• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia Vs Canuckistan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What is it with you people and Hillary? Give it a rest.
When a poster claims that war is testosterone fueled,
she's the perfect counter-example to offer.

The subject of Hillary will come up now & then.
Get used to it.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
In all of this mess it's good to know that the one thing we can count on is that it has NOTHING to do with Islam. Phew. That's a relief!

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I think this is just a by product of what Saudi males feel as a threat to their masculinity due to societical changes, it's just a way to wiggle their invisible pee pees by proxy.
Now if you hate Americans an you get bombed, don't call us call a crackhead....or Jerry Lewis.

Last edited:

Duke_Leto

I think this is just a by product of what Saudi males feel as a threat to their masculinity due to societical changes, it's just a way to wiggle their invisible pee pees by proxy.
Now if you hate Americans an you get bombed, don't call us call a crackhead....or Jerry Lewis.

I think many people hate Americans because they get bombed.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think people tend to show their true colors when angered, but I doubt that they would be brazen enough to actually carry anything out. I applaud Canada for standing up for human rights. I only wish our own country had the integrity to do the same.

Hardly worse than the UK though, where we seem to take every opportunity to do some ***-licking, when money is involved (like lucrative arms deals with them). :rolleyes:

A Vestigial Mote

I blame us the West. We force Bedouins to act like Westerners, until they show their true colors
Really? If their true colors aren't pretty, then they aren't pretty even when "forced to act like Westerners" - whatever that means.

If threatening other countries' governments with Photoshopped depictions of airliners headed for their city-scapes (when they know it is suspected that their hand may have played a part in crashing planes into another country's cities in the past) represents their government's "true colors", then I am of the opinion that they can take their "colors" and jam them where the sun doesn't shine. And all of this over women's rights and detaining people against their will who have done nothing truly "wrong" by the VAST MAJORITY of the world's standards. They're not nice people, plain and simple. And the only reason a request like the one from the Canadian government would be taken as a challenge and threat is because they are extremely insecure about their policies, which they know the rest of the world looks down upon. It's not like the world has no justification for doing so either. There is a blatant disregard for upholding human respect and dignity going on in some of these countries, and their main concern is that they want to be able to do whatever they want "behind closed doors" and without anyone judging them. It's pretty disgusting.

Rational Agnostic

Nah, not that bad.

They still execute people on crosses, and they left a group of young girls in a burning building because they weren't wearing full-body coverings. They also throw gays off of buildings, and beat women in the street, etc. I'd say they're arguably worse than North Korea, although North Korea is difficult, because we don't really know what goes on there. In any case, I see a *major* ethical problem with being an ally of Saudi Arabia, and also an ethical problem with NOT being an enemy of them. After all, we have somehow justified bombing Syria for alleged human rights abuses. By this logic, we should've bombed Saudi Arabia many more times. Yet Trump bows to the Saudi king when he visits. It's appalling hypocrisy.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
In any case, I see a *major* ethical problem with being an ally of Saudi Arabia, and also an ethical problem with NOT being an enemy of them. After all, we have somehow justified bombing Syria for alleged human rights abuses. By this logic, we should've bombed Saudi Arabia many more times.

But but but....

Oil!
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They still execute people on crosses, and they left a group of young girls in a burning building because they weren't wearing full-body coverings. They also throw gays off of buildings, and beat women in the street, etc. I'd say they're arguably worse than North Korea, although North Korea is difficult, because we don't really know what goes on there. In any case, I see a *major* ethical problem with being an ally of Saudi Arabia, and also an ethical problem with NOT being an enemy of them. After all, we have somehow justified bombing Syria for alleged human rights abuses. By this logic, we should've bombed Saudi Arabia many more times. Yet Trump bows to the Saudi king when he visits. It's appalling hypocrisy.
Unlike N Korea, S Arabia doesn't have mass starvation & malnutrition.
Would things around the globe be improved if we change our relationship
with S Arabia from ally to something more distant?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oil reserves are why we will bomb Afghanistan and Syria, but not KSA.
Tom
Having oil didn't save Iraq from our bombing them.
And it certainly won't insulate Iran from our assaulting them once again.
So your correlations don't hold up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They weren't under our control.
That's why they got bombed.
Tom
Of course we wouldn't bomb anything under our control.
And we don't bomb most of what we don't control.
Nor do oil reserves determine whom we bomb.
One common element of the last half century is that we
bomb predominantly Muslim countries...oil or no oil.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Really? If their true colors aren't pretty, then they aren't pretty even when "forced to act like Westerners" - whatever that means.

If threatening other countries' governments with Photoshopped depictions of airliners headed for their city-scapes (when they know it is suspected that their hand may have played a part in crashing planes into another country's cities in the past) represents their government's "true colors", then I am of the opinion that they can take their "colors" and jam them where the sun doesn't shine. And all of this over women's rights and detaining people against their will who have done nothing truly "wrong" by the VAST MAJORITY of the world's standards. They're not nice people, plain and simple. And the only reason a request like the one from the Canadian government would be taken as a challenge and threat is because they are extremely insecure about their policies, which they know the rest of the world looks down upon. It's not like the world has no justification for doing so either. There is a blatant disregard for upholding human respect and dignity going on in some of these countries, and their main concern is that they want to be able to do whatever they want "behind closed doors" and without anyone judging them. It's pretty disgusting.

My country is working on a law that prevents Wahhabi countries from financing mosques, and other initiatives proposed by this party (below) and by many others.

download (1).jpg

Rational Agnostic

Would things around the globe be improved if we change our relationship
with S Arabia from ally to something more distant?

Yes, the world would definitely be a better place if the most powerful country in the world would stop kissing the @$$ of a horribly abusive Islamic theocracy and instead stood up for what's right.