the bombshells, the institution or practice of marriage is not Christian or Islamic in it's origination, it was not until the Christian church & Islam popularised marriage after claiming to purify the ungodly disbeliever, savage and heathen, even their methods of prayer in origin belonged solely to non Christian and non Islamic faiths, when you hear someone says ''I am going to tie the knot'' meaning to get married, that is an indigenous American term of marriage the first nation use to use and still do, method of marriage is to tie a rope around the hands of the man and woman who wanted to be joined in spiritual union, they also practice polygamy which is to have more than one wife and still do practice polygamy to this days. When you hear someone says ''I am going to jump the brood stick'' meaning to marry the woman you love , that is another non Christian practice incorporated into Christian terminology and also termed in the south, by stepping over the broomstick it signifies the end of promiscuous practice and the bonding of man to woman in all they do, it is a well known warrior practice to marry, marrying was and is a sign of completeness of life having attained warrior status, if for one moment they could stop thinking like Christian or Muslims they would be able to get over that stumbling block of dogma which many people have when it comes to conventional religions, in effect most people whom want to complain about the choice to wed are being nothing more than childish, I put the unconventional practice in the modern term of non organised religion first , so loosing your noggin after hearing I want t to wed, makes me think your childish in the head., seriously there, the are not just physical advantages there are spiritual advances being one together, the purity of waiting depends on the strength of the person wanting to join together having sex before marriage dose not make him or her any less decent or less holy however agreeing to wait should be a joint decision or singular and they should consider their ability to endure the period of waiting leading to marriage, the advantages can lead to the ideal choice for love and life.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I see it causes (censored word) children, abortion, risking catching diseases for doing it with different partners and/or losing the purpose and moral of having a good intact family.

One might bring the protection arguments, but I ask to not bring up arguments, but real life happenings instead.

All of the above will cause serious troubles to children in many ways like in upbringing and life expenses.

Just my belief.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I see it causes (censored word) children, abortion, risking catching diseases for doing it with different partners and/or losing the purpose and moral of having a good intact family.

One might bring the protection arguments, but I ask to not bring up arguments, but real life happenings instead.

All of the above will cause serious troubles to children in many ways like in upbringing and life expenses.

Just my belief.

Real lif eexperiences?

I ve had sex with protection and I havent had children.

There, that was real life experiences.