• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saucy

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know anyone who has burned steak, medium is the maximum burntness i know of. Ive never had to cook anyone's steak for more than two and a half minutes a side

That sounds about right. One toy that I bought last year was a sous vide machine. Cook the steak to desired doneness, the time is very flexible, one can keep cooking for an hour over the time it takes to get to the desired temperature with no ill effect, take it out of the water bath, open up the bag, pat it dry and a quick sear. Perfection.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then any lean steak it wasted at you. You should stay with a good rib-eye or T-bone. They are indeed better well done.
No, no, no! Medium rare at the very most. Why spend the money on a quality cut of meat and kill it deader than a doornail?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then you might as well eat a burger. A well done steak is often not that different from shoe leather. If it is creepy crawlies that scare you there is an option. You can cook your steaks Sous Vide. You can even do a rare steak, well make that a rare medium rare steak. Just cook it for three or four hours at 131 F and it will be pastuerized:

Sous Vide Cooking Times by Thickness
The burger advice is best.
One thing I hate....burgers that are taller than they are wide.
I am not a foodie!