• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan's is the great deceiver, who is his greatest victim of his deceptions.

A Vestigial Mote

I never take seriously anything based on proper spelling punctuation and strukture. But I gravitate towards poetry, music, drawing, and sculpture anyway. So whom exactly would I be taken seriously by, smart people? Although in my book it's all seriously edited for proper proper proper all the above unless intentionally whacko bad. Here I don't care. Well I think the structure was clear in the OP after that it was simply replies.
Unfortunately for you, you do not seem to care about the very medium you are attempting to express yourself within. I would probably look into why that is, if I were you.

David T

Premium Member
I am bothered by this mediums
Unfortunately for you, you do not seem to care about the very medium you are attempting to express yourself within. I would probably look into why that is, if I were you.
I am bothered by this mediums tendencies historically. Literacy is a fascinating powerful medium that over time leads to complex abstraction and complete confusion. It takes on a reality for liberal arts like math does for science. Identical. Since both tend to be identical that way we have a serious problem with literacy itself. In this culture it's the golden calf, in religion that's a fact. In science math carries equal tendencies. So I have to laugh at dogma and doctrine as they tend to build in both domains. The universities can't rectify it they are it. All this is here for me is just looking at perceptions of others in how they act and interact with writing. I have no real philosophical statement to make. Unless john Muir is being philosophical in his writings. I actually don't see that. Muir writings are curious to me, like Dylan he has a bad voice so to speak, but it is something underneath that is powerful. When syntax is broken it can at times be done for reasons not directly apparent, but can convey in ways proper syntax cannot. I don't create broken syntax here on purpose I simply mash on a smart phone and it mashes it for me. Lots of times I just leave it.

A Vestigial Mote

I am bothered by this mediums

I am bothered by this mediums tendencies historically. Literacy is a fascinating powerful medium that over time leads to complex abstraction and complete confusion. It takes on a reality for liberal arts like math does for science. Identical. Since both tend to be identical that way we have a serious problem with literacy itself. In this culture it's the golden calf, in religion that's a fact. In science math carries equal tendencies. So I have to laugh at dogma and doctrine as they tend to build in both domains. The universities can't rectify it they are it. All this is here for me is just looking at perceptions of others in how they act and interact with writing. I have no real philosophical statement to make. Unless john Muir is being philosophical in his writings. I actually don't see that. Muir writings are curious to me, like Dylan he has a bad voice so to speak, but it is something underneath that is powerful. When syntax is broken it can at times be done for reasons not directly apparent, but can convey in ways proper syntax cannot. I don't create broken syntax here on purpose I simply mash on a smart phone and it mashes it for me. Lots of times I just leave it.

I get where you're coming from. Being a logophile, I end up being overly critical much of the time, but it is because I hope for more people to take more care with the words they use. As you said, many times it ends up being the difference between comprehension and confusion. If one wishes not to be confusing to others, then there may well be work to be done. Shirking the responsibility isn't necessarily going to help your cause is all.

David T

Premium Member
I get where you're coming from. Being a logophile, I end up being overly critical much of the time, but it is because I hope for more people to take more care with the words they use. As you said, many times it ends up being the difference between comprehension and confusion. If one wishes not to be confusing to others, then there may well be work to be done. Shirking the responsibility isn't necessarily going to help your cause is all.
Actually I am as bad as you are on this. The site is filled with syntactically clear structures and absolutely mangled concepts. I sometimes intentionally reply with mangled syntax and yet clear concepts. So yea I am guilty. I am no Lewis carroll, few are, but I do appreciate what he does. Someone asked how to become enlightened, here on RF. I said "Banish yourself from Religious forums, everyone here is mad, and I am it all there myself"....