• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia Vs Canuckistan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saudi Arabia appeared to threaten Canada with a 9/11-style attack in a feud over human rights
  • Saudi Arabia's state media on Monday tweeted a graphic appearing to show an Air Canada airliner heading toward the Toronto skyline in a way that recalled the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
  • Saudi Arabia expelled Canada's ambassador after an official account called for the release of detained women's rights activists in the kingdom.
  • Fifteen of the 19 September 11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, and Osama bin Laden, the attacks' mastermind, was a Saudi citizen who has family there.
  • The Saudi account deleted the tweet and reposted another without the airliner.
Saudi Arabia's state media on Monday tweeted a graphic appearing to show an Air Canada airliner heading toward the Toronto skyline in a way that recalled the September 11, 2001, terrorist hijackings of airliners that struck the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

The graphic warned of "Sticking one's nose where it doesn't belong!" and included the text: "As the Arabic saying goes: 'He who interferes with what doesn't concern him finds what doesn't please him.'"

Last week, Global Affairs Canada tweeted that it was "gravely concerned" about a new wave of arrests in the kingdom targeting women's rights activists and urged their immediate release. Saudi Arabia has expelled Canada's ambassador and frozen all new trade and investment with Ottawa in response to the criticism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here is the pic from the Saudis....
Dj7EPAYWsAAfmtH.jpg

Ellen Brown

Saudi Arabia appeared to threaten Canada with a 9/11-style attack in a feud over human rights
  • Saudi Arabia's state media on Monday tweeted a graphic appearing to show an Air Canada airliner heading toward the Toronto skyline in a way that recalled the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
  • Saudi Arabia expelled Canada's ambassador after an official account called for the release of detained women's rights activists in the kingdom.
  • Fifteen of the 19 September 11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, and Osama bin Laden, the attacks' mastermind, was a Saudi citizen who has family there.
  • The Saudi account deleted the tweet and reposted another without the airliner.
Saudi Arabia's state media on Monday tweeted a graphic appearing to show an Air Canada airliner heading toward the Toronto skyline in a way that recalled the September 11, 2001, terrorist hijackings of airliners that struck the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

The graphic warned of "Sticking one's nose where it doesn't belong!" and included the text: "As the Arabic saying goes: 'He who interferes with what doesn't concern him finds what doesn't please him.'"

Last week, Global Affairs Canada tweeted that it was "gravely concerned" about a new wave of arrests in the kingdom targeting women's rights activists and urged their immediate release. Saudi Arabia has expelled Canada's ambassador and frozen all new trade and investment with Ottawa in response to the criticism.

I know a Saudi student who took a degree here in Finance and then returned to KSA because of the threats of Trumpistan. He says that things are not good there. There is less oil, so fewer people can be on the public dole, and they are not pleased. The womens gettin all upidy has cause them embarrassment, and from my experience, you do not want to embarrass a Saudi guy, not ever. Especially not from the family of Saud. The KSA Royalty had been making noise about making their folk less radicalized, and then they arrested and imprisoned many of their liberal Royalty. What ??? I think that perhaps the Royalty there would not know what "less radical" was even if it bit them on the posterior. If they attack Canada, is there anyone in the west with enough Testosterone to "Bomb the **** out of them"? I doubt that when his feet are to the fire, Trump will do anything but leave yellow streaks everywhere.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think people tend to show their true colors when angered, but I doubt that they would be brazen enough to actually carry anything out.
Aye, they know that such an attack, if blamed upon
them, would have devastating repercussions.
But it's a window into their desires.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they attack Canada, is there anyone in the west with enough Testosterone to "Bomb the **** out of them"? I doubt that when his feet are to the fire, Trump will do anything but leave yellow streaks everywhere.
Remember what happened after 9/11. Dems & Pubs united
with a coalition of 40 countries to attack Afghanistan.
So if the Saudis did attack Canuckistan, we & they should
expect a similar response. Don't blame Testosterone.
Remember that Hillary voted to go in guns a'blaze'n too.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Any politician - regardless of their party, their gender, or whatever - will hop aboard anything if it's perceived to be popular enough among the people, even if it means breaking rank, so they can say "I did the popular thing" come next election.

Ellen Brown

If I was the unbridled ruler of Americastan, we'd stop interfering in the governments of other countries, and make recompense where necessary, and possible. We'd work very hard to greatly reduce our use of Oil. We'd perhaps ban v-8 gas cars and set the speed limit to 60, and allow NO vehicle to smoke, at all. Not saying we should be isolationist, but perhaps we could stop living high while walking on the shoulders of every one else? Just a start.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The problem with that quote is that human rights concerns the whole of humanity.
That statement can only properly be understood by a liberal (in the John Stuart Mill sense).Human rights have an altogether different meaning for those who think that the individual is much less important, in the grand scheme of things, than the collective.

Ellen Brown

I was just having a peek at Arabnews, and Gulf News. Maybe I'll just go take a bubble bath. Nothing to see here people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I was the unbridled ruler of Americastan, we'd stop interfering in the governments of other countries, and make recompense where necessary, and possible. We'd work very hard to greatly reduce our use of Oil. We'd perhaps ban v-8 gas cars and set the speed limit to 60, and allow NO vehicle to smoke, at all. Not saying we should be isolationist, but perhaps we could stop living high while walking on the shoulders of every one else? Just a start.
You were doing fine until you started banning things.

Rational Agnostic

As the great Pat Condell has said, the entire nation of Saudi Arabia is mentally ill. More seriously though, I think they are a serious threat, and they abuse their own people as badly or worse than North Korea.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think they're trying to get the word out as to how fussy and temperamental they are. And that these attributes (usually found in humans 2-5 years old) run all the way up to their state-level people.

I blame us the West. We force Bedouins to act like Westerners, until they show their true colors

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah,
a bunch of Saudis got together and blew up some stuff in the USA. So we bombed Afghanistan...

I think that the difference between KSA and Afghanistan was mainly the petroleum reserves.

What is it with you people and Hillary? Give it a rest.
Tom