• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saucy

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Lately I've been trying to incorporate more Filipino styles into my cooking, though I still use my own (incorrect) techniques. :D

The other day I made shrimp sinigang, but I rehydrated some dried shiitake mushrooms in coffee (don't knock it till you try it), took some walla walla onions and sauteed those with the chopped mushrooms and some white wine. Throw those in a pot of tamarind base with lime juice, sun dried tomatoes, bamboo shoots, river spinach, ginger, bay leaves and chilli paste! Basil and cilantro are great to add if you have that as well. Pour it over a bowl of white rice and you're set. If you can get some milk fish, that makes it even better. Trout/steelhead works great, too!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Btw, rare steak is an abomination.
There's the heathen I always knew was in you! This is the most perfectly edible food in the universe!

Rare steak.jpg

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, no, no! Medium rare at the very most. Why spend the money on a quality cut of meat and kill it deader than a doornail?
Because fat is a carrier for taste and that has to be opened up. The fat has to be at least glassy, at best slightly singed. You don't get that in two and and a half minutes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And another point we disagree on. Give me a good rare stake and yours...;-)

When i say good, i mean not quite blue (although blue is acceptable), porterhouse, sirloin, rump, t-bone or ribeye

And when i say "I'm yours" i was being metaphorical
When I make a t-bone, it's skillet seared in a cast iron skillet and then cooked (still the skillet) in the oven. Medium-rare is the most done the outside can be without ruining the meat. The middle is still basically rare around the bone. But any more done and it starts to lose flavor, dry up, and toughen up.
But I don't usually serve them sauced. They're well seasoned and spiced and flavored, and served with a sweet role to soak up the juices with.
Warning: Do not put bacon on burgers.
That's just over-doing it.
I don't do it very often, but sometimes when Im really in the mood for a burger, I'll add bacon.

Last edited: