• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists who aren't Setians, Luciferians who aren't Satanists, etc.

satanist, luciferian, or setian

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ahanit

Please excuse me when I ignore Sirius Star, but I find no sense in the posts...
To the original Question:
I am Setian, I studied Satanism and Luciferian Like I have studied, Wicca and druidism and Gnosticism and Hermetic and Kabballa and.........
I am only Setian because the Setian Concept is the one who has included the entirity of Magik with a mythologie Basic I confirm with my own beliefs.
It combines Magic, Sience, Intellect. Who want to be Setian has to Study, to work, to use his Intellect.

Liu

From the possible choices, satanist only, as that is the most general term and not as bound to a specific worldview as setianism or to specific values as luciferianism. I also consider myself a discordian now and then, and might as well also call myself a shaiva, but that's just because I use a range of concepts to relate to the divine something I call Satan.

Btw, wouldn't that fit better into the same-faith-debates?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
From the possible choices, satanist only, as that is the most general term and not as bound to a specific worldview as setianism or to specific values as luciferianism. I also consider myself a discordian now and then, and might as well also call myself a shaiva, but that's just because I use a range of concepts to relate to the divine something I call Satan.

Btw, wouldn't that fit better into the same-faith-debates?
This is too broad a subject for 'same faith', in my opinion.

Last edited:

Liu

Then just call it "LHP only", that should probably include all the people you want to reach. And the thread-starter doesn't need to be of the religion in question. But well, your thread, your decision.

Liu

And exclude all those of us who don't like the distinction between western and eastern LHP? I didn't want to start that discussion again. I also am not sure whether LHP-only would be that good as there are also RHP-satanists etc. (at least in some definitions of the word RHP...), and as I understand it this thread is for those, too.

It was just an idea to better avoid people of other religions to post here (one did, her posts got deleted in the meantime) and because I wonder what the thread-topic has to do with theological concepts - maybe you could explain that to us, @syncretic?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
And exclude all those of us who don't like the distinction between western and eastern LHP? I didn't want to start that discussion again. I also am not sure whether LHP-only would be that good as there are also RHP-satanists etc. (at least in some definitions of the word RHP...), and as I understand it this thread is for those, too.

It was just an idea to better avoid people of other religions to post here (one did, her posts got deleted in the meantime) and because I wonder what the thread-topic has to do with theological concepts - maybe you could explain that to us, @syncretic?

Hm What doesn't the thread topic have to do with theological concepts?

Liu

Hm What doesn't the thread topic have to do with theological concepts?
It seems a bit too broad for that. It's a question of "what name do you give your religion/deity and why?" and not of "what theological concepts do you connect with that name/religion/deity?". You didn't even ask whether we are theistic, atheistic or something else which would be a basic question of theological concepts imo.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It seems a bit too broad for that. It's a question of "what name do you give your religion/deity and why?" and not of "what theological concepts do you connect with that name/religion/deity?". You didn't even ask whether we are theistic, atheistic or something else which would be a basic question of theological concepts imo.

You can explain whether you're theistic, or atheistic, in the thread. The voting is much more general than that.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
What do you mean; that question is hardly implying anything, except from what it states

Then what are you exactly stating? Instead of doing a one line post, why not add in more details of what your are trying to imply.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Are you a Satanist who isn't a luciferian, a setian who isn't a Satanist, so forth.

Are you implying someone who is on a different path of the LHP but would instead apply certain things from various paths of the LHP? Such as a Satanist who applies more or less parts of Luciferianism in his own views by doing various things such as synchronizing? Are you also implying a Setian who may perhaps still adhere to Satanism but does not consider himself a Satanist? Are you also implying eclecticism playing a key role in your post, such as someone who applies various traditions?

Liu

By the way, this is a 'problem', /if you consider it a problem/, with attaching 'deities', as main character/representations, onto atheistic belief systems. You can't literally say that 'satanism' is atheistic, without specifying what type of Satanism, you are referring to.
I don't consider it a problem. You can have deities and even venerate them without believing in their literal existence. Whether that's still atheism is a matter of definition. And I wouldn't claim satanism to be atheistic or otherwise, it depends on the satanist in question.
You can explain whether you're theistic, or atheistic, in the thread. The voting is much more general than that.
I could, but your first post didn't ask for such.
And, I don't really know. I believe that the concepts I connect with Satan have some truth-value in regard to reality - but whether they are literally true or just metaphorically, and whether this something is a deity or just simply existence, who knows.
All three of these things are mutually exclusive.. except maybe luciferian because those guys are literally all over the map. Pretty much anything can be luciferianism.
Many Setians and also Luciferians seem to consider themselves Satanists - and I would agree with that. As I mentioned above, I consider that the most broad of the terms.

Michael Aquino..you might know him as the fella that claims set came to him in a vision and told him to create a temple of set, which he did, would (and has) argue at length that setians are anything but satanists. Since he invented the thing, it would be hard to overrule for the 'official line ' of 'setianism. Also, he gets right pissed when you call it 'setianism' but idgaf. :)