• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saving Yourself for Marriage?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are there any advantages to not having sex before marriage? If so, what are those advantages? How important are they when compared to the advantages, if any, of having sex before marriage?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think that depends on the individual and the circumstances.Not to bring it up again (the man woman thing) but I do think a woman is more "valuable" or a "prize" if she has not been permeated by a man before marriage. I mean not that she IS but that is how she is viewed/

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...I do think a woman is more "valuable" or a "prize" if she has not been permeated by a man before marriage. I mean not that she IS but that is how she is viewed/

Would that consideration outweigh for you any other consideration when deciding whether to have sex before marriage?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Would that consideration outweigh for you any other consideration when deciding whether to have sex before marriage?

That's a hard question. My instinct is to say NO!/But I don't know if the consequences would be worth it.

Sex isn't like just "shaking hands".Not for me.But its also not signing some sort of life or death "contract" of obligation ...(marriage)

Its sounds corny ...but love.

Love is areal thing. I guess since i know that .I'm not a whore.

See..I said "whore".. I have an aversion to being a whore.I don't know why.

Its complicated.:)

Shermana

Heretic
Are there any advantages to not having sex before marriage? If so, what are those advantages? How important are they when compared to the advantages, if any, of having sex before marriage?

You should see the interest I get from the ladies at the parties whenever my friends announce my innocence.

Volodya

Are there any advantages to not having sex before marriage? if so, what are those advantages? How important are they when compared to the advantages, if any, of having sex before marriage?

There are no advantages.

It's an illusion created by religionists.

Draka

Wonder Woman

I can think of advantages of having sex before marriage, but not really of advantages to not having sex before marriage. I honestly can't think of a reasonable reason to not have sex before marriage, nor any real advantage to waiting until marriage.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Well, if you wait until marriage, you'll only have sex with one person ever (assuming you're faithful and don't get a divorce). Sounds pretty boring to me...

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think you need to experience sex with love and without love to know and appreciate the difference.

That said, I never had sex with love, so how would I know? :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I can think of advantages of having sex before marriage, but not really of advantages to not having sex before marriage. I honestly can't think of a reasonable reason to not have sex before marriage, nor any real advantage to waiting until marriage.

What about avoiding the risk of disease? Would that weigh much?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

no broken relationships to emotionally scar you

no unwanted pregnancy which means you can finish school, get a job and start planning for your future.

no crazy ex boyfriends coming back to haunt you

no sexually transmitted diseases

self respect / self esteem

the respect of your peers

peace of mind

a good conscience knowing you've done things Gods way..... and you'll have his approval which is more important then anything.

Draka

Wonder Woman
What about avoiding the risk of disease? Would that weigh much?

What's that have to do with the price of potatoes? One, you said waiting until marriage, now, that could mean either pre-marital sex with the person you intend to marry, or having sex with other people before choosing a marital partner. Either way, who says one can't be safe while doing so? For that matter, once married, there's more chance of not using safe sex with your partner and if they cheat they could be subjecting you to diseases. Pre-marital sex doesn't equate with disease.

Shermana

Heretic

Richer men of the higher social statuses often don't put up with anything less than virgin or near-virgin when it comes to marriage, no matter how much you complain about the Patriarchy. But if you're not looking for a Richer man in the Higher Social Status for a permanent arrangement, then on a secular level, it's not as bad. But most men have an definite "acceptable limit" of some sort, the question is...what is that limit.

Besides, the economics of prostituting yourself if you're a virgin should tell you all you need to know.

Virginity for Sale | Dollars and Sex | Big Think