• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists denied opening prayer for the third time in Boston.

74x12

Why does not make their prayer a farce. You really have no clue what Satanism is. You have a wrong impression of it. They do not have prayer services to the devil.
Wait ... they don't pray? Then what's this all about? I thought they wanted to pray. Why are we even talking about it then?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@74x12 , unfortunately for you this is a heads I win tails you lose situation. If you believe that prayer is real then the Satanists have just as much of a right to lead an invocation as the Christians have. If you think that prayer is a farce then neither side should be leading prayers. That is why I say that there are some places where religion does not belong. If one allows religion into some venues you will always have people that have a reasonable complaint. It is better to leave it out altogether.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Wait ... they don't pray? Then what's this all about? I thought they wanted to pray. Why are we even talking about it then?
Pray is a word that doesn't apply to all religions. Like Wicca. They don't have prayers either, though they have rituals that are roughly the same idea.
That doesn't mean it's a farce, non-legit religion, not serious, or whatever rudeness you have thrown out.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Satanic Temple Sues Boston Over Opening Prayer Policy

I'd rather see no prayer in government institutions, but am not against traditional practices.

I do side with the Satanists that it is religious discrimination solely on the basis they are not aligned with Abrahamic doctrines.

Otherwise I think the policy should end.

Should they be allowed opening prayer?

I think so.
Well, hypocrisy is the norm in the US. To be fair, they shouldn't have official prayers before government business. I doubt the Christian god is listening to them, anyway.

74x12

Pray is a word that doesn't apply to all religions. Like Wicca. They don't have prayers either, though they have rituals that are roughly the same idea.
That doesn't mean it's a farce, non-legit religion, not serious, or whatever rudeness you have thrown out.
I'm just not following you here. We're still talking about TST correct? If they don't believe in prayer then why do they want to pray at the city hall?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why Everyone? Your question embraces false equality. America is and always was a Christian nation. The religion that guided our country's founding is not equal to all other religions.

What Year Is It? We here in America mark time as a way to honor our deliverer. Anyone can say Jesus is not my deliverer. That is irrelevant. His birth is honored at the Founding and we keep honoring him every day. In the Year of Our Lord, February 1, 2021. Other religions may record differently but this is how Christian nations, like ours, mark time.

Why Important?
It's the same basis that I know that air is important to everyone in the country! I believe in the 1776 Commission. That is, I believe it is important for everyone in this country - and the world - to keep in mind the Founding principles of America, aka the Spirit of '76.

The Left hates the idea of American exceptionalism and even distort what it means. Simply put, the exception is that America's government was founded on the principle of limited government. America is the only country in the history of the world based/founded on individual rights and limited government. This idea can be and should be frequently traced back to its source.

Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.
Jesus, Luke 20:25
Other than vague references to a creator (something far from exclusive to christianity), there is very little similarity between the Bible and The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, etc.

Also, The Treaty of Tripoli shoots down and sinks your claim.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
If anything the "hate group" would be the Christians. They are trying to hold illegal prayers.

Illegal prayers?! Hence, the push for religious liberty.

To show the absurdity, instead of illegal prayers:
  • Illegal well wishing
  • Illegal gay marriage
  • Illegal Blacks sitting at a restaurant counter or riding in the front of a bus
  • Illegal immigrant
Well, that last one remains valid.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
That is why we are a secular democratic republic. A country with a guarantee

Again, you are confusing a country with its government. A country is a geographical region with people of a certain culture, which includes language, religion and customs.

A government are a group of coercive agents that reflect the people of a given country.

In England, they drive on the LHS. In America, the RHS. This custom of the country later became codified by the government.

Peace.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again, you are confusing a country with its government. A country is a geographical region with people of a certain culture, which includes language, religion and customs.

A government are a group of coercive agents that reflect the people of a given country.

In England, they drive on the LHS. In America, the RHS. This custom of the country later became codified by the government.

Peace.
Nope, one and the same in this case. I see that context gives you problems

epronovost

That's the definition of a nation or an ethno-cultural group not a country. A country is a nation or group of nations with its own government occupying a particular territory under its sole jurisdiction.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Peace.
You keep making the same errors. You may be a literalist. Try thinking a little deeper.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Illegal prayers?! Hence, the push for religious liberty.

To show the absurdity, instead of illegal prayers:
  • Illegal well wishing
  • Illegal gay marriage
  • Illegal Blacks sitting at a restaurant counter or riding in the front of a bus
  • Illegal immigrant
Well, that last one remains valid.
And I see that you still do not understand the concept of religious liberty. And analogies escape you as well. Illegal prayers are closest to illegal aliens in your list. On public property one cannot make religious demands of others unless people of other religions can make the same demands of you. It is that simple. If only one group is allowed to lead prayers that is the opposite of religious liberty.

Keep trying, you will get it sooner or later.