• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan's is the great deceiver, who is his greatest victim of his deceptions.

David T

Premium Member
The title says it all.

Then again, the title could be:
"if Satan's is the great deceiver, who is his greatest victim "
"who is Satan's decieving, who is his greatest victim"
"If Satan's deceives does deception exist, and who is his greatest victim of his deception?"

There are all kinds of variations are they different? I might say not at all. Literacy is a funny funny thing.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
There's nothing like imaginatively creating a monster to get children and adults to behave.
But the monster exists with or without clothing. We can clothe it, but it exists independent of the clothing. We can focus on the clothing argue about the clothing and never see it has no clothes but exists.

David T

Premium Member
I'm not following what you mean.
There are things that exist independent of our statements our clothing. I might say, ignore religion or our tendencies towards clothing. "while you worry about the clothing, the lilly neither toils nor spin's" one class in botany, and john Muir went on a 1,000 mile hike to contemplate that verse. He was hmmm different.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I'm still not following. I certainly have not mentioned anything about clothing.

Let me instead focus on the "existence" aspect. If one imaginatively creates a monster, it does not exist anywhere except in the mind.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I won't deny that Satan is a deceiver, but I think God wants him to deceive people or God would simply put a stop to it.... So the buck stops with God. It's his responsibility to stop deception if he doesn't want it

David T

Premium Member
I'm still not following. I certainly have not mentioned anything about clothing.

Let me instead focus on the "existence" aspect. If one imaginatively creates a monster, it does not exist anywhere except in the mind.
Therefore there are things that exist completely independent of the mind. If there is that which is totally independent of the mind, the mind is secondary, subjective, to that. If one claims nothing is independent of the mind, we'll there you have it. If I say 1+1=2 and we go through the series of addition. You could memorize without comprehension. I can't teach that comprehension that's something different from the structure being alluded to of addition. Also reading is the same thing. I can't give comprehension by mearly stating more numbers. So what you are asking me is to tell you in such a way to fit what you comprehend. Since I am being obtuse from your perception, (which I am and yet am not) I can't point out the answer without it simply being misunderstood. Literacy is a funny thing.

David T

Premium Member
I won't deny that Satan is a deceiver, but I think God wants him to deceive people or God would simply put a stop to it.... So the buck stops with God. It's his responsibility to stop deception if he doesn't want it
Pope You have zero clue to what I am saying. That doesn't make you a bad person but metaphysics isn't about our fantasies it tends to be used as an excuse to fantasize.

David T

Premium Member
Share with me empirical evidence of the monster (the devil) independent of the mind.
Can there be a something that exists and never appears in the fossil record? You are asking me to point in the fossil record as proof and if it is not in the fossil record it does not exist. Ironically that is identical to early scientism in early Christianity!!! In fact that's exactly how the nicene creed came about. Read the nicene creed how is it not pure confusion?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The title says it all.

How do you know?

Do you just implicitly trust that your religious leaders and the bible aren't deceiving you?

Are you allowed to question these things without supposedly offending your God? No, no you are not.

So why does your opinion mean anything?

David T

Premium Member
How do you know?

Do you just implicitly trust that your religious leaders and the bible aren't deceiving you?

Are you allowed to question these things without supposedly offending your God? No, no you are not.

So why does your opinion mean anything?
Oh southern baptists without jesus you are comical bozos without jesus. Which bozo is worse, with jesus or without jesus.?

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
I've been having trouble understanding him.

Aren't people who don't have a full handle on English supposed to mention it in their signature or something?
My phone blinked out. The grelling_nelson and russell paradoxes are very interesting.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't believe that God wants Satan to deceive people, but I do believe that God wants us to learn to make difficult choices. If "good" was the only option and there was no incentive for "evil" to be appealing, "good" would be meaningless and we wouldn't be learning anything by supposedly "choosing" it.

David T

Premium Member
I don't believe that God wants Satan to deceive people, but I do believe that God wants us to learn to make difficult choices. If "good" was the only option and there was no incentive for "evil" to be appealing, "good" would be meaningless and we wouldn't be learning anything by supposedly "choosing" it.
Well I added some things in the intro. See if that helps.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Then again, the title could be:
"if Satan's is the great deceiver, who is his greatest victim "
"who is Satan's decieving, who is his greatest victim"
"If Satan's deceives does deception exisd, and who 8s his greatest victim of his deception?"

There are all kinds of variations are they different?
His greatest victim, IMO, is anyone who thinks that they will ultimately benefit by believing his promises.