• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saved from sin?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Granted one may never know what goes on in the person's head but there is a certain amount of public display that may be an indication.
That's right. "By their fruits you shall know them". Not by their religions they belong to, or their professions of the being the only true Christian because of their "correct beliefs". All that means absolutely nothing at all. Judge by their fruits, not their beliefs.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It's easily proven whether or not you have access to God's complete knowledge.

What did I have for dinner last night? Please be specific.

Chicken cordon bleu, potatoes and asparagus :D

Personally, I think you will have better luck getting answers from an 8-ball than you will getting answers from the Christian God.

Eight Ball.jpg

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There's a big difference between having God in you and knowing everything God knows.
? It generally means that the Holy Spirit helps the individual interpret scripture and that the law is written on their heart?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Was the Baháʼu'lláh, Ruhollah Khomeini, or Pope Francis saved from sin?

I don't really have any information on that but my guess is that none of them ever received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Baha'u'llah and Jesus are One in Christ, they are both the Standard we are judged by, and that includes all the Messengers such as Muhammad, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha.

They are the Saviours by which we are judged.

Ruhollah Khomeini and Pope Francis face judgement against the Standard set by Baha'u'llah (Glory of God), as we all will.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member

I don't really have any information on that but my guess is that none of them ever received Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Muffled said:
I believe I have God in me who knows all things
So ask your God.

That you turn to humans to answer this suggests you are bluffing in your religious claims.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe only God saves.

Not true

That is not what you believe

Proof can be found in your replies

I believe it is true because in my knowledge and experience there is no other.
You don't believe "only God saves"

AS
Hindus, Muslims say exactly the same
"only God saves"

BUT
You don't believe it's true for Hindus, Muslim

HENCE
You don't believe "only God saves"

You believe:
"only MY God saves only ME (+others like me)"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe there's nothing to be saved from. Hindus certainly don't believe in the Christian concept of sin or anything to be saved from or punished for. Moreover, your question is faulty from the outset. Pope Francis is a Christian, and by definition is saved because he accepts Jesus as his Lord, God and Savior.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe you are in error on two counts. A person can't save himself and that is not what Jesus did to Christians.

The word Christian did not exist when Jesus was alive. Not in record. One could only make guesses and conjecture.

Five Solas

God will be the judge of that. We dare not judge.

Our job is to preach the Gospel and to make disciples...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

The only way one can honestly say we have received Jesus as Lord and Savior is if we forgive everyone who has ever sinned against us in our whole life, Jesus taught that our own sins are forgiven to the extent we forgive others who have sinned against us.